Up & Back, was beautiful even with congestion! Voice and Ui blows Google maps princess out the water!...

Also was faster.. side by side! For half the trip up and half back till we decided BB Maps was 100% so I turned to just her beautiful voice...

#FlyingDown95At95MPHWithMyBlackberry
    ..blasting Layne Staley cause this is MeriCa baby!

Yet another reason I'll always get mad when people get mad that I say, darn, what blackberry could have been! I'll always say it.. always. Maybe the people who get mad when I say that feel the same as me though but can't show it so get mad.

What are people talking about?

U.S.A.
    U.S.A.
    U.S.A!...

And Canada!

Seriously BlackBerry Maps - I prefer.
    Also was on five percent and it made it as in my passport just to my front door, Amazing!.. love BlackBerry 10 and the passport. Can't be beaten!

What's with the reviews for BlackBerry maps? I knows it's older (hillbilly voice) but was fine for me and I saw others saying they use it everyday, even a truck driver!... I guess people only review when it's BAD news!

#ashame

#PraiseTheGoodToo

No KeyOne for me still,
    sorry 801 is my favorite Number TCL lease BB10 too!
    Fight back canada against MeriCa and them wanting all access passes to control the markets and the keys to the entire kingdom as look at anyone at anytime via our phones! Don't let them keep ya OS down. Hehe.. we're on ya side.. #SnowdenSaid

So how long can we hold out guys? 2023?
    Where my BB10 riders at still?.. as in daily driving on BB10 and making it work or its just working?..

I think the 801 can process any apps even then as they can't get to more advanced or colorful!

So for Passports Not Slow. Q10 a little Wait but no lag, just a wait for a split second. No biggie! Worth it overall IMO..

#PassportisKiNG

Haha, it works off of "0" battery... genius!

Does Apple really Have a ton of BlackBerry folks over there now? As much as I can't believe I am saying this but in 2023 or beyond when I may have to turn in the Passport - it may be apple I go to for mobile unless BlackBerry steps up the android to mimic BB10 exactly along with better specs and most importantly - Width! They make em tall so make em wide. I know it would sell. Hope #TCL reads this ****! It's a winner as in the 4:3 ratio K1 with on screen navigation (not painted on) buttons in 4.7 inches. It'll be in between the width of a passport and standard garbage androids out now. #Doit . The BlackBerry Conite since he did the sketch. It'll make way for larger batter, keys, dual speakers, etc!! Oh, give us the QNX forked runtime to as I like BBW even on my android. Haha..

#GoALLin

Or just make the passport se clone with fingerprint in the spacebar and high end specs! Winner! To bad android would cry and have a fit over the 1x1 screen says allot of folks although I've yet to see that stated anywhere with a link that holds weight? Anybody? I'll call them and ask tomm! Can't they make it and have it run the apps smaller in the 4:3 "legal" ratio on the 1x1 screen BUT with software built in to scale the app to get a loophole?

HAS.... to be a loophole as LG and Samsung both have odd sized screens right now and LG has built in software to deal with the scaling like our Passports been doing since 2014 and prior as in all BB10 devices. JS..

 Passport SE  -Working wiDe in 2017+...
    Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 10-04-17 at 09:13 PM.
    anon(8679041) and emanuel0ss0 like this.
    10-04-17 08:50 PM
    less coffee man. I got jittery just reading your post. Only thing I can agree with you is the battery, although you can cache Google maps if you think of it before driving.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    10-04-17 09:14 PM
    less coffee man. I got jittery just reading your post. Only thing I can agree with you is the battery, although you can cache Google maps if you think of it before driving.
    Hey now, I Don't drink Coffee. I am saddened you can't agree! You must be Canadian. Giving up on ya own OS so easily! I'm teasing. No, honestly just COKE as in coca cola. I live a drug and alcohol free life. I am naturally insane but sometimes right yet never wrong. Like a #GoodFella

PS: I don't want nor need Gmaps is my point though but thanks for the tip. Not on my Passport. Chews battery not to mention BlackBerry maps works better!..

#SomebodyHasToBringThisSectionOfTheForumBackToLife

If you just drove 143mph on 95 for 50 minutes straight and had her up to 163 at times you would probably be a little hype as well. Souped Hemi. Anyway, Especially with my Beautiful REAL BlackBerry by my side. I knew if I died, least she was right with me.

BTW: The K1 auto kills apps overnight. Don't believe me? Load ya apps up to full and in background, go to bed. Wakeup and some will be GONE like magic. I said I didn't want one nor own one, didn't say I didn't test drive her. I was most disappointed in the Keyboard which I was surprised isn't the biggest complaint. Built well BUT small keys. Again, Passport was the winner. They should of went 4:3 ratio since not aloud to have their trademark 1x1 with Keyboard. 4:3 at 4.7 inch super Amoled would give them the widest possible for Android and equal larger keys as well as other stuff! Multitasking on K1 is pointless, imo! The new phone will be better with that though but then missing the physical keyboard. Hah... #CantWin

#TheyDidGoOUTWithABang

Last edited by DreadPirateRegan; 10-04-17 at 09:29 PM.
    10-04-17 09:17 PM
    As a native app, it works well on BB10 for the basic functions of a mapping app. The TomTom maps are fairly complete.

But moving beyond basic functions is where it falls apart - crowd sourcing, traffic alerts, multiple routes, points of interest, satellite views and other layering, offline saved maps, explore functions, location sharing, timelines, etc, etc, etc.
    10-04-17 09:35 PM
    As a native app, it works well on BB10 for the basic functions of a mapping app. The TomTom maps are fairly complete.

But moving beyond basic functions is where it falls apart - crowd sourcing, traffic alerts, multiple routes, points of interest, satellite views and other layering, offline saved maps, explore functions, location sharing, timelines, etc, etc, etc.
    Got you 100%, I just like to go to point A to B.
    It works. LOL. #Results

People are so fancy! .... why do I need an aerial view? Lol
    They say the passport is fancy, they are fancy! Haha. #FancyClowns

10-04-17 10:21 PM

BTW: ...didn't Know was via TomTom thanks for the knowledge! Love that stuff!

10-04-17 10:21 PM

It was damn good with traffic congestion at one point though. Wonder where it pulls that info from? Can't speak for anything else but basic functions to get u from A to B with traffic congestion re routes if needed. I can't ask for more. Was a more pleasent experience imo.

10-05-17 10:17 AM
    Ahhh, so I guess this is the reason for BBMapsPro as it has all the options you mentioned from Google paired with the rea blackberry maps for travel. Glad I have it in case I need an aerial shot. :x

10-05-17 10:22 AM
    Ahhh, so I guess this is the reason for BBMapsPro as it has all the options you mentioned from Google paired with the rea blackberry maps for travel. Glad I have it in case I need an aerial shot. :x

It has a couple of the options, yes.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    10-05-17 11:08 AM
    Hey now, I Don't drink Coffee. ... No, honestly just COKE as in coca cola. I live a drug and alcohol free life.

Uhhhh - you are aware that coke has CAFFEINE, right?

https://www.caffeineinformer.com/caf...a-cola-classic

10-05-17 04:27 PM

If you just drove 143mph on 95 for 50 minutes straight and had her up to 163 at times you would probably be a little hype as well. Souped Hemi.
    Modern hemi or 60s?

You'd get a kick out of my brother's car - '09 Pontiac G8 - 6 l all aluminum engine in a 4 door mid-size car, cold air intake, exhausts and chipped. He estimates 400 hp and I've seen 250 km/h (155 mph) on the speedo. Rock solid at that speed.

Then, just for fun he's building a '71 Nova SS with a 436 (454 crank in a 396 block) that his engine builder figures will do 550 hp.
    Useful for pulling small towns, shredding rubber, etc.

Back to BB - I never could get BB maps to work for me, but Google maps isn't much better - I can only make it work about 50% of the time.

And, quit bashing us Canucks, or we'll come down and burn the White House again!
    10-05-17 04:32 PM
    I have been let down so many times by BlackBerry Maps only to be saved by Google Maps on my wife's Galaxy.

Glad someone still finds it useful.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-17 04:44 PM
    Hi just used bb maps for the first time in a long time. Was very pleased. Helped me by telling me of traffic congestion

Sent from my Passport Red Edition
    10-05-17 06:01 PM
    Yes but it's not that nasty Coffee!

10-05-17 07:08 PM
    Arhhhh, Matey, are ye a real man or not?
    10-05-17 07:11 PM
    Modern hemi or 60s?

You'd get a kick out of my brother's car - '09 Pontiac G8 - 6 l all aluminum engine in a 4 door mid-size car, cold air intake, exhausts and chipped. He estimates 400 hp and I've seen 250 km/h (155 mph) on the speedo. Rock solid at that speed.

Then, just for fun he's building a '71 Nova SS with a 436 (454 crank in a 396 block) that his engine builder figures will do 550 hp.
    Useful for pulling small towns, shredding rubber, etc.

Back to BB - I never could get BB maps to work for me, but Google maps isn't much better - I can only make it work about 50% of the time.

And, quit bashing us Canucks, or we'll come down and burn the White House again!
    Lol about the white house, do your thing.

Modern-ish, souped but don't have exacts. I pay to play!

But does your brother have a BlackBerry Passport is the question? Haha..

Hey, what town area are you in, Winnipeg?
    You would think if blackberry maps would hold up it would hold up thee longest in Canada! I guess not.. Hmm..

Cold yet?.. Hehe. Always sunny in Philadelphia!

10-05-17 07:12 PM
    Hi just used bb maps for the first time in a long time. Was very pleased. Helped me by telling me of traffic congestion

Sent from my Passport Red Edition
    +1 I was surprised! Better experience too! Even my android buddy agreed as he held on for dear Life!

10-05-17 07:13 PM
    My brother is near Winnipeg, but I am 8 hours north of Winnipeg. Weath has been pretty good - southern Saskatchewan has had Snow, but we haven't. Pretty nice fall so far.
    10-05-17 07:14 PM
    Thanks for driving 143 mph and putting people's lives at risk while you conducted your ever important side-by-side BlackBerry Maps vs Google Maps test. For folks like me who drive for a living and have survived devastating car accidents, you're the real MVP.
    10-05-17 07:20 PM
    Have to wonder if BlackBerry licensing with Tom Tom was a one time thing or if they have to pay them annually for it?

I compared Google and BBMaps a few years ago in Florida.... way to many strange U-Turns involved in BBMapping directions. My biggest issue was the Assistant and BBMaps didn't work well together and wasn't a good hands free experience if I wanted to make a unscheduled pit stop and find something.

Glad that their mapping has improved for those few still needing it.
    10-06-17 08:42 AM
    Thanks for driving 143 mph and putting people's lives at risk while you conducted your ever important side-by-side BlackBerry Maps vs Google Maps test. For folks like me who drive for a living and have survived devastating car accidents, you're the real MVP.
    Where do you live that people can drive past you at 143 mph? Where I live in Florida, I'm good for 90-110 mph with flow of traffic on expressways but that's about it.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-06-17 08:47 AM
    Please let me know where you fricking maniacs live in Florida. Getting ready to retire down there and I'd prefer not getting run over at only 80 mph.
    10-06-17 09:10 AM
    I'm on the slow coast in Tampa Bay Metro. You'll do fine as long as you stay in the non-passing lane unless you're passing someone. They actually passed a law in Florida that you cannot sit in the passing lane regardless of speed if you're not passing. It's considered impeding the flow of traffic, even if exceeding the speed limit.

You'll want to avoid the East Coast of Florida, especially South Florida Metro. They named us the "slow coast".
    10-06-17 09:18 AM
    Where do you live that people can drive past you at 143 mph? Where I live in Florida, I'm good for 90-110 mph with flow of traffic on expressways but that's about it.
    Indiana. More than a few spots that are wide open.
    10-06-17 09:23 AM
    Indiana. More than a few spots that are wide open.
    Here in Florida, most of those places have disappeared unless it's 3am in the middle of the metros...
    10-06-17 09:26 AM
61 123