If there is a need of antivrus software to install in BlackBerry. Have any one experience it..if necessary then which is the best??

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 05:09 PM
    it's not need for,
    10-19-13 05:16 PM
    If there is a need of antivrus software to install in BlackBerry. Have any one experience it..if necessary then which is the best??
    No it is not necessary on the Z10, for the Z10 itself.
    However, if you come into contact with numerous files from other people or PC's it could be useful.
    I actually have 2 now.
    When I first got my Z10 I purchased Max Mobile security for $10, but soon realized that it doesn't quarantine anything.
    I think it's on sale now for 30% off.
    BlackBerry World - Max Mobile Security
    But, they do not respond to emails, or provide support when needed. At least for me.

I then purchased another app called Secure Antivirus Pro for $3 which I believe is better as it quarantines suspect files if you want it to.
    BlackBerry World - Secure AntiVirus Pro
    The developer is active in the forums and answers questions. He also is very candid in that it really isn't needed, but he was sick of how developers of Max Mobile was taking advantage of people price wise, and he made a better product with better features. I support developers like that.

It really isn't needed. If you have an anti-virus application on your PC, you can easily scour the drives on your handheld.
    Just make sure you pay attention to what files you choose to download or transfer to your device. They wont bother your Z10, but they could be transferred and infect your PC if not careful.

HTH
    10-19-13 07:55 PM
    No it is not necessary on the Z10, for the Z10 itself.
    However, if you come into contact with numerous files from other people or PC's it could be useful.
    I actually have 2 now.
    When I first got my Z10 I purchased Max Mobile security for $10, but soon realized that it doesn't quarantine anything.
    I think it's on sale now for 30% off.
    BlackBerry World - Max Mobile Security
    But, they do not respond to emails, or provide support when needed. At least for me.

I then purchased another app called Secure Antivirus Pro for $3 which I believe is better as it quarantines suspect files if you want it to.
    BlackBerry World - Secure AntiVirus Pro
    The developer is active in the forums and answers questions. He also is very candid in that it really isn't needed, but he was sick of how developers of Max Mobile was taking advantage of people price wise, and he made a better product with better features. I support developers like that.

It really isn't needed. If you have an anti-virus application on your PC, you can easily scour the drives on your handheld.
    Just make sure you pay attention to what files you choose to download or transfer to your device. They wont bother your Z10, but they could be transferred and infect your PC if not careful.

HTH
    Yup nailed it!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 07:59 PM
    Yeah that max mobile security is a joke. Not a chance I would have paid 10 dollars for it, especially when it was free.
    10-20-13 10:09 AM
    Yes. I agree! I believe they are a joke. Now that I've learned more about it.
    But I did not have a Z10 yet when it was offered for free though. Bummer.
    As I always say.... Lesson learned.
    At least I can now share my personal experience with others who now have questions about it, which is a good thing.
    10-20-13 12:08 PM
    it's not need for,
    10-13-16 10:22 AM
    Yep, it is necessary. I'm busy reloading my z10 right now because my email address was hacked via an attachment on a spam mail. The antivirus on my desktop just says go away BB, you're dirty. Should have downloaded a z10 antivirus rather
    than to go through all this schlep
    10-13-16 10:30 AM
    I've found that no matter what 3rd party precautions taken, there is always user error. Its hard to be admitted, but true.

As stated time and time again in all the tech forums... It is ultimately the end users fault for not being diligent. That means not opening emails from unknown sources or not within a trusted circle. Especially opening attachments from the same type of sources. Anti-virus programs are only as smart as the user.

If a spam email or random attachment is opened, a risk is being run right there. Also, anti-virus applications will not stop something allowed by the user even if the anti-virus is installed, updated, and active.

These things HAVE TO BE OPENED BY THE USER for them to activate. Its not possible just to sent someone a virus via email and suddenly your device is infected. It stays resident until the END USER opens it. That same email can be archived for 20 years and never do anything at all... Until opened...

Fact not Fiction

Posted via CrackBerry
    10-15-16 09:37 AM