I seriously think that android ports are pointless on BBWorld after 10.2.1, many of the android ports on BBWorld NEVER update, it has been like that since they first released in BBWorld, for example Kindle, Kayak, Waze, Taptu, Kobo and the list goes on and on, since u can get the Mobile Market and install the apps directly from there, and better, the updated version, I'm sick of this thing. Amazon said that they would be supporting the kindle app on BB10 but this was total ****, it hasn't even released a single update nor any of those apps i mentioned so i really don't see the point in this after this update since you don't need a computer to sideload them
    11-23-13 09:45 PM
    I sort of agree BUT 10.2.1 isnt here officially and wont be for several months probably and as of right now there is no other official way to get these apps. So until those happen the ports need to stay
    11-23-13 09:48 PM
    I sort of agree BUT 10.2.1 isnt here officially and wont be for several months probably and as of right now there is no other official way to get these apps. So until those happen the ports need to stay
    I know, i meant after 10.2.1 officially releases
    11-23-13 10:02 PM
    If you don't need/want the android ports from bbw, don't download them. It really doesn't matter if they are there or not.

Posted from my Q10 running 10.2.1.1055 via CB10
    FF22 and habs_fan like this.
    11-23-13 11:39 PM
    The last thing BlackBerry world needs is less apps!

Posted via my Q5 and loving 10.2.1.1055
    11-23-13 11:50 PM
    this is true. I was hoping a buyout by Google, that would be the best. All this sideloading, or downloading laggy apps is annoying, and not stuff your average consumer would do if they could get another phone for the same price that takes those steps away. Imagine all the features you like about BB running w/ Samsung doing the production side of it, and google integrating its app store. pretty nice combination in my opinion.
    11-23-13 11:58 PM
    this is true. I was hoping a buyout by Google, that would be the best. All this sideloading, or downloading laggy apps is annoying, and not stuff your average consumer would do if they could get another phone for the same price that takes those steps away. Imagine all the features you like about BB running w/ Samsung doing the production side of it, and google integrating its app store. pretty nice combination in my opinion.
    An idealistic perspective for sure...
    11-24-13 12:04 AM
    i disagree with you OP...i have seen updates on the android ports over the last months...waze, skype etc....yeah maybe the kindle app has not seen any update but what is available works ok

the standard MO is that once a native version is available, it will be used to replace the port and a prime example of that is the Bible app by Youversion...it started out as a port but the developer replaced it with a really good looking native app about a month ago
    11-24-13 12:05 AM
    Lol nothing would be worse than a Samsung Blackberry, they add so much bloat.
    My Z10 runs faster than my S4 because of Samsung bloat.
    But I think the android ports are fine in the app store.
    I mean if you don't like them don't download them.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 12:06 AM
    Absolutely not. I will never buy anything with BlackBerry hardware that doesn't have BlackBerry logo on it. And the concept of a buyout was brought up in another thread, which I also commented on. Here is what people don't realize. BlackBerry sells their hardware. Sure, they make enough money to pull themselves out of the hole, and maybe even walk away with a profit. BUT, once they sell or even license their hardware to another company, the OS and the ecosystem are dead. Loyal BlackBerry fans won't buy a bastardized phone with BlackBerry hardware, and no one else will buy a BlackBerry when they can get an android phone with the same hardware. A buyout also would not benefit current users, because if they buy BlackBerry's hardware, no way they are going to integrate with the current OS. Why feed the cow when you've already got the milk (yes I know the proper expression, I'm changing it for context)?

cocobrow likes this.
    11-24-13 03:38 AM
    I had a Sidekick 4G, and I will never buy another piece of Samsung crap in my life. TouchWiz (for those of you who don't know, samsung's touchscreen overlay that they add to android) is the worst piece of garbage I have ever had to deal with. Crashes, freezes, random touchscreen actions without touching the screen, and then the phone fried my memory card twice by overheating when I wasn't even using the damn thing. That phone met a very unkind end between my shoe and the concrete.

11-24-13 03:41 AM
    If you don't need/want the android ports from bbw, don't download them. It really doesn't matter if they are there or not.

The problem is that there is no way to tell if it is a port or not until you actually download it don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 06:33 AM
    I disagree. The more people that are downloading from BlackBerry world, the more devs will pay attention to BlackBerry world.
    Plus. The app number looks better with the ports.
    11-24-13 10:20 AM
    The problem is that there is no way to tell if it is a port or not until you actually download it don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    So maybe they can put an indicator on the apps info screen.
    11-24-13 10:20 AM
    So if you download it and you don't like it or it doesn't work, delete it. People sure do complain a lot about free stuff.

11-24-13 11:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can only tell if the screenshoots reveal the typical Android Status Bar at the bottom. BB at one time (and maybe still) did not allow developers to mention it was an Android port.
    11-24-13 01:01 PM
    lol.............
    11-24-13 01:08 PM
    100%

Night Radio Show Tune-In and Discussion: C0012487D Q&A with an Ex-Mormon/LDS: C00121BDD
    11-24-13 01:17 PM
    I guess my thought would be, BlackBerry has to get a premium manufacturer to make them a premium phone with the latest hardware. Our z10's have the internals of a Samsung S3. What I would like now is a premium version of the z10 with the latest hardware.

On the app front, now that BlackBerry basically runs all Android apps, I think the best thing would be to simply put Apk's from developers into App World so that the devs can simply send the latest apk update and people do not have to go looking in Snap, etc. I love Snap, but most users are not where interested in learning anything. Apple has trained them to expect to do nothing but go to an app loader program, search, and load.

Then, in Blackberry AppWorld, it should be super clear when it is an Android or BB10 app.

I prefer bb10 apps always. Evernote for BB10, I like much better than the Android version.

You got to make it easy for the user.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by leejayh; 11-24-13 at 01:52 PM.
    Jerry A likes this.
    11-24-13 01:18 PM
    Apple has trained them to expect to do nothing but go to an app loader program, search, and load.

Posted via CB10
    Is should be this way.
    11-24-13 05:44 PM
    If you want a premium version of z10, get z30. Problem solved.

11-24-13 06:37 PM
    An Android port is better than no app at all and could be seen as a stepping stone to a fully native app in the future.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    11-24-13 06:57 PM
    I guess my thought would be, BlackBerry has to get a premium manufacturer to make them a premium phone with the latest hardware. Our z10's have the internals of a Samsung S3. What I would like now is a premium version of the z10 with the latest hardware.

On the app front, now that BlackBerry basically runs all Android apps, I think the best thing would be to simply put Apk's from developers into App World so that the devs can simply send the latest apk update and people do not have to go looking in Snap, etc. I love Snap, but most users are not where interested in learning anything. Apple has trained them to expect to do nothing but go to an app loader program, search, and load.

Then, in Blackberry AppWorld, it should be super clear when it is an Android or BB10 app.

I prefer bb10 apps always. Evernote for BB10, I like much better than the Android version.

You got to make it easy for the user.

Posted via CB10
    So when the company is in the hole and barely rescued from being sold below value, you want them to pay another company to make their phones? WTF kinda sense does that make??? Like BlackBerry can't build their own phones with the latest hardware?? I have no problems with the current hardware. If you want "the latest hardware", then buy a phone that has it. If you were so concerned with hardware, then perhaps you should have researched your phone's specs BEFORE buying it, and AVOIDED getting it if it didn't meet your standards. I researched the Q10 specs before I bought it. And as far as I'm concerned, the Q is a premium handset. It's the best damn phone I've ever had, in every way. Sorry if this seems rantish, I just don't get why somebody would buy a phone they are going to be stuck with for the next 2 or 3 years, without first researching the hardware specs.

11-24-13 09:28 PM