We've been using TripIt to manage business travel for a couple of years. Since TripIt isn't officially supported on BB10 and I just learned of Blackberry Travel, thought we would give that a try...but I've had trouble finding much about it online. Seems that I need to create an account with Blackberry just to learn more about what the app does. Before I do that I thought I'd try and ask a few basic questions here.

1) Can an assistant enter travel details onto your itinerary?
    2) Are you able to enter meetings on the itinerary? All I've seen in the screen shots have been Flights, Hotels, and Cars. Having a place for client meetings is important to us, and I saw a post that seemed to imply they had removed this functionality?
    3) Does it cache the itinerary for offline viewing?

Thanks!
    05-23-13 08:49 AM
    I believe BlackBerry Travel only helps with issues over actual travelling like flights, hotels, cars, weather, exchange rates and it can port flights info into calendar. Not what you do with clients visits while on the road.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:54 AM
    We've been using TripIt to manage business travel for a couple of years. Since TripIt isn't officially supported on BB10 and I just learned of Blackberry Travel, thought we would give that a try...but I've had trouble finding much about it online. Seems that I need to create an account with Blackberry just to learn more about what the app does. Before I do that I thought I'd try and ask a few basic questions here.

2) Are you able to enter meetings on the itinerary? All I've seen in the screen shots have been Flights, Hotels, and Cars. Having a place for client meetings is important to us, and I saw a post that seemed to imply they had removed this functionality?

Thanks!
    I use BlackBerry Travel pretty often. In a way it's better than TripIt (it actually exists, integration with the OS, alerts, it's free, etc...) but in some places TripIt I think has a leg up on Travel (things that aren't flights, hotels, or cars can be added such as meals, meetings, etc...)

1) I suppose your assistant could enter travel details, but she'd need to know your BBID and password to login to the website, which would then sync to your BlackBerry. Limited to flights, hotels, and ground transportation.
    2) No, it's pretty much travel only. I believe that this sort of thing has been a popular request though, so I do hope it gets added in the future. I'd love if there were OpenTable integration so that restaurant reservations could be made within the app, add meetings, etc...
    3) Yes, you can view offline. You'll get a popup saying that network access is required for full functionality (or something like that) but you can still view all your travel details.

I hope that TripIt will eventually build a native app for BB10. If they do, I'd probably find a way for them to coexist since each one excels at different things - or just hope that BB Travel gets updated with all the missing features
    05-23-13 09:06 AM

Thanks!
    I use both BB Travel and ported tripit. As said above they each have their pluses. I don't use auto forward on emails so I just manually forward to both BB Travel and Trip it
    05-23-13 09:14 AM
    Thanks. Disappointing that it doesn't include a way to add meeting details. The PR I found from when it was released included this bullet, which made me hopeful that meetings would be included.

Itinerary Management: "View, create, and edit current and future itinerary items including flight, hotel, car rental, meetings, public transportation."
    TripIt could use some improvements in the meeting area, the generic fields they have don't make sense for meetings, and they are missing a dedicated place to put in info like contact details for the people you're meeting with...but it still gets the job done. I especially like that I can go to an old itinerary and copy a client meeting into a new itinerary so I don't have to reenter in everything each time I revisit a city. Looks like I will need to sideload TripIt for the time being (I sent an email to them a couple of weeks abck, and they said they had no plans to bring TripIt to BB10.
    05-23-13 09:19 AM
    Does anyone know how to update BB travel when it does not do automatically. In my bold I used to be able to select "update blackberry travel" when i was in an email containing flight details etc?
    05-23-13 12:55 PM
    I really like BlackBerry Travel, but I am a little worried about it scanning my Emails. Is it secure? I see that the app is made by RIM, which is great, but it does not have the BB Logo shown at the bottom right hand corner of the icon. So, I can only assume it has not passed the stringent BlackBerry acceptance tests. Is that correct? I really like the app, and want to use it regularly.

Posted via Z10
    05-23-13 09:10 PM
    I really like BlackBerry Travel, but I am a little worried about it scanning my Emails. Is it secure? I see that the app is made by RIM, which is great, but it does not have the BB Logo shown at the bottom right hand corner of the icon. So, I can only assume it has not passed the stringent BlackBerry acceptance tests. Is that correct? I really like the app, and want to use it regularly.

Posted via Z10
    I believe it's secure, and it follows BlackBerry's privacy policies, which you can find on their site. I've been using it for 2 years and haven't had any problems. If you don't want to enable trip scanning you don't have to. You just have to manually forward your travel plan emails to a designated email address which will them import it into Travel.

It is indeed developed by BlackBerry, so there's no need for the "Built for BlackBerry" designation that you're referring to - believe that's only for 3rd party devs. This is Built by BlackBerry
    05-23-13 09:45 PM
    I can't seem to forward emails manually too although it has been working well so far.

However, realised that there are no support for ferries? Would have been awesome if it contains such support!

Doctor Who Channel C000C1253
    05-23-13 11:57 PM
    @greggov - Thanks for the response. I am going to do as you have suggested. Thanks again.

Posted via Z10
    05-24-13 09:39 AM
    I love BlackBerryTravel! It updates everything. I'm on the train this morning heading to Ottawa and it updated my information for details. Even forwarded it to my PlayBook.
    05-24-13 10:21 AM
    I keep hearing everyone talk about this app so I finally went to download it.. but it's "Unavailable for this device?"?!
    I'm running a Z10 on 10.1, has it not been updated for this? I can't believe it's a app from them in that case..
    Also surprised this isn't preloaded..
    Ugh!
    Hope this isn't tangential to the thread, this was the first thread I found with an appropriate title.

Posted from a factory unlocked Z10 (and I also have one for sale)
    05-27-13 11:55 AM
    I use both (Tripit via the website since no BB10 app). The reason being is that with Tripit yes, you can add meeting details etc. I print out my itinerary and details for my staff and sometimes myself for big complex trips. One great thing about BB Travel though is the automatic flight updates and alerts. It's free with BB Travel, but only available with the paid Tripit Pro. Yes, Tripit Pro still has more premium features you can't find on BB Travel, but for me, automatic flight updates and alerts trumps everything else Tripit Pro has and it has been a lifesaver on many of my flights. So, I will continue to use both the way I have been using them. Now if BB Travel did everything Tripit and Tripit Pro does for free, I would drop Tripit entirely in a heartbeat, but that's wishful thinking.
    05-27-13 03:21 PM
    Hi everyone, I don't like jumping on someone else's thread like this, but I was wondering if anyone knows, if Blackberry Travel supports trip sharing? I would like that, when a trip has been created, it can also be forwarded to someone else. I see there is an email function, but this doesn't seem to fill the void for actual trip sharing.

All suggestions are welcome, thanks!
    05-31-13 06:55 AM
    I just tried the BlackBerry Travel website on the Z10 browser. I was not able to find some setting on the BlackBerry Travel app. Unfortunately, some sections of the website does not render properly on the browser!! Go figure

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 11:34 PM
    I agree it seems like it shows the raw XML file. Anyway, thanks for the reply!

Posted via CB10 from my Z(ed)10
    06-10-13 08:21 PM