BlackBerry has never bothered to get the maps going for India. It's been years since BlackBerry is in India and they have not bothered to get it working for India. Although I am a big BlackBerry fan, it is really disappointing to think that BlackBerry would expect to charge a premium for their smartphones in India (Z10 costs around US$850)and yet not provide customers with all the services here. The video services are also not available on BlackBerry World for Indian consumers. Is there any work around to get BB maps working in India?

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    05-21-13 12:07 PM
    BlackBerry has never bothered to get the maps going for India. It's been years since BlackBerry is in India and they have not bothered to get it working for India. Although I am a big BlackBerry fan, it is really disappointing to think that BlackBerry would expect to charge a premium for their smartphones in India (Z10 costs around US$850)and yet not provide customers with all the services here. The video services are also not available on BlackBerry World for Indian consumers. Is there any work around to get BB maps working in India?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure when they'll begin supporting Maps in India. I'm gonna check around and see if I can find an answer, or get the attention of someone who does.
    06-01-13 10:26 PM
    Hey that will be great. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 11:35 AM
    That's one of my pet peeves with BlackBerry as well.. i have been a loyal BlackBerry user ever since they have been in india and I simply can't understand why they don't have BlackBerry maps for India.. this is despite the fact that the Indian market is considered an important one by RIM..

BlackBerry maps are available in Thailand and Indonesia for god's sake.. Why not india?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 01:41 PM
    BlackBerry maps don't work in India. They have tied up with Mapmyindia for gps navigation in India and it is a super application with offline navigation. Plus the application is free for BlackBerry OS10, provided you bought your handset from an Indian retailer and was not originally locked.

So go ahead and download Mapmyindia and you will be surprised at what BlackBerry got for India..

Posted via CB10
    cjterminator likes this.
    06-02-13 02:30 PM
    Hey..

I am using MapmyIndia navigator on my Z10 but I don't find it too user friendly. I mean it's not bad.. but still nothing like BlackBerry maps or even better like Google maps..

And the point of this post is the why hasn't BlackBerry thought of providing BlackBerry maps for India despite India being a important current and future market for them.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 09:22 PM
    Can't understand why people who bought their phones from outside India can not install the Map My India application. I bought my Z10 from a blackberry authorised retailer in Dubai. Doesn't the money I paid go to BlackBerry?? On top of it, Mapmyindia doesn't even sell the application on BlackBerry World and there is no Google maps!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 08:37 AM
    You can download the Mireo Don't Panic GPS turn by turn navigation app from BlackBerry World. Its the same as MapmyIndia.. only thing is that you have to purchase the India premium maps..

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 02:42 PM
    Guys check trick to get Google maps installed on my Z10 it works much better than mapmyindia.

Dolphinsb
    06-04-13 02:47 PM
    Guys check trick to get Google maps installed on my Z10 it works much better than mapmyindia.

Dolphinsb
    Sideloaded Google maps do work on z10 but it's very unstable and buggy.. can't bank on it to take me to my destination in my hour of need.. Map my India it will be till some other solution comes up..

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 02:50 PM
    Blackberry announced at the launch of Z30 that BB maps will "soon" support India.
    atlac and Anadi Athaley like this.
    11-03-13 10:34 PM
    Blackberry announced at the launch of Z30 that BB maps will "soon" support India.
    That will be great if they do but "soon" is very open ended... I love my Z10 and it is the best phone I have used but BlackBerry is known not to keep its promises. Till then Map my India is pretty decent.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 12:21 AM
    Can't understand why people who bought their phones from outside India can not install the Map My India application. I bought my Z10 from a blackberry authorised retailer in Dubai. Doesn't the money I paid go to BlackBerry?? On top of it, Mapmyindia doesn't even sell the application on BlackBerry World and there is no Google maps!!!

Posted via CB10
    What is the location you have selected on your phone? If you have chosen Dubai, Map my India might not be available to you on BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 12:23 AM
    I really really want to know, why Mapmyindia is not available for Z30?????? It is available for Q10 and Z10. Why not Z30 ? In India!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 07:31 AM
    Anyone have any update about BlackBerry Map for India

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:21 AM
    there are streets in india?!? ^^

jk. i'm half indian

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:53 AM

jk. i'm half indian

Posted via CB10
    What you mean by streets?

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 06:50 AM

jk. i'm half indian

Posted via CB10
    Don't even try typing something so stupid again.

It's terrible that BlackBerry Maps still doesn't support India. Mapmyindia is terrible and isn't even integrated in the OS. It's not an alternative.

A map app is an integral part of a smartphone. This is one oversight which is unacceptable.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India :- C004A271F
    12-25-13 01:39 AM
    Why haven't you seen roads/streets where u stay? Lol..
    Such comments not appreciated..

Typed with Thumbs on my Z30.
    12-25-13 10:12 AM
    I tried to use map my India, it's waste of data. I doesn't show exact location. What is Google maps version working properly for z10.. I mean with navigation. Or else is there any other alternative way for navigation using z10.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 05:18 AM
    I tried to use map my India, it's waste of data. I doesn't show exact location. What is Google maps version working properly for z10.. I mean with navigation. Or else is there any other alternative way for navigation using z10.

Posted via CB10
    Google maps is working on the latest leak. My preference is bb maps, but i know many that are satisfied with it on other platforms. Also i have tried waze on my s4 and it is ok as well, you can get it for the z10. I can't say if waze works in India. Bb maps in my opinion is still the best for turn by turn directions and traffic information in one location. Hopefully by bb maps will get an update for the rest of the world, i agree that a prosumer device requires a world wide integrated map app.

Z10, 10.2.1.1925
    12-29-13 05:30 AM
    how upset people get when I post sth about indian streets. jee, come down; it was a j.o.k.e.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 05:41 AM
    Any idea when this soon arrives? Have you heard anything from BlackBerry?
    05-04-14 04:47 AM