Another example which shows a big difference . HQ from mobile browser compared to HD in FastTube. The difference is even bigger when I have the output from Z10 to TV

HQ

Attachment 170137

HD

BlackBerry should have a native pre-installed YouTube app-img_20130607.png
    06-09-13 05:52 PM
    A lot of apps are just wrappers. That means, they take the content of the website and present it in a different way. They add no funktionality that the website itself does not have. Those are really pointless to me. I will always rather put a bookmark on the home screen so I wont have to bother with updates.
    06-09-13 06:00 PM
    If you had choice between native cascades full featured YouTube app, and Browser version. Which one would you use?
    Whatever opened when I hit on YouTube link?! I dunno about some folks but there is very little I actually "search for" on YouTube. Most of my YouTube usage comes from others who have shared YouTube links and as such, whatever opens when I hit them would be what I use. It's the only reason I use the app on Android, because the URL sceme opens it.
    06-09-13 08:30 PM
    HQ

And that's not even the best example to show the best details. Output is at 720p. HD in mobile devices is 720p. HQ is 480p
    Ah...I see the difference. I never really noticed because I don't watch YouTube videos on anything but my Z10. Kinda makes the need for HD redundant unless you're watching the vids on a considerably larger screen than 4.2"
    06-09-13 08:35 PM
    Ah...I see the difference. I never really noticed because I don't watch YouTube videos on anything but my Z10. Kinda makes the need for HD redundant unless you're watching the vids on a considerably larger screen than 4.2"
    That's still not true even on a 4.2" screen when the pixel density is high. I in fact watch more videos on the phone in HD than I do hooking it up to the TV. The difference will be big for future devices that have bigger screens. I can just tell when something isn't HD; can't go back to SD. Try fasttube?
    06-09-13 09:19 PM
    Just join us and post this on their twitter account :

We are big enough for your app #BringBB10onBoard

We are trying to get the big names to hear our voice and bring their apps over.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10 from T-Mobile
    06-09-13 09:25 PM
    for who proud with browser app:

dont favor with the browser only..
    APPS-less device = nothing

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:29 AM
    for who proud with browser app:

dont favor with the browser only..
    APPS-less device = nothing

Posted via CB10
    You will be seeing a lot more html5 websites because there is just too many platforms to support. So the browser is very favorable for developers.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-10-13 12:36 AM
    I might be the weird one, but I use YouTube in Desktop mode..... So no app for me..

I am the weirdo that always defends the lack of apps with the browser and people are amazed.... Why do I need to have hundreds of apps when I can have one great app combining them?

This is a mobile computing device and as on the PC you have just specific apps and not one for everything..... Windows 8 with their apps was never interesting for me with just some exceptions like news apps.... YouTube and so on have been browser only for me... Hence I don't have the HD problem...

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-10-13 12:53 AM
    I amazed my former CEO with using salesforce as normal in the browser and not struggling with a lacklustre app missing a lot of functionality

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:55 AM
35 12