I'm sure many of us have memories of the 2013 giveaway. Some didn't like the apps/games they provided, but not sure why some folks got upset at it, as these were given away free. I know I enjoyed this app giveaway. So, my question is ... where are the 25 days of gifts for 2014?

Bla1ze ... I'm sure you have the hook-up. Let's at least get 24 days of gifts!!
    12-01-14 01:53 PM
    I'd love to have this again. Might make more people want to buy the Passport too!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 02:06 PM
    Doubt it. I don't think it really helps BB out, it's just a nicety for us BB users.

Chen is more about the bottom-line, which he should be. I don't think giving away apps is going to keep or add users.
    12-01-14 02:07 PM
    I'll leave this one open since it's in the BB10 apps forum.
    12-01-14 04:26 PM
    Thanks for the memories

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    12-01-14 04:28 PM
    I enjoyed it too. Liked some of the apps. Somehow though I doubt they do it this year. If it is things such as this and getting to profitability faster I would pick the later every time.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 05:10 PM
    I doubt it will happen. With BlackBerry World filling up more and more with android ports what's the point. especially since the android ones tend to be free on AAP or GPLAY. Most of the good built for BlackBerry apps I've already purchased.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 07:09 PM
    Maybe "12 Days of Christmas"

;-)

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    12-01-14 07:56 PM
    I'd prefer it if BlackBerry offered incentives for new users to sign up and advertised this promotion!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 08:01 PM
    I'll leave this one open since it's in the BB10 apps forum.
    I'm confused. So this would normally be closed? Does it break a rule? Just curious.
    jordan559 likes this.
    12-01-14 08:51 PM
    I agree with the comments around focusing on profitability, but since I don't develop, I'm wondering what the cost was for Blackberry last year to run that promotion. For everyone that downloads through the promotion, does BlackBerry pay the regular price to the dev?
    12-01-14 08:54 PM
    I'm confused. So this would normally be closed? Does it break a rule? Just curious.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear on that. There was 3 other threads on the same topic in different subforums. We had someone report all the threads as duplicate topics, so that was my way of letting him know what we were doing.

I closed the others and left this one since it was in the apps subforum.

You're good
    12-01-14 08:54 PM
    a giveaway to go with the rainbow passport and classic launch will do BB a whole world of reputational good...i still hope they do something...its now less than 25 days to Xmas
    12-02-14 09:45 PM
    Ask and you shall receive. We didn't get 25 days, but we are getting a bunch of apps/games over the next 2 weeks. Maybe not the ones you may want, but better than nothing. I would like to see PowerTools and that wallpaper one from Shaosoft. Maybe that will be next week.

I should start a thread on how I want a Blackberry Passport for Christmas. Or maybe I should aim higher and go for a Porsche Design blackberry.
    john_v likes this.
    12-10-14 08:35 AM
    Ask and you shall receive. We didn't get 25 days, but we are getting a bunch of apps/games over the next 2 weeks. Maybe not the ones you may want, but better than nothing. I would like to see PowerTools and that wallpaper one from Shaosoft. Maybe that will be next week.

I should start a thread on how I want a Blackberry Passport for Christmas. Or maybe I should aim higher and go for a Porsche Design blackberry.
    Hey shoot for the sky right?

Congrats on the free apps. I was wondering if this thread would get bumped
    12-10-14 08:43 AM
    There are limitations:

"Festive Giveaway
    Kick off the festive season with FREE gift giveaways from BlackBerry� World™! From December 10th to December 17th, BlackBerry� 10 users can visit BlackBerry World and be treated to a selection of premium free apps and game downloads. A whole new selection of FREE apps and games will arrive on December 18th and run until December 25th! Legal: Offer valid only in regions where BlackBerry World is available. Offer valid for BlackBerry� Z10, Q10, Z3, Z30, Q5, Passport and Porsche Design 9982 9983 devices only. Free gift availability may vary depending on handset and country of resident. Data charges may apply to use certain features or to download content and applications over the wireless network. User is responsible for all data charges. Please check with your service provider for availability, costs and restrictions. Offer may change without notice. � 2014 BlackBerry Limited. All rights reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners."

Featured - BlackBerry World

that is the US link
    12-10-14 09:48 AM
    Check out Festive Giveaway in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/emu/2453

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    12-10-14 09:50 AM
    I'm sure many of us have memories of the 2013 giveaway. Some didn't like the apps/games they provided, but not sure why some folks got upset at it, as these were given away free. I know I enjoyed this app giveaway. So, my question is ... where are the 25 days of gifts for 2014?

Bla1ze ... I'm sure you have the hook-up. Let's at least get 24 days of gifts!!
    Check out Festive Giveaway in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/emu/2453

12-10-14 09:51 AM
    I doubt it will happen. With BlackBerry World filling up more and more with android ports what's the point. especially since the android ones tend to be free on AAP or GPLAY. Most of the good built for BlackBerry apps I've already purchased.

Posted via CB10

12-10-14 09:51 AM
    Hey shoot for the sky right?

Congrats on the free apps. I was wondering if this thread would get bumped
    Haha ... aim high and settle low. Isn't that what they say? So if I push for the Porsche Design one, maybe that means I will get a Passport.
    john_v likes this.
    12-10-14 01:28 PM
    Awesome!

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 04:11 AM