But, but, but..... I still see them....
    If all works out well these apps will soon be dead and gone.
    Smiley88 and bb10_fan like this.
    05-04-14 09:51 PM
    Easy. Get a system in place where you create duplicate accounts buying your own product using the same PayPal account. If you do this 100 times at $0.99 than that's not even $100/�75. It gets your cheap crap on the Top List and you probably will make 10 fold from gullible customers.

I see this SmartAps and TPSoft developer do the samething. If you read their app reviews they have the exact same users reviewing all their apps with 5 stars. Funny how BB let this crap go on.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 10:23 PM
    Why would anyone ever tolerate that kind of garbage? And why isn't BlackBerry liable for the money lost to these liars and frauds?
    05-04-14 11:03 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what do these apps do? Besides vacuum money out of your pocket.
    They allow BlackBerry to say things like "LOOK HOW MANY APPS WE HAVE NOW!"

And,...."BlackBerry devs make more money than devs for any other platform."

They're complicit.
    05-04-14 11:06 PM
    Why would anyone ever tolerate that kind of garbage? And why isn't BlackBerry liable for the money lost to these liars and frauds?
    People are still liable for not reading. There's a reason I didn't buy it when I saw it

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    05-04-14 11:19 PM
    People are still liable for not reading. There's a reason I didn't buy it when I saw it

Oh I agree. It's just embarrassing what blackberry will allow in their "store" in the name of inflating their app - count.

But if a person is willing to settle for that kind of experience in the first place, the I shouldn't really be surprised that they can be so easily had.

(No offense to anyone.)

But in the case of a person's kid buying these "apps", there's still a very real liability on BBRY's part. Moreover, they're motivation for allowing them in in the first place has been noted.

If you can't get your refund, sue them. That's what the courts are for.
    05-04-14 11:27 PM
    Perhaps they took it to heart when they first tried releasing BBM for Android on Google Play only to see users confused by the endless fakes popping up by the minute ...
    bb10_fan, spikesolie and eldricho like this.
    05-05-14 12:56 AM
    What about those who were tricked and bought that sh*t?
    I would say they should simply ask for a refund. It is simple and I used it myself 2 times because I paid for a simple Android port instead of a native App:
    https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en

Sure, this works only in the first few minutes, but I'm sure you can see really fast if you was fooled or not.

And for the guy who is crying because his kid spent 5$ at BlackBerry World: How is it possible that your kid knows the password of your BlackBerry ID account?

It doesn't ask without a reason for the password before a payment is made. You would have the same issues at Apple Store, Google Play, Amazon or eBay!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 03:21 AM

I find the fact that it's an "app for xxx" instead of "xxx" itself a BIG, blinking, red, with marquee warning.

The best part is that those apps actually show an RSS Feed. The description is incredibly deceptive, but somehow they didn't bother deceiving via screenshot

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-06-14 04:06 AM
    Android ports if is free on play store should be free on BlackBerry world.

But for good BB10 native apps like snap2chat, whine and igrann I dont mind paying at all.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    05-06-14 07:34 AM
    Actually, not only did they eff up BlackBerry World but I see even more of these disgusting fake apps.
    05-06-14 10:09 AM
    I find the fact that it's an "app for xxx" instead of "xxx" itself a BIG, blinking, red, with marquee warning.

The best part is that those apps actually show an RSS Feed. The description is incredibly deceptive, but somehow they didn't bother deceiving via screenshot

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    That's what I'm saying, just looking at the pictures give it away. As much as I hate apps like that, it looks nothing like the app they are supposed for be copying

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    05-06-14 10:12 AM
    BlackBerry can certainly clean up its apps and promote itself as the 'no garbage apps' platform. I can't understand why they are racing Android to the bottom in the fake apps category - they can't possibly win. I hope this apparent cleanup leads to a real cleanup, with the fake apps permanently gone and new apps approved before being released.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 11:30 AM
    I still have the top app sections, but I do notice that the "App for xxx" is much visible. Good. Now they just need to delete them all.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 03:49 PM
    BlackBerry listened and cleaned up app world. No more "App for xxxxxx"-img_20140506_130940.png

In newly submitted

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 05:25 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140506_130940.png 
Views:	735 
Size:	241.0 KB 
ID:	268241

In newly submitted

Posted via CB10
    could be the same developer just a different company name.

I even saw a new app with "Info for xxx" instead of "Apps for xxx". Same crap.
    05-06-14 05:47 PM
    Ugh! They didn't fix it. The top paid section is back and so are the App for xxxxxx!

BlackBerry listened and cleaned up app world. No more "App for xxxxxx"-img_20140506_191241.png
    danielholding likes this.
    05-06-14 06:13 PM
    Ugh! They didn't fix it. The top paid section is back and so are the App for xxxxxx!
    Which country? I still do not see the Top Free and Paid in North America.
    05-06-14 07:15 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140506_191241.png 
Views:	773 
Size:	260.2 KB 
ID:	268252
    App for instagram isn't actually a fake, it's a client where you can share pics, and videos.
    There are also good reviews on it.

Posted via CB10
    danielholding likes this.
    05-07-14 05:31 AM
    05-07-14 06:39 AM

It's not really fair to blame the victim in all these cases. There is CLEAR fraud in a lot of those apps, they are designed to lure people who don't know better. (And MOST people are not experienced hobbyists/experts like you and I are.)

YOU know and *I* know that "app for XXXX" oftentimes means a fake app - but LOTS of less experienced people do not know this. Especially since the descriptions are often very sneaky and misleading too.

Personally I think it's pretty blatantly obvious that BlackBerry knows that this dicey nonsense is going on - but their priority is to make the store look "as large as possible". Virtually ALL the mobile app stores grind this same axe. If this were NOT the case, they would all have halfway decent search engines and much narrower categories. But NONE of them do. They obviously want people to wallow around in a sea of stuff, making them think that the selection is "endless". It's like the retail stores designed specifically to prevent clear sight-lines so you cannot see what the limits of the space and merchandise are. Same exact concept.

App for instagram isn't actually a fake, it's a client where you can share pics, and videos.
    There are also good reviews on it.

Glad you mentioned reviews. Because that's a huge pile of steaming fraudulent excrement as well.

In short: having what looks like "good reviews" doesn't mean a heck of a lot in BlackBerry World. Because the management makes it trivial for developers to kill negative reviews. The majority of negative reviews I've written (ie less than 3 stars) have been removed or blocked by the developer. No matter how well-written, supported, polite, etc. This is something that people have brought up here again and again.

BlackBerry World needs some serious reform.
    05-07-14 08:29 AM
    Easy. Get a system in place where you create duplicate accounts buying your own product using the same PayPal account. If you do this 100 times at $0.99 than that's not even $100/�75. It gets your cheap crap on the Top List and you probably will make 10 fold from gullible customers.

There are undoubtedly developers who do this, and not just in BBW. There has been much talk about vendors in various mobile app stores which solicit money to vote up apps - the term is "shill". There's probably still a fair amount of shill bidding that goes on on ebay too.
    05-07-14 08:32 AM
    Oh my! I still see them!!!!!! LOL.
    Too funny.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 10:18 AM
    Let's change the title to : Blackberry Didn't listen.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech, bb10_fan and MADBRADNYC like this.
    05-07-14 11:27 AM
    See them too
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-07-14 03:34 PM
115 12345