I recently purchased a 2014 Mercedes. I was very disappointed that the Mercedes app only works with Iphone and Android. Seeing how blackberry sponsors Mercedes AMG racing, why in the world would they not support Blackberry 10. Does anyone know if MB will be supporting BlackBerry 10 in the near future?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 11:29 AM
    YAH!

Z10
    07-28-14 11:38 AM
    I recently purchased a 2014 Mercedes. I was very disappointed that the Mercedes app only works with Iphone and Android. Seeing how blackberry sponsors Mercedes AMG racing, why in the world would they not support Blackberry 10. Does anyone know if MB will be supporting BlackBerry 10 in the near future?

Posted via CB10
    Are you aware that BlackBerry 10 is able to run the majority of Android applications?

Because of that I'm sure they aren't too worried - though a Native experience is warranted given their relationship.

I also noticed this was posted in the BlackBerry OS forums instead of BlackBerry 10. I assume you are trying to get the App on your Z10?
    Fixed - Just_luc

I don't think anyone here will be able to answer your question of "will Mercedes be supporting BlackBerry 10 in the near future" - the best way to get that answer would be to reach out to BlackBerry / MB.]

In the meantime, I would recommend installing the Android version on your BlackBerry 10 device and see if it works.
    Last edited by just_luc; 07-28-14 at 11:53 AM. Reason: answered call to move thread
    07-28-14 11:38 AM
    Are you aware that BlackBerry 10 is able to run the majority of Android applications?

Because of that I'm sure they aren't too worried - though a Native experience is warranted given their relationship.

I also noticed this was posted in the BlackBerry OS forums instead of BlackBerry 10. I assume you are trying to get the App on your Z10?

I don't think anyone here will be able to answer your question of "will Mercedes be supporting BlackBerry 10 in the near future" - the best way to get that answer would be to reach out to BlackBerry / MB.]

In the meantime, I would recommend installing the Android version on your BlackBerry 10 device and see if it works.
    Last year it didn't work, but there have been improvements in the Runtimes Bluetooth API integration...... let us know if you get it to work.

Yes you would think that a partnership with Mercedes would mean that the two companies will work together in all things. But with large companies like Mercedes and IBM - what one division does, doesn't affect the rest of the company.
    07-28-14 11:46 AM
    Yes I am aware that most Android apps work on bb10 but come on why should we have to go through all that to get the app. I'm talking about an BlackBerry app period. To be honest blackberry is not moving fast enough to get must have apps and I am not talking about feel good apps. I might have to just make the switch to I phone.

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    07-28-14 11:23 PM
    You should be speaking with Mercedes about it!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-28-14 11:40 PM
    Yes I am aware that most Android apps work on bb10 but come on why should we have to go through all that to get the app. I'm talking about an BlackBerry app period. To be honest blackberry is not moving fast enough to get must have apps and I am not talking about feel good apps. I might have to just make the switch to I phone.

Posted via CB10
    Developer support. BlackBerry cannot pull them... in the future they might because of a bigger install base. this what we have to deal with.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-28-14 11:42 PM