There are dozens of apps which the only purpose is, without any doubt, stealing money.
    I thought that for the devs to get to put their apps in BlackBerry World, it had to go through a procedure in order to get the approval. But, everyday I see more "Apps" coming, supposedly to give "tips and tricks" or some silly and nonsense information about apps that don't even exist officially for BlackBerry 10.
    App for Shazam, App for Line, News for Netflix, App for Candy Crush, and so on... it seems like a couple guys have noticed the top missing apps in BB10 and got the way to trick people by charging 1 or 2 dollars just for nothing. In my very personal opinion, I think BlackBerry should get focused in trying to offer, maybe a few, but quality Apps, that's something that could indirectly affect the name of this trade mark which is doing a hard work to get the place that used to have with a great OS and beautiful devices.

BlackBerry should do something about this-img_20140613_121344.png

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    06-13-14 11:31 AM
    Agree!!!!!!

It's their store, they have to approve the apps, they should police it! Unfortunately someone believes that quantity is important, so you have Book Apps and Apps for Apps.....
    06-13-14 11:36 AM
    The flip side to that is that is if consumers do their due diligence, apps like those won't sell. I don't know if it is possible for BBRY, or any other platform, to seriously review every single app prior to entry into its store. As I understand it, there are some crappy apps on other platforms as well.
    06-13-14 11:37 AM
    The flip side to that is that is if consumers do their due diligence, apps like those won't sell. I don't know if it is possible for BBRY, or any other platform, to seriously review every single app prior to entry into its store. As I understand it, there are some crappy apps on other platforms as well.
    Those apps violate their own vendor portal rules. Also, I find it a bit funny they deny apps from such people as myself that are perfectly fine but let those glide on through seemingly with ease. And of course, all platforms have crappy apps but when the crappy apps outweigh the good ones and hinder the performance of finding good apps something should be done.

A GOOD app dev stands very little chance of having their app discovered. It's like finding a needle in a haystack these days. At least the other stores have methods of elevating the good stuff and letting the crap fall to the bottom. BlackBerry World puts the crap from and center.

You can even tell when they're getting ready to load up on crap because they remove the 'New Arrivals' section so you can't see the junk flooding in.
    Carterbits, vvvhhh8 and QtHelex like this.
    06-13-14 11:40 AM
    They heard our voice!!!!

08-01-14 11:03 AM
    This is incredible, after the warning BlackBerry gave to the scammers, they are still creating more 'help for' apps without any limitations
    BlackBerry should do something about this-img_20140806_145312.png

08-06-14 02:02 PM
    Appworld is a joke..

I only get my apps from Snap (google play).

Unless I find a good cascades app on these forums.

If it were up to me I would hack out 1/2 the apps then the half working ones send out a notice to improve it before it gets rempved. Then have a separate category for ports. But I would p*ss off a lot of devs.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 05:20 PM
    So after Blackberry made all the devs change the 'App For....' apps

I noticed one was just renamed to 'Programme For'
    I know it's really hard for BlackBerry to control but it's pathetic.

BlackBerry should do something about this-img_20140806_233401.png

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 05:34 PM
    So after Blackberry made all the devs change the 'App For....' apps

I noticed one was just renamed to 'Programme For'
    I know it's really hard for BlackBerry to control but it's pathetic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140806_233401.png 
Views:	1200 
Size:	225.5 KB 
ID:	289346

Posted via CB10
    It's a shame he has made more than 35$ with this junk app... maybe he's made 200 or 300 and only 35 came back to review... it's just sad

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    08-06-14 05:52 PM
    It's a shame he has made more than 35$ with this junk app... maybe he's made 200 or 300 and only 35 came back to review... it's just sad

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700
    To be completely honest, even if it only has 35 reviews, it's still a 1 Star app and people shouldn't even be considering paying for it.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 05:58 PM
    Is there a way to report apps like this?
    08-07-14 05:45 AM
    To be completely honest, even if it only has 35 reviews, it's still a 1 Star app and people shouldn't even be considering paying for it.

Posted via CB10
    Tbh it shouldn't be in app world in the first place

Google play and apple app store would have these apps gone in a day. Since they both have a better report system

Don't worry I'm not try to report Snap2Chat, I'm just showing you guys how ******** blackberry is for not having a reporting system and letting everything into their so called "secure" blackberry worls they tout about.

Attachment 289453

Posted via CB10
    oystersourced likes this.
    08-07-14 07:10 AM
    Tbh it shouldn't be in app world in the first place

Google play and apple app store would have these apps gone in a day. Since they both have a better report system

Don't worry I'm not try to report Snap2Chat, I'm just showing you guys how ******** blackberry is for not having a reporting system and letting everything into their so called "secure" blackberry worls they tout about.

Attachment 289453

Posted via CB10
    Yup it's an absolute joke. How hard is it to remove these apps? Clearly just telling devs that they can't use "App for" in the name produced some super easy work-arounds.

Here's a better criteria. You can't use registered names of companies in your app name. No "X for Netflix, Y for Snapchat ". Apps like snap2chat and igrann can stay. Or just have a simple way to report scam apps then it will take an employee about half a second of brain power to figure out if it's a legit complaint or not.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) and KKruglov like this.
    08-08-14 12:42 AM
    By the way what is the "Built for Blackberry" program about, is the "Blackberry guardian" sleeping?
    08-09-14 02:38 PM