Is there a way to save a flagged email into the notes and or tasks folder in Remember? When I go to the save to tab it gives me the option to add a folder but I cannot select one of the default folders already there.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 05:15 PM
    The key is, I want to be able to add a task in Remember and have it sync to Outlook tasks.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 05:19 PM
    It is not for the faint of heart, but dejaoffice with companionlink will do this. Support is good, but you will still spend many hours setting it up.

I'm not sure the limitations (what can be set up to sync) on a BES hosted plan, but that might be an alternative.

IMO, BlackBerry dropped this ball. Syncing with Outlook calendar, email, contacts, and tasks should be effortless and easy

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 07:42 AM
    Im afraid blackberry dropped the ball on most of the core/inhouse apps on bb10

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 05:25 PM
    It seems about all I can do os flag emails, this drops them into my task list. The problem is, if you move them out of the inbox into an archived folder of any sort, they disappear from the task list, at least in remember. Really, what a stupid way to do things.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 05:31 PM
    With Office 365 hosted Microsoft Exchange email, tasks & note Sync nicely

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 05:37 PM
    Looks like if it just gets moved to a sub folder you are ok. If you delete or archive the email, I could see that breaking the connection kinda.
    08-06-14 05:40 PM
    Looks like if it just gets moved to a sub folder you are ok. If you delete or archive the email, I could see that breaking the connection kinda.
    I haven't had luck with the subfolder route. Will try again.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 06:18 PM
    Now, do you have a solution for hiding completed tasks? That's one thing I haven't been able to figure out...
    08-06-14 06:38 PM
    This is one of my biggest issues with BB10. I can turn an email into a task but goes into the unfilled entries folder. This would be OK if you could then change the folder but it won't let you do this either. The unfilled entries folder doesn't sync with outlook.

The other issue related to this that really frustrates me is that if you use the voice to text functions to create a task it can only go into the unfilled entries folder. I used Vlingo on BBOS and this worked great.

It boggles my mind why they not only didn't include this functionality in Remember but haven't fixed it. I hate losing functionality.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    macberry33 likes this.
    08-12-14 12:32 PM
    This is one of my biggest issues with BB10. I can turn an email into a task but goes into the unfilled entries folder. This would be OK if you could then change the folder but it won't let you do this either. The unfilled entries folder doesn't sync with outlook.

The other issue related to this that really frustrates me is that if you use the voice to text functions to create a task it can only go into the unfilled entries folder. I used Vlingo on BBOS and this worked great.

It boggles my mind why they not only didn't include this functionality in Remember but haven't fixed it. I hate losing functionality.

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    Because I have no experience coding I do not know how difficult this is to accomplish. I should say that it is a platform independent problem as the native iOS8 app doesn't work any better than the Q10 does other than just flagging an email. In a way, the BlackBerry OS is a little better in the sense that it puts it somewhere near the tasks folder in Remember. That said it is simply maddening that the BlackBerry OS can only get the email into to unfiled entries folder.

Given that Outlook is still probably the most widely used email, fixing this issue would be huge.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 03:23 PM
    This is not as simple as you make it sound. There are many different use cases. For example, I have 8 Exchange accounts (no BES, which would be another scenario) and don't sync to a PC. I also would like to be able to flag, move into a task, corresponding to the Exchange account. But how one would do this would be very different for a person with a single account syncing through BlackBerry link. And it is in fact totally dependant on what Microsoft allows to Outlook and/or Exchange.

And Microsoft has changed many things and integration into Outlook 2010 and 2013 changed dramatically where they removed "MAPI" integration which has broken many client/server desktop applications that used mapi to send email, like Sage Business Vision, which many of my clients use.

In order for Blackberry to integrate and provide features that we want, Microsoft has to make them happen to third party apps. And this is a very sensitive subject for them. I'm not even sure if this can be done on Windows phones. At one time all flagging was client side (in Outlook) so it didn't even sync across PC's.

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    11-27-14 03:02 PM
    And I'm not saying it's not possible, just that it is not simple. Hopefully better integration and more features ar coming..

11-27-14 03:12 PM
    With Office 365 hosted Microsoft Exchange email, tasks & note Sync nicely

Posted via CB10
    Yes they do, but flags and follow up do not sync to Exchange.

11-27-14 03:14 PM
    I have 8 Exchange accounts (on my own Exchange 2013 server) synced to 3 PC's, 1 laptop and 3 BlackBerry's. Mark read or delete email, contacts, calendar, task (which I use a lot) and notes (which I use even more) are always in sync and with the hub, calendar, contacts and Remember on BlackBerry 10.3.x are all very easy to manage. I am not disappointed. IOS and Android suck compared to what I can do. And 10.3 has really helped. I use Outlook a lot less now.

11-27-14 03:23 PM
    Is there a way to save a flagged email into the notes and or tasks folder in Remember? When I go to the save to tab it gives me the option to add a folder but I cannot select one of the default folders already there.

Posted via CB10
    Flagging puts it in Remember Tasks, but not the corresponding Exchange tasks. Local to the BlackBerry used to Flag and I also would prefer it go to the corresponding Exchange Tasks folder.

11-27-14 03:25 PM
    Now, do you have a solution for hiding completed tasks? That's one thing I haven't been able to figure out...
    I would love to see filters added and even some default properties like filtering completed tasks.

11-27-14 03:34 PM
    I have 8 Exchange accounts (on my own Exchange 2013 server) synced to 3 PC's, 1 laptop and 3 BlackBerry's. Mark read or delete email, contacts, calendar, task (which I use a lot) and notes (which I use even more) are always in sync and with the hub, calendar, contacts and Remember on BlackBerry 10.3.x are all very easy to manage. I am not disappointed. IOS and Android suck compared to what I can do. And 10.3 has really helped. I use Outlook a lot less now.

You use Outlook a lot less, meaning you do more with your BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    11-29-14 07:09 AM
    You use Outlook a lot less, meaning you do more with your BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I use my Passport almost exclusively now to manage email. I rarely use Outlook for daily needs, even when sitting at my PC. On BlackBerry 10.3.x it's easy to see everything, I do use the Priority Hub and individual accounts to filter when needed and pinch for unread. And now with the instant actions, marking read, flag (combined with Remember) and delete are very easy. Writing on the PP is nice and fast. Notes, tasks, calendar and contacts all play nicer on my BlackBerry. I generally only use Outlook for historical stuff that is not synced on my BlackBerry and when I do invoicing from my calendar.

12-12-14 01:19 PM
    When you create task in Remember and save in the folder synchronised with your Exchange account, task synchronises just nicely. Was working on 10.2.1 and is on 10.3.1. I can view these in Outlook tasks and vice versa.
    Now, I how do you send email as task to Remember?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 01:29 PM
    Now, I how do you send email as task to Remember?

Posted via CB10
    Flag the email in the hub and it will show up in Remember under Tasks in 10.3.x in a folder called "Flagged Messages". So this is only on the device and not synced to the corresponding Exchange Tasks. Saving it to Exchange would help those using Outlook much of the time. I'm finding it works fine as is because I am always using my Passport to keep track of everything anyway.

12-13-14 10:35 AM
    Flag the email in the hub and it will show up in Remember under Tasks in 10.3.x in a folder called "Flagged Messages". So this is only on the device and not synced to the corresponding Exchange Tasks. Saving it to Exchange would help those using Outlook much of the time. I'm finding it works fine as is because I am always using my Passport to keep track of everything anyway.

I see it now. Thanks!
    The issue probably is related to the fact, that you couldn't move items between different folder types, which I would love to be able to.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-14 11:17 AM