I cant stress this enough. We are already more than a year from launch date and the Facebook app is still ****ty. Not to mention it wont even open via HUB. Dont they even know this problem exist? the notifications are a mess, the hub integration where you want to open from the hub is a mess too. The app itself is subpar. Im not asking for a complete feature app.. but atleast make it work right.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 03:07 AM
    Yes, I had to disable notifications, because when i open them, they simply grey the screen for 10 seconds, then still show as unread. Messages won't push either...
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-12-14 04:43 AM
    What OS version and carrier are you on? Also, what model phone. I have only had Facebook stop working on me once. Coincidentally it was the day after my mom's stopped working. I couldn't get it to work at all. It kept saying it was having connection problems and I couldn't fix it. Turns out. It was Facebook. After 24 hours it corrected itself. The app would launch and I was getting notifications. It was all good.

You can try this though. Delete the Facebook account. Delete the Facebook app. Hard reboot the phone by holding volume up and down keys. Then reinstall the Facebook app. Readd the account and let it sync. After syncing see if it works.

Hope that helps.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 05:22 AM
    Its not about not working.. its working yes.. but how it is working.. that is the problem.. the notifications and timelines are a mess.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:05 AM
    imho - fb app wors more than enough.

if you find this frustrating... get a life, move away from fb
    03-12-14 07:16 AM
    If you have nothing constructive to say.. or wont help with the situation.. I suggest you dont come here to this thread at all.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 08:39 AM
    The thing about the Facebook app that drives me nuts is that the filter for the news feeds seem to switch on their own from Top Stories to Most Recent. I might just switch to using the mobile browser page

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 09:13 AM
    Thats one of them problems im saying about the timelines.. the other one is opening messages or notifications in the hub..

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 09:31 AM
    The time lines are controlled from the browser on your computer. Set it to newest posts and then refresh from your phone. Make sure sync messages is enabled when you set up the account. Then everything should be good to go.
    03-12-14 10:31 AM
    I notice ma Facebook somethings hugs the cpu
    It uses about 50% cpu power and drains my battery not to mention slows down Facebook browsing a lot.
    Blackberry PLEASE FIX THE FACEBOOK APP.-img_20140312_234001.png

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2141
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    03-12-14 10:45 AM
    Ya, come on FB, do it right!! You'd think with all that money, you could make a simple app for us....

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    03-12-14 10:58 AM
    The app is really rubbish, notifications are not reliable. It's slow and unresponsive. Considering the fact that Facebook is the biggest social network in the world the app should be better. I don't understand why a company the size of Facebook cannot spare 1-3 people and have them make the app up to their standards.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 11:54 AM
    I am unable to post chat messages either from the FB app nor from the hub. This is a serious problem for Blackberry. I have been able to in the past, prior to the last OS update. I noticed this problem only today as I am not a heavy FB user.

Xeak
    03-12-14 12:15 PM
    The time lines are controlled from the browser on your computer. Set it to newest posts and then refresh from your phone. Make sure sync messages is enabled when you set up the account. Then everything should be good to go.
    That doesn't stop it from changing back to 'Top stories' whenever it feels like. Trust me, I experience that a lot.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    03-12-14 12:24 PM
    The app is really rubbish, notifications are not reliable. It's slow and unresponsive. Considering the fact that Facebook is the biggest social network in the world the app should be better. I don't understand why a company the size of Facebook cannot spare 1-3 people and have them make the app up to their standards.

Posted via CB10
    FYI, Facebook doesn't make the BB10 app, BlackBerry does.

brout likes this.
    03-12-14 12:27 PM
    I do not get news feeds through that are current. Sometimes they disappear on opening then have to go to persons page to see news. Just gone into Facebook and news feeds from 19 hours ago but nothing resent. Aggravating.

EE-UK, My fantastic Z10
    03-12-14 12:28 PM
    I just load up FB on my webbrowser, it automatically loads up the mobile version FB, then I just click on the "+add to home screen"

Voila, don't have to deal with the silly BS app.
    03-12-14 12:28 PM
    You may have to do a clean reset of the OS without restoring settings
    FB app has settings problems going from 10.1MR to 10.2, and many problems carried over
    The app itself isn't faulty.
    Mind you, the problem you have was a characteristic of 10.2.1.1055. Is that what you are on?
    03-12-14 12:30 PM
    No.. im on the latest OS and I have wiped my device on every update. Its the app that has a problem. I am asking BlackBerry to fix it because the FB app is made by Blackberry. Almost all other BlackBerry apps have received updates recently.. PLEASE fix the FB app. We need more noise regarding this so it reaches them.

Oh and don't say i can just use the browser.. that answer is the exact reason why others prefer to stay with their phones rather than move to BB10. When there is a problem, you fix it.. not run away and find another way around it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xxjavaxx2001; 03-12-14 at 12:45 PM.
    03-12-14 12:35 PM
    No.. im on the latest OS and I have wiped my device on every update. Its the app that has a problem. I am asking BlackBerry to fix it because the FB app is made by Blackberry. Almost all other BlackBerry apps have received updates recently.. PLEASE fix the FB app. We need more noise regarding this so it reaches them.

Oh and don't say i can just use the browser.. that answer is the exact reason why others prefer to stay with their phones rather than move to BB10. When there is a problem, you fix it.. not run away and find another way around it.

Posted via CB10
    You wipe it, but do you restore? If you do that is the problem
    I use fb daily with no problems
    Don't get me wrong, if there's a problem, it needs to get fixed
    But from the many OSes I've tested and devices I've troubleshooted, everything points to restore being the issue, unless you're on 10.2.1.1055 that is
    03-12-14 12:59 PM
    I have no problems with my FB. But I have had them in the past.

Because the FB app is made by BlackBerry, if FB changes something on their end, the app may not work as expected for a while.

Make sure you keep it updated. The problems can be fixed.

All that being said, since BlackBerry is making the app, they should just make their own UI for it, instead of trying to copy what is already out there.

But then I guess too many people would complain it's not FB because it doesn't look the same...

Via Z30 10.3.0.1337
    03-12-14 01:10 PM
    It was working perfectly before the last app update. I've barely looked at it since...

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:41 PM
    Are you sure? You're saying BlackBerry makes all the apps, not the developers? I wouldn't want to bet on that; I'm pretty sure the developers supply the apps, not BlackBerry.

FYI, Facebook doesn't make the BB10 app, BlackBerry does.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    03-12-14 09:57 PM
    So I've been searching for the problem I've been having with the FB app, and so far I haven't found anyone who has had the same problem.. For me, I have never been able to use the Hub integration for the FB app... Absolutely Never... the options are grayed out in the settings, and even after reinstalling the BBW app, as the note suggests in the settings when you first set up the FB account, nothing! ..since day one.. From most of what I read, people say that it stops working, or it works but is faulty in some way.. but so far I've never read a post that states the Hub integration has just never worked to begin with.

Maybe someone here can help?? Point me in the right direction.. Z30 on Verizon, 10.2.0.1223. Software release .262. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 06:36 AM
    I have also tried to email the support, through BBW, for the app with the issue I'm having, no reply..

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 06:38 AM
46 12