Woah that's completely on you. The flix app was developed by a developer that is on cb I think. He was upfront about what the app does and you or your kids not reading the descriptions should own up to your mistakes

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    Lol I will never understand why people don't read the whole description of the app. I mean, u can also look at the pics provided of the app and reviews as well lol. It's hard to feel sorry for some people. Same goes for these "App For xxxx" apps lol

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 06:34 PM
    Waterloo Canada still here

BlackBerry listened and cleaned up app world. No more "App for xxxxxx"-img_20140503_200934.png

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 07:11 PM
    That's awesome, now can I get my 4.99$ refund for my kids purchase of the deceiving "Flix" application on the Playbook? The icon and color looked exactly like "Netfilx", boy were we mistaken! What a way to begin our Playbook experience. A complete fraud.....
    flix is a real app, read the description next time. It's nice knowing how to read...

don't feel sorry for you at all
    milo53 likes this.
    05-03-14 07:13 PM
    Lol I will never understand why people don't read the whole description of the app. I mean, u can also look at the pics provided of the app and reviews as well lol. It's hard to feel sorry for some people. Same goes for these "App For xxxx" apps lol

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I've seen those app for snapchat and such before but reading the first line alone is clue that it's not what it does. People are just silly these days.

05-03-14 09:33 PM
    Just out of curiosity, what do these apps do? Besides vacuum money out of your pocket.
    milo53 likes this.
    05-04-14 08:38 AM
    Their description always has something along the lines of "News/Info about [x] service", or "Best/Top entries from [x]", and the screenshots show as a dime-a-dozen RSS layout.
    So I guess that is what they do, show some (unrelated?) feed entries.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    05-04-14 09:27 AM
    Very happy to hear this. I find discovery in BBWorld to be quite frustrating - this is a step in the right direction.
    05-04-14 09:30 AM
    Just out of curiosity, what do these apps do? Besides vacuum money out of your pocket.
    They just aren't functional

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 11:56 AM
    flix is a real app, read the description next time. It's nice knowing how to read...

don't feel sorry for you at all
    Maybe if you read the post, my kid, who was 13 at the time thought it was the Netflix app. He actually made the purchase and then was confused.
    05-04-14 12:15 PM
    I do not completely disagree with you, younger/non-tech people may be too quick to judge apps by their name/icon and that can lead to unintended purchases.
    However for Flix the description has always clearly stated it is not a standalone Netflix client. The apps we are complaining about here try to be deceptive on purpose.
    Maybe if you read the post, my kid, who was 13 at the time thought it was the Netflix app. He actually made the purchase and then was confused.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    05-04-14 12:45 PM
    I don't understand what they have done to blackberry world

Hopefully this is a transitional stage right now?

Why would they take out the top paid and top grossing sections? And they have a whole section for sporting apps, like that's so important.. sure have a sports section, but it needs more categories and the top paid section should come back

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 12:52 PM
    Blame the kid then. The description is clear as daylight. If you give your kid access to your store information then he'll buy wtvr he wants. There was no trickery on the developers part.

05-04-14 01:14 PM
    They definitely have cleaned up. I mean its still there but harder to find.

Im pleasantly surprised. Well done BlackBerry.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    05-04-14 01:16 PM
    I don't understand what they have done to blackberry world

Hopefully this is a transitional stage right now?

Why would they take out the top paid and top grossing sections? And they have a whole section for sporting apps, like that's so important.. sure have a sports section, but it needs more categories and the top paid section should come back

Posted via CB10
    I'm hoping they're just going through a housecleaning process right now. I miss all of the "Top..." lists... that's where I often find my favorite apps.

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    05-04-14 02:01 PM
    This is why Blackberry is so awesome: they listen to the customers!!
    Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    05-04-14 03:02 PM
    This is why Blackberry is so awesome: they listen to the customers!!
    Ya and we're still stuck with screens that have a resolution compared to an CRT screen.
    05-04-14 04:34 PM
    Ya and we're still stuck with screens that have a resolution compared to an CRT screen.
    I'm sure a software update will fix that soon

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    05-04-14 04:38 PM
    What about those who were tricked and bought that sh*t?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 04:40 PM
    What about those who were tricked and bought that sh*t?

Posted via CB10
    You learnt an invaluable lesson, you're welcome

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    spikesolie, bb10_fan and jevinzac like this.
    05-04-14 04:43 PM
    Let's hope the fix lasts for a while, and that some other type of scam app doesn't take its place. Good job Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 05:08 PM
    Btw nothing changed

BlackBerry listened and cleaned up app world. No more "App for xxxxxx"-img_20140504_234137.png

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 06:12 PM
    Btw nothing changed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140504_234137.png 
Views:	884 
Size:	247.2 KB 
ID:	267790

Posted via CB10
    Those apps are still here but hidden from the page screen on BBWorld.

It appears that BB had disabled the Top Paid and Top Gross pages. That is where all those crap apps show up. I still can't understand how they show up on the Top Paid list.

Are people actually buying those crap?
    05-04-14 06:29 PM
    I still can't understand how they show up on the Top Paid list.

Are people actually buying those crap?
    Easy. Get a system in place where you create duplicate accounts buying your own product using the same PayPal account. If you do this 100 times at $0.99 than that's not even $100/�75. It gets your cheap crap on the Top List and you probably will make 10 fold from gullible customers.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    05-04-14 07:14 PM
    I'm certain with Apple you only have the one debit/credit card affiliated to their system but with BlackBerry there is nothing to stop anyone using the same PayPal account. So for example I could give any of you my PayPal details to buy any purchase you like with your phone. All you have to do is change my account linked with your BBID.

Maybe I am wrong but I think that's how these scammers do it.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 07:17 PM
    I'm sure that it will all get cleared up but at least they are doing something about it. I also think if people report the developers who are pumping these apps out so that other people don't get hosed! A bad dev watch list is what we need to put together!
    05-04-14 09:44 PM
115 1234 ...