The "YouTube app"on blackberry is just a shortcut that take you into the YouTube mobile website. For me this is really disturbing. don't get me wrong, BlackBerry has a great browser that walks pretty well with the website. But for some like me who's coming for android, I use the pre-installed YouTube app a lot and I had to say I prefer watching YouTube videos on the app to the browser.
    My suggestion: take a look at the fast tube app on blackberry http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/23064881 , that is one of if not he best YouTube app I've seen. BlackBerry should walk with the developer of the app, and make the fast tube the to replace the pre-installed one.
    What do u think?

Posted via CB10
    Grumblegrumble, 00stryder and kndL like this.
    06-09-13 11:51 AM
    wow this FastTube app is rated Teen. - Beware.
    06-09-13 11:59 AM
    Forgive my ignorance but isn't a video a video regardless of whether it's generated from an app or the browser? The search works, the videos are all there, and it fills the screen for full viewing.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:12 PM
    YouTube on browser works fine. And no need to waste my limited 16gb of space.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-09-13 12:14 PM
    If the browser is fine, why have all the other platforms made apps? The app offers more functionality that's why. I 2nd the op
    Grumblegrumble and ..Steve.. like this.
    06-09-13 01:14 PM
    Why does everyone insists on having an app for everything when we have an awesome Web browser on the Z10. I am happy with the mobile app and a shortcut to it. Same thing with ebay, I hate the ported Android app, it sucks...as does the standard mobile Website but the hp.mobileweb.ebay.com is really nice. Apple has everyone Brian washed that you need an app for everything, you don't people!
    jaydee5799 and dracolnyte like this.
    06-09-13 01:15 PM
    Because back then html5 wasn't the norm.

06-09-13 01:18 PM
    I just checked fast tube again and with the purchase it's actually pretty good. I didn't like it before this recent update.

06-09-13 01:23 PM
    If the browser is fine, why have all the other platforms made apps? The app offers more functionality that's why. I 2nd the op
    Out of curiosity, what does the app offer that the web page doesn't?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:24 PM
    Would be good for in to have a dedicated browser though... the current one is good enough for me!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:26 PM
    Native would be nice, but YouTube is also baked in the OS, so with or without the "App" that's already pre-loaded, you can upload videos, which I'm sure Android or iOS doesn't have UNLESS you have the app installed.The HTML 5 shortcut works perfectly, IMO. Sideloaded VEVO and BAM, full circle.
    06-09-13 01:32 PM
    Out of curiosity, what does the app offer that the web page doesn't?

Posted via CB10
    Kinda wondering this myself.. aside from the upload option in the app, which is available via the share menu on BlackBerry 10, I'm not seeing anything I would really want. Even the connected TV option is available through the web. I agree an dedicated app should be made, but not for the options sake. I honestly only want it for appearances sake, so people can stop saying "that's not even app" lol.
    06-09-13 01:37 PM
    A native YouTube app would be nice. But pre-installed, no, put it in the app store. Some people are fine with the browser and some don't use it at all so leave the choice

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 01:39 PM
    Why does everyone insists on having an app for everything when we have an awesome Web browser on the Z10. I am happy with the mobile app and a shortcut to it. Same thing with ebay, I hate the ported Android app, it sucks...as does the standard mobile Website but the hp.mobileweb.ebay.com is really nice. Apple has everyone Brian washed that you need an app for everything, you don't people!
    If you want an experience that is consistent with the OS then you need an app and that's what an app offers. Use Fasttube and you'll see the experience is better than using a website. It does not have ads, and it has HD videos not just HQ ones that don't take advantage of the resolution of the screen.
    06-09-13 01:59 PM
    What do u think?

Posted via CB10
    I think you are the cleverkid who wants to advertise Fast Tube.
    06-09-13 02:42 PM
    Lol!
    I've have no business with the developer

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 02:52 PM
    Kinda wondering this myself.. aside from the upload option in the app, which is available via the share menu on BlackBerry 10, I'm not seeing anything I would really want. Even the connected TV option is available through the web. I agree an dedicated app should be made, but not for the options sake. I honestly only want it for appearances sake, so people can stop saying "that's not even app" lol.
    If you had choice between native cascades full featured YouTube app, and Browser version. Which one would you use?
    06-09-13 03:08 PM
    If you had choice between native cascades full featured YouTube app, and Browser version. Which one would you use?
    Between native cascades and browser?
    I'd choose the Android port cause I'm awkward

Posted via CB10
    avatsaev likes this.
    06-09-13 03:12 PM
    I'm also going to go with who needs an app for this? To be honest, when I first got my Z10, there were certain apps I wanted that weren't available. As I used it, though, I quickly found that I didn't need apps as the phone already came preloaded with the necessary alternatives...eg. the browser.

I suppose if you regularly (as in more than once a day) visit YouTube, you would prefer a more dedicated window to your addiction, but the browser really does have all the functionality you need to watch videos. I personally like YouTube in the browser...simple and easy to navigate. You also don't need to be on YouTube to upload videos...that is easily attainable with the share function on the phone.
    06-09-13 03:23 PM
    Fast Tube is a lovely app. Downloaded it yesterday and it's really good. Even paid the 1.50 for sign in access.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:27 PM
    I'm also going to go with who needs an app for this? To be honest, when I first got my Z10, there were certain apps I wanted that weren't available. As I used it, though, I quickly found that I didn't need apps as the phone already came preloaded with the necessary alternatives...eg. the browser.

I suppose if you regularly (as in more than once a day) visit YouTube, you would prefer a more dedicated window to your addiction, but the browser really does have all the functionality you need to watch videos. I personally like YouTube in the browser...simple and easy to navigate. You also don't need to be on YouTube to upload videos...that is easily attainable with the share function on the phone.
    Doesn't play HD videos, only HQ which is far from the same. It is much better when I view HD with my Z10 hooked up to my HDTV. Nobody needs anything but the experience with it is just more completely rather than disjointed from the OS
    06-09-13 04:20 PM
    Katiepea, can you tell me what it is about an app version that is better / different than a browser-based version? What does the app do that a browser-based version CAN'T do. Now, it's fair to say that the App version has a different user experience than a browser based version, but couldn't that be accomplished with a different Web page design? Instead of going to YouTube or m.youtube.com go to bb10.youtube.com and get a better experience? If Google wants to make the BB10 experience better, tailored to the BB10 UX, they don't have to put out an app, do they?
    06-09-13 04:24 PM
    I can tell you that the fast tube app is slightly faster navigating and option to use HD instead of hq. That would be the main difference.

06-09-13 04:43 PM
    I don't see the difference between HQ and HD. HQ is essentially the HD version, is it not? The browser plays regular videos (480p) or HQ (720p/1080p depending on what was available from the uploaded video). What resolution is displayed on a full size HDMI screen?
    I really don't see the necessity of 1080p if you're viewing on a Z10-sized screen anyway.

Posted via CB10 on a sexy Z10
    06-09-13 05:23 PM
    HQ

BlackBerry should have a native pre-installed YouTube app-img_20130605.png

HD

BlackBerry should have a native pre-installed YouTube app-img_20130603.png

And that's not even the best example to show the best details. Output is at 720p. HD in mobile devices is 720p. HQ is 480p
    cleverkid and 00stryder like this.
    06-09-13 05:44 PM
35 12