BlackBerry World version 5.4.0.8 (Update) Only Bug Fixes.

Posted via CB10
    Josuelin likes this.
    05-27-20 09:04 PM
    I guess something was causing a problem at their end.

Maybe repointing to another server address.
    05-27-20 11:45 PM
    I guess something was causing a problem at their end.

Maybe repointing to another server address.
    It's unlikely they'd have hard coded server addresses into the BBW app. This would happen at the back end infrastructure level. Must be something else. Where are you seeing this update? Not seeing it on the store or in the update manager.
    05-28-20 03:44 AM
    Is there really one guy in a dark room with nearly no light, debugging the OS alone since 5 years ?

Posted via CB10
    MadMalthus likes this.
    05-28-20 04:26 AM
    "Now I'm going to implement Dark Hub"
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry World update for BB10 global has officially released by BlackBerry Ltd.-w_nolife.jpg  
    05-28-20 04:32 AM
    Where are you seeing this update? Not seeing it on the store or in the update manager.
    I saw nothing under the Updates section, but got a popup notifying me about an update after 10 seconds maybe.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-20 05:21 AM
    I saw nothing under the Updates section, but got a popup notifying me about an update after 10 seconds maybe.

Posted via CB10
    Weird, on which device? Nothing on my PP yet, checking my other devices now to see.
    05-28-20 05:24 AM
    After a long time I got a app update on my passport, they still working on bb10?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-20 05:42 AM
    Weird, on which device? Nothing on my PP yet, checking my other devices now to see.
    Classic.

Some people here try to convince others that BlackBerry fired all employees from the mobile department and that no one could work on the platform even if they want to. My guess is that all personnel is still there, they just changed their department or duties. So it's only a matter of business value.
    Lets see how will it go, maybe, just maybe, people will get tired of glass and metal slabs and decide to get back to roots. Even 0.0001% probability is something worth considering. As we say in Russian, "Hope dies last". Apparently, this is a 1000001st post about the hope, but this news boosted my faith a bit.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-20 06:42 AM
    Classic.

Some people here try to convince others that BlackBerry fired all employees from the mobile department and that no one could work on the platform even if they want to. My guess is that all personnel is still there, they just changed their department or duties. So it's only a matter of business value.
    Lets see how will it go, maybe, just maybe, people will get tired of glass and metal slabs and decide to get back to roots. Even 0.0001% probability is something worth considering. As we say in Russian, "Hope dies last". Apparently, this is a 1000001st post about the hope, but this news boosted my faith a bit.

Posted via CB10
    100% there are some of the s0me folks that worked on BB10 or BlackBerry Mobile infrastructure... still there. Clearly not the 1000s it once was. Or it could have been a few interns following the manuals that have been left behind... as the last person that fixed something on BB10 commented here.

As conite said this was probable a minor change that most anyone could have made, that facilitate BlackBerry scaling down BBW. What might have ran on a whole array of servers, is probable on one machine at this point.

Good news is I doubt they plan to just shut down things anytime soon....
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 05-28-20 at 11:00 AM.
    05-28-20 07:19 AM
    The update is popping up with a geographical restriction. Patience is the key.
    05-28-20 10:45 AM
    Just received the update on my PP SE.
    05-28-20 10:53 AM
    Got it on my family of BB10 devices here in Ireland. I was more trying to establish if it was a full roll out or just for certain devices to try and figure out what it could be for.

One quick question. Before this update, where paid apps still available on bbw? I just search for a Telegram client and found a paid app in the results. I thought they switched to free only apps no?
    05-28-20 11:10 AM
    Got it on my family of BB10 devices here in Ireland. I was more trying to establish if it was a full roll out or just for certain devices to try and figure out what it could be for.

One quick question. Before this update, where paid apps still available on bbw? I just search for a Telegram client and found a paid app in the results. I thought they switched to free only apps no?
    if you already have it in your account you can still download it. Otherwise payment has been shutdown.
    05-28-20 11:16 AM
    There are still a number of paid apps that were never removed.
    05-28-20 11:16 AM
    if you already have it in your account you can still download it. Otherwise payment has been shutdown.
    I think what he was asking is why are some paid apps still showing up on BBW even though you have never paid for them. Although many were removed from view there are some that show up regardless of whether you have purchased them before. Hug Soft has some that come to mind.
    05-28-20 11:21 AM
    Classic.

Posted via CB10
    So the thousand that were laid off at a time in several waves starting in fall of 2013 (4,500, or 40% of the workforce at the time of that first wave) - reported in several business media sites, and announced by BlackBerry themselves each time, was just changing departments.

Sure. Changing to departments and duties at Google and Apple, which is where a majority of those employees ended up. That's was during the time Google and Apple were massively expanding.

BTW, I got the update on my Z10.
    05-28-20 11:22 AM
    I think what he was asking is why are some paid apps still showing up on BBW even though you have never paid for them. Although many were removed from view there are some that show up regardless of whether you have purchased them before. Hug Soft has some that come to mind.
    Did BurningPlatform ever release their apps for free? At one time he had said he was going to. It was a pretty good selection of apps.
    05-28-20 11:32 AM
    Did BurningPlatform ever release their apps for free? At one time he had said he was going to. It was a pretty good selection of apps.
    Yes - I was mistaken and changed my post above to Hug Soft!
    05-28-20 11:33 AM
    OK time to start that on line petition again..................just kidding, nice find.
    05-28-20 02:20 PM
    Update is showing on my PP here in the UK. Had a look on my Playbook too. Just in case lol. There was no update there
    05-28-20 05:07 PM
    Got blackberry world update. Around 2.4mb.
    From Riyadh, KSA.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    05-28-20 06:07 PM
    Yeah, I got it too, though I fail to perceive what all the excitement is about, really.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-20 07:40 PM
    Yeah, I got it too, though I fail to perceive what all the excitement is about, really.

Posted via CB10
    Im sure its just tidying some things up to make sure it doesnt just go boom and leave it broken
    05-28-20 07:55 PM
    FYI: They certainly made some changes behind the scenes and very abruptly

BlackBerry 10 users: the current version of BlackBerry World will no longer function for your BlackBerry 10 device after May 30, 2020. Please upgrade to the latest available BlackBerry World client.
    05-28-20 08:56 PM
167 123 ...