BlackBerry, please listen and understand the requirement of bringing Google apps to BlackBerry 10 OS!!! It's really causing a big gap in customer base!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 02:51 AM
    It's not up to BlackBerry's will.
    08-16-14 03:47 AM
    It's been discussed to death, and it's not going to happen in a hurry

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-16-14 03:49 AM
    It's not up to BlackBerry's will.
    Actually, all they have to do is remove the Google Play Services Stub so we could install that ourselves.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 08:53 AM
    Actually, all they have to do is remove the Google Play Services Stub so we could install that ourselves.

Posted via CB10
    No that's not how it works at all. Or all I would have to do is download from snap like this

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 291107

But it doesn't work that way
    08-16-14 08:56 AM
    No that's not how it works at all. Or all I would have to do is download from snap like this

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 291107

But it doesn't work that way
    It doesn't work that way because of the stub which prevents you from installing the APK

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 09:50 AM
    It doesn't work that way because of the stub which prevents you from installing the APK

Posted via CB10
    Which is under the control of Google... not BlackBerry

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-16-14 10:45 AM
    I just want my google map back with all log-in features of course.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 11:58 AM
    I just want my google map back with all log-in features of course.

Posted via CB10
    You can't get it back, evil BlackBerry has buried it into the woods.
    08-16-14 12:07 PM
    I think the privacy agreements Google have and those blackberry have, are to different. Won't happen any time soon.
    08-16-14 12:10 PM
    I don't think it's ever going to happen. I'd venture a guess that is why BlackBerry formed an agreement with Amazon.

Adam
    Flatman likes this.
    08-16-14 12:18 PM
    I don't think it's ever going to happen. I'd venture a guess that is why BlackBerry formed an agreement with Amazon.

Adam
    It could still happen but the BB10 user base would need to be 10x bigger for Google to care. They would build similar apps found on iOS.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-16-14 12:21 PM
    why not simply buy a Sammy whartever.... If Google Maps is what you have to have... then you issues are solved... never understand where members get their ideas from.. I could understand these posts if BB had said they were going support google services . but gusess what ... they did not... time to move on....
    HabsFan9860 and Flatman like this.
    08-16-14 12:34 PM
    BlackBerry is about security. Google's various services are about tracking, locating and keeping your history saved. This, believe or not, actually lowers the what privacy the BlackBerry User has if there were to have these services. If privacy is lowered, then there is less security in one form or another.

In all truth, if BlackBerry was to have these services, you would have them by now. Google would have accepted BlackBerry since they have the requirements to be accepted. BlackBerry will never get these services.

BlackBerry is not meant to be an Android device. The Android Runtime is missing many files it needs to be a Operating System. The Runtime in a style is a form of a emulation.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 12:48 PM
    Want goggle apps? buy android phone! This is BlackBerry.
    coloibarra likes this.
    08-16-14 01:23 PM
    Which is under the control of Google... not BlackBerry

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Not true actually. That's all BlackBerry's doing.

Posted via CB10
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    08-16-14 04:51 PM
    Not true actually. That's all BlackBerry's doing.

Posted via CB10
    Google decides who gets Google services.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and howarmat like this.
    08-16-14 05:02 PM
    Google decides who gets Google services.

Posted via CB10
    You do not understand the mechanics of business. Google Apps (GAPPS) is available for all Android devices, regardless if they are from Google or any other vendor. It's Blackberry who is locking down the Android runtime so that GAPPS can not be installed. The main reason for this is, that full GAPPS support would allow to purchase apps from Google Play and this is the last thing that Blackberry wants. Therefore the main components as com.google.android.gsf are only available in a modified form on the device.

There are workarounds to support some Google Play services features. You can patch your files so that they don't cry for Google Play services and you can even log in to Google Maps and get your starred places if required.

Read this for more details:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...rvices-914930/

For a full working login into Google Maps with starred places read this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...l#post10175045
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    08-16-14 05:56 PM
    You do not understand the mechanics of business. Google Apps (GAPPS) is available for all Android devices, regardless if they are from Google or any other vendor. It's Blackberry who is locking down the Android runtime so that GAPPS can not be installed. The main reason for this is, that full GAPPS support would allow to purchase apps from Google Play and this is the last thing that Blackberry wants. Therefore the main components as com.google.android.gsf are only available in a modified form on the device.

There are workarounds to support some Google Play services features. You can patch your files so that they don't cry for Google Play services and you can even log in to Google Maps and get your starred places if required.

Actually, all Android devices have to past a test to in order to make sure they meet requirements. So no. Google hasn't even tested BlackBerry 10 devices. But BlackBerry has a, get this, a runtime. It does not have the libraries. It is missing a lot of files. That is why it doesn't work. Google Play services does exactly what it's suppose to do. It's missing the files it needs to used.

Don't insult others what you think you know. Yes, think.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and Berry_Pink like this.
    08-16-14 06:02 PM

I think that it is you that doesn't understand but if you wish to continue to believe this, then by all means, do so.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 06:07 PM
    Actually, all Android devices have to past a test to in order to make sure they meet requirements. So no. Google hasn't even tested BlackBerry 10 devices. But BlackBerry has a, get this, a runtime. It does not have the libraries. It is missing a lot of files. That is why it doesn't work. Google Play services does exactly what it's suppose to do. It's missing the files it needs to used.

Don't insult others what you think you know. Yes, think.

Posted via CB10
    I did not mean to insult anyone. The point is, that Blackberry doesn't want Google apps on their devices because the business model is based on selling apps from Blackberry World and not from a third party vendor. At least not one it has no cooperation with as with Google.

And maybe you should be aware of the fact, that the full Google apps are available as a signed package for any device that is built on AOSP (Android Open Source Project). And the Blackberry runtime is build on the Android Open Source Project.
    Google Apps - CyanogenMod

So what is it you think to know about Google apps?
    Witmen likes this.
    08-16-14 06:15 PM
    Nope dont want it..... OP why dont you buy an android?

Differentiate or Die
    08-16-14 06:17 PM
    I did not mean to insult anyone. The point is, that Blackberry doesn't want Google apps on their devices because the business model is based on selling apps from Blackberry World and not from a third party vendor. At least not one it has no cooperation with as with the upcoming Amazon Store.

And maybe you should be aware of the fact, that the full Google apps are available as a signed package for any device that is built on AOSP (Android Open Source Project). And the Blackberry runtime is build on the Android Open Source Project.
    Google Apps - CyanogenMod

So what is it you think to know about Google apps?
    That's not the only reason BlackBerry doesn't want Google apps. There's many others like how Google and security doesn't go together, malware, and the permissions BlackBerry has to allow Google to have to get play services on BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 06:17 PM
    That's not the only reason BlackBerry doesn't want Google apps. There's many others like how Google and security doesn't go together, malware, and the permissions BlackBerry has to allow Google to have to get play services on BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with this. Beside the business, it may also be about security or reputation reasons. But mainly it's all about $$$ isn't it?
    08-16-14 06:22 PM
    I totally agree with this. Beside the business, it may also be about security or reputation reasons. But mainly it's all about $$$ isn't it?
    I don't think so. Let's say BlackBerry somehow got Google play services to work on bb10 devices. I think they would sell way more BB devices than the actual app store would lose. Thus making money and bringing more users to bb10

I think it's more of the permissions BlackBerry and files/ access BlackBerry would have to let Google have access to for Google to say yes and let BlackBerry have Google play services

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 06:25 PM
70 123