Since we lost BBM Music in BB10, BlackBerry should look at buying Rdio. Integrate it with BBM cross platform, and offer it for a fee or as an add on to BBM. It would add a music feature to BBM as well as compliment the social aspect of Channels. We know it works on BB7 devices as well as iOS an android.

Just my two cents, as a long time user of both BlackBerry and Rdio

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 08:25 PM
    Getting a BB10 Rdio app is proving hard enough, you want them to buy the whole company? lol.
    02-10-14 08:27 PM
    So we can get an official app, not an android or online only version. Plus by owning it they would control the quality and integration into BBM.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 08:32 PM
    When I first saw adds for the BB10 OS and the Z10, Rdio was shown in those adds. I gave up my 9900 which Rdio worked well on,for a device and OS that I thought was going to have that service available.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 08:35 PM
    Since we lost BBM Music in BB10, BlackBerry should look at buying Rdio. Integrate it with BBM cross platform, and offer it for a fee or as an add on to BBM. It would add a music feature to BBM as well as compliment the social aspect of Channels. We know it works on BB7 devices as well as iOS an android.

Just my two cents, as a long time user of both BlackBerry and Rdio

Posted via CB10
    That is the least of blackberry's worries right now… They need to find a way to 1st rehabilitate their name.. BBM is a good way to start but they have to keep the updates coming frequently and often.. then they have to present an aggressive, and very direct marketing campaign.. and then they need to deliver on promises… and then and only then should they look to spend more money on buying companies and app building
    BerryRipe likes this.
    02-10-14 08:50 PM
    I wouldn't bother with cross-platform. The other platforms are overflowing with streaming music apps from Pandora to iTunes to Spotify and beyond. Practically every internet-connected device wants to stream music to you these days.
    02-10-14 08:56 PM
    I do agree with you. There is a lot of work to be done in the next couple of years. I just see many people around me using their mobile devices for music, BBM had it right with their music service, at least in concept. I use my device for both work and personal. Having a leading edge music service available would be a great addition to an already amazing device. I know for me, driving 6-800 kms a day as well as "work" stuff on my phone, terrestrial radio and satellite radio get old quickly. To have a native music service, like Rdio, would be a great addition.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 08:59 PM
    Bb10 music was such a fail haha

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    02-10-14 11:19 PM
    Bbm* ^

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    02-10-14 11:20 PM