If your opinions arent productive, keep them to yourself tough guy. Some peoples' livelihoods depend on getting to work on time, and this app allowed them to do that. You obviously dont sit in traffic as long as some of us, and dont realize the need for this app, so... stfu and leave this thread. Thanks.
    People got to work on time for a long time before cell phones came along. You just sound like a ranting lunatic.

Posted via CB10
    JTG81 likes this.
    06-07-13 06:10 PM
    But blackberry came out and we got dependent on BlackBerry traffic

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 06:33 PM
    +1 to what almost everyone before me has said. On a long commute w/my brand new Q10, in absolute desperate need of BBTraffic

Fingers crossed the CrackBerry powers that be can help us somehow.
    06-07-13 06:36 PM
    Blackberry Traffic is one of the reasons I stayed on Blackberry platform, was very disappointed it's not avail for BB10. ... How do we get an official request/inquiry into blackberry for it?
    The best way I think is to email support, as another poster suggested. I did, and I think we all should, every day that we are stuck in traffic, until they bring it to BB 10. Maybe even with pictures of the traffic we are stuck in as attachments for proof of the agony some face without it, heheh. Email: [email protected]
    Omnitech likes this.
    06-07-13 09:10 PM
    Sadly, I have a feeling that RIM/Blackberry fired a lot of people that worked on the legacy platform.

Therefore I'm curious who wrote BB Traffic, because I wouldn't be surprised if none of them work for Blackberry any more.

I know that the developer of the current BB10 maps app is a US company called TCS/TeleCommunication Systems, and the mapping and traffic data is mostly provided by TomTom. (I do believe TomTom was the provider of traffic data for BB Traffic as well.)
    06-07-13 11:14 PM
    People got to work on time for a long time before cell phones came along. You just sound like a ranting lunatic.

Posted via CB10
    Right...

Because becoming dependent on a new technology is something that you don't do.

Posted via CB10
    MizzCrack likes this.
    06-08-13 04:25 AM
    I have never used traffic because I never knew about it, but I just got a new Curve for my work this month and after I used it because I was curious, I love BlackBerry Traffic! Love how it gives you all the steps ahead of time, gives you the estimated time spent on each segment of your trip. And the estimated arrival time is great.

I really hope they bring BB Traffic to BB10.
    06-09-13 05:43 PM
    I know that the developer of the current BB10 maps app is a US company called TCS/TeleCommunication Systems, and the mapping and traffic data is mostly provided by TomTom. (I do believe TomTom was the provider of traffic data for BB Traffic as well.)
    Interesting info. Thanks for the tip. Do you know anyone in particular there that can be contacted perhaps about seeing what they can do to implement the features of bb traffic?
    06-10-13 01:37 AM
    Interesting info. Thanks for the tip. Do you know anyone in particular there that can be contacted perhaps about seeing what they can do to implement the features of bb traffic?

Sorry I don't but someone did post an email address here a few posts back, for the support people. They might be able to re-direct if there is a better address to use.
    06-10-13 03:10 AM
    I became a BBT addict. BBT took the guesswork out of getting around overly congested cities and long commutes. It let my clients know exactly when I would arrive. By knowing exactly how long it would take to get somewhere, I was more productive. I didn't have to spend unnecessary time sitting in the car if traffic was heavy, or sitting in the car by arriving too early to a meeting if traffic was light. BBT would offer me optional routes as traffic conditions changed. I could see more clients in a day, get more errands ran in a day, spend more time with friends and family.

*sigh*

Remember the name of this site? Crackberry? BBT was my crack. I am simply going through withdrawals, so thank you for your patience.

*sigh*

For those of you who feel the need to bash others for their seemingly peculiar obsessions within this microcosm of a very tiny universe on the far fringes of space called Crackberry, remember, you're an addict too.
    Last edited by MizzCrack; 06-19-13 at 07:53 AM. Reason: remove quote
    Omnitech likes this.
    06-19-13 07:48 AM
    Chill out? Why do you think they're needing to chill out. Seems normal in here to me. Everyone us just expressing their opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Well, in a way we do need to chill out because we're all too stressed from sitting in traffic!

I suggest a LA Area BBT Meet-Up to chill out on the beach with margaritas!
    DJjjg likes this.
    06-19-13 09:50 AM
    Well, in a way we do need to chill out because we're all too stressed from sitting in traffic!

Funny but interesting idea.
    06-19-13 01:05 PM
    Okay, a new idea: maybe if we offer our opinions about bringing BB traffic back in the latest survey/poll thingy that *might* be read by *someone* at Blackberry, maaaaybe somebody will get their head out of their arse at Blackberry and bring BB traffic back!?:

From the Editor's Desk: Take this Mega BlackBerry survey and have your voice heard! | CrackBerry.com
    07-06-13 11:37 PM

Haha, maybe we can fill the hole in blackberry's incompetence by developing the app OURSELVES (or finding a way to smuggle the legacy version into bb10). Necessity IS the mother if invention after all
    07-22-13 02:02 PM
    BlackBerry traffic was great I thought. I liked it on the 9900. That's one of the first apps I looked for on the Q10.

Traffic is great for motorcyclists and they can get the info and no need to look at a screen.

Q10
    07-22-13 02:27 PM
    I realize this is a super old thread but for the record, BBRY is KILLING OFF TRAFFIC March 27, 2015! With NO alternative for those on OS 7.1 or before. There was very little warning about this also (today is March 2, 2015 and they're killing it off on the 27th). How's that for CUSTOMER SERVICE?

I have a Z10 running 10.3.1 but I exclusively use my 9810 in the car running Traffic as my main GPS application. It has saved me so much time in my commutes it's not even funny. Maps in BB OS 10 sucks bigtime in comparison to Traffic...

I'm so mad...

Here's the copy of the email I got this morning:

------Original Message------
    Subject: BlackBerry Traffic End of Life Notification
    Sent: Mar 2, 2015 8:31 AM

Please be advised that the BlackBerry� Traffic� application will be end of life as of March 27, 2015. This will cause the BlackBerry Traffic application to no longer function.

As this is a BlackBerry OS application (Pre � BlackBerry� 10), there are no BlackBerry� developed alternatives for this application within that framework. We encourage our subscribers to migrate to one of the BlackBerry 10 devices, where they can make use of our robust BlackBerry� Maps application as an alternative.

This service message was sent by or on behalf of BlackBerry Limited ("BlackBerry").

� 2015 BlackBerry Limited, 2200 University Avenue East, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2K 0A7. All rights reserved. BlackBerry�, BBM� and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of BlackBerry and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
    03-02-15 10:03 AM
    Since we cannot get Here Mapping to work on our BB phones, I loaded it onto my wife's Galaxy for a trip last weekend. BB needs to do whatever to make amends with Here. You would not ever make a "I need BBT" again.
    03-02-15 10:41 AM
    It's been nearly two years since I lamented the loss of Blackberry Traffic due to switching to the Z10. I had to become a Wazer and I wasn't too impressed. However, today I'm a big fan and the app works and looks great on my "working wide" Passport. Time to let OS 7 go!
    03-02-15 02:56 PM
93 ... 234