HeyGuys!

I remember using this nice app to watch streams back in 2015, quick to open, the ui was smooth and well polished.. then Twitch changed a bunch of stuff on their end and it stopped working.
    During the lockdown I started to spend some time on Twitch, usually in the evening to relax a bit, wishing more than once that there existed a viable way of following streams on my phone rather than sitting in front of my pc. One of those times I fired up a reverse proxy and started fiddling with the network traffic.. until the app started working again (luckily Twitch didn't change so many things).
    At that point I contacted the original developer of Blink, Joel, to ask if he was willing to share the source code with me so that I could fix it. He's a great guy and has been very collaborative, so I'm (we are?) happy to present you..

Blink 2.0 - A (Working) Native Twitch Client

You shouldn't feel any changes with respect to Blink v1, but for two things:
    • I reworked the chat to load emotes (does Kappa say anything to you?)
    • Login is not working (yet). Login now works as expected

As with Bird10, you need the latest OS 10.3.3 to run this app

Update 2.2.1.0:

• Fixed playback

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/lE80HKJY#Fy4V25...uGZuT2MdE29ea4

NOTE: You'll need to sideload the app to install it, see here for a guide

Update 2.1.0.1:

• Working login: you can send messages, open follwed streams, follow / unfollow users.
      Unluckily your own messages won't have the emote text replaced with the emote icon, due to how Twitch handles the chat

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/1YlQAQjZ#bNqKSk...zpy2dJTytvAYsM

Update 2.0.1.1:

• Nothing fancy, quick fix for the game icons and stream previews that stopped loading

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/kIFnmQjA#wzVOP6...2WTzj38OHAqN4M

Original version:

Download link: https://mega.nz/file/RVEkwYpY#5XJa-O...RQM2_pRFQPmv5o
    Last edited by Simo_Dax; 01-26-21 at 03:18 AM.
    05-23-20 08:15 AM
    Man this is awesome. I don't really use Twitch much, but I'm still gonna try it out lol.
    05-23-20 06:09 PM
    Wow this is amazing! Thank you. So far the app works for me on my classic. Stream works, chat shows. Most of the emotes show up. Some emotes don't show up, maybe those are the animated ones. Overall this is an amazing app.
    05-23-20 11:38 PM
    Thanks a million, OP. This is going to be fun to use on my Passport.
    05-24-20 02:57 AM
    Legend! Thanks for everything you do!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-20 07:49 AM
    Thanks a million, OP. This is going to be fun to use on my Passport.
    I've tested only on my Q10 so let me know if the chat appears too small on the passport display
    05-25-20 02:36 PM
    Works wonderfully on the Q20 and the leap, i'll test it on my passport shortly. Any plans on opening up the source and allowing us to help out with the dev effort? Not really a Twitch user myself but happy to help where I can.
    05-27-20 07:18 AM
    Works wonderfully on the Q20 and the leap, i'll test it on my passport shortly. Any plans on opening up the source and allowing us to help out with the dev effort? Not really a Twitch user myself but happy to help where I can.
    Idk about this, I'd have to ask the original author
    05-27-20 10:41 AM
    The newest update fixed my issue with thumbnails not loading properly thank you!

I would love to have the ability to have a list of followed channels for easier browsing. It doesn't necessarily have to be linked to my twitch account. The list could be made solely in the app. This would allow me to more easily see if my favorite streamers are online without having to search each name individually.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-20 04:02 PM
    The newest update fixed my issue with thumbnails not loading properly thank you!

I would love to have the ability to have a list of followed channels for easier browsing. It doesn't necessarily have to be linked to my twitch account. The list could be made solely in the app. This would allow me to more easily see if my favorite streamers are online without having to search each name individually.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-20 06:53 AM
    Is it possible to send messages through Blink?
    There's a slide given but no response when tapped. It as wondering whether there's a mistake at my side or the feature is not yet added.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-20 09:12 AM
    I do not think it is possible to send messages through blink because up to now there is no login integration.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-20 07:29 PM
    I do not think it is possible to send messages through blink because up to now there is no login integration.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. I thought over it too having posted (my bad)
    Do you like Chemistry? Your username is a reaction called diels alder reaction, I have it on my textbook.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-20 12:07 AM
    Yeah. I thought over it too having posted (my bad)
    Do you like Chemistry? Your username is a reaction called diels alder reaction, I have it on my textbook.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I got my PhD in organic chemistry. My username is a little wink to those who know.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-20 12:20 AM
    Yeah I got my PhD in organic chemistry. My username is a little wink to those who know.

Posted via CB10
    Great. Organic chemistry is my favourite among all. Actually, physical chemistry is something I dare not try to understand. I never get that but organic is soothing, it's too intriguing.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-20 12:36 AM
    Is it possible to send messages through Blink?
    There's a slide given but no response when tapped. It as wondering whether there's a mistake at my side or the feature is not yet added.

Posted via CB10
    I'm planning to release a version with login working again by end of July

Posted via CB10
    07-05-20 05:06 PM
    I'm planning to release a version with login working again by end of July

Posted via CB10
    I really appreciate the present achievement. And that would be wonderful if this add up occurs.
    Actually, I play tekken too much and thus, love to see joey_fury on Blink.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-20 09:29 AM
    New version out, enjoy!
    dwatts26726 likes this.
    07-26-20 01:44 PM
    New version out, enjoy!
    Hello and thanks for the app. I wasn't able to get login to work w/ 2FA. The native browser, even in desktop mode, wouldn't load the page to enter the verification code. I was able to open the page in Fennec and authorize Blink, but of course that wouldn't log me in. This isn't a huge deal and don't waste time on me. If nothing else, I'll just remove 2FA as I find it to be annoying. Just an FYI.
    07-29-20 05:56 PM
    Hello and thanks for the app. I wasn't able to get login to work w/ 2FA. The native browser, even in desktop mode, wouldn't load the page to enter the verification code. I was able to open the page in Fennec and authorize Blink, but of course that wouldn't log me in. This isn't a huge deal and don't waste time on me. If nothing else, I'll just remove 2FA as I find it to be annoying. Just an FYI.
    Hmmm so if Blink let you guys pick the preferred browser instead of launching the system Browser it would be more likely to work, I guess?
    07-30-20 10:54 AM
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    08-04-20 08:24 PM
    Hmmm so if Blink let you guys pick the preferred browser instead of launching the system Browser it would be more likely to work, I guess?
    I tried login and everything went well, I could easily put the verification code but what's next?
    Website retired to the same view of username and password, and app remained the same as was it before I attempted login. I didn't get log into. Is there something that I am missing?
    I used the default BlackBerry browser for login and had desktop mode enabled.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-20 10:32 PM
    I tried login and everything went well, I could easily put the verification code but what's next?
    Website retired to the same view of username and password, and app remained the same as was it before I attempted login. I didn't get log into. Is there something that I am missing?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, I haven't tried 2FA. Maybe @dwatts26726 could help since he managed to do it
    dwatts26726 likes this.
    08-21-20 02:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    I had to use Fennec browser to get it to work. When you open the BB browser, then open in Fennec and continue the login and entering of the security code. Had to try it twice before it logged me in.
    08-21-20 09:44 AM
    I had to use Fennec browser to get it to work. When you open the BB browser, then open in Fennec and continue the login and entering of the security code. Had to try it twice before it logged me in.
    I don't have fennec, nor do I wish to install it. I was wondering whether it is possible any other way round?
    Maybe some native third party browser apps??

Posted via CB10
    08-21-20 10:56 AM
41 12