For about a year i have been using Blend flawlessly on my classic, but now discovery does not work ( on wifi or LTE). If I plug in the usb cable it does work which means its a network issue. I spoke to out network administrator to see if the ports to communicate with the blackberry servers were recently blocked, the answer was no.

I know that OS10 is dead, I know that Blend is no longer supported. But I loved Blend ! If it really is dead it will be a sad sad day. I can use the usb cable as a work around but this is just so much less elegant than using the wireless network. There was something great about coming in, throwing my classic on the tylt wireless charger and getting all notifications to my PC.

I have tried most of the "fixes" that appear on the internet to no avail. If someone has other suggestions I'd be super appreciative.

I'm running 10.3.2.556 with the latest version of blend and until last week it worked great.

Thanks in advance
    08-21-17 07:55 AM
    For about a year i have been using Blend flawlessly on my classic, but now discovery does not work ( on wifi or LTE). If I plug in the usb cable it does work which means its a network issue. I spoke to out network administrator to see if the ports to communicate with the blackberry servers were recently blocked, the answer was no.

I know that OS10 is dead, I know that Blend is no longer supported. But I loved Blend ! If it really is dead it will be a sad sad day. I can use the usb cable as a work around but this is just so much less elegant than using the wireless network. There was something great about coming in, throwing my classic on the tylt wireless charger and getting all notifications to my PC.

I have tried most of the "fixes" that appear on the internet to no avail. If someone has other suggestions I'd be super appreciative.

I'm running 10.3.2.556 with the latest version of blend and until last week it worked great.

Thanks in advance
    Totally feel your pain. I would add BlackBerry Blend to your firewall rules (or turn off firewall temporarily for testing).

Windows continues to be updated and one of those updates may have broke something. Since Blend isn't being supported any longer, there won't be any fixes. I envy you that you kept it going this long though! I was so happy with BlackBerry Blend!

Disappointed that it wasn't continued even with the new devices. Using Vysor for Android, but it isn't the same. Still, if you can install from the PlayStore on your BB10 device (not sure if it was on the Amazon store), you could try Vysor or something similar for a near experience, maybe.
    08-21-17 08:19 AM
    Yeah that is what I thought as well. The firewall is being maintained by the network administrator and I asked them specifically if there were any changes that were implemented when blend went south, they said no.

I also considered the windows update breaks blend which is why I posted here. I know not everyone is judicious about applying windows updates but I suspected that if it were a windows update there might be some other people in the same boat with whom I could commiserate.

in the stages of grief, i am a long way from acceptance !

Oh Blend we harldly knew thee! ( not true I've used it for years!)
    08-21-17 08:29 AM
    I have had some success with closing all processes that are related to blackberry or RIM device manager.. then trying again.
    08-21-17 08:48 AM
    You might need a software update. Its working fine here.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 12:57 PM
    I posted on another thread but from what I can tell it will only work now with a direct USB connection or Wifi from the same network. Blend used to work as long as it was connected to internet but doesn't look like it anymore. Blend is one of the biggest reasons why I'm still using my z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-17 11:53 AM
    This is exactly the same symptoms I am having. the direct usb connection is an ok workaround but not nearly as good.

I think my desktop is hard wired, I will switch to wireless and see if it works on the same network.
    08-25-17 07:43 AM
    Blend and Link work on my Passport

Posted via CB10
    08-28-17 12:08 PM