In Appworld there is a prominent advert (on the front page of Appworld) given to a 'Duolingo' app.

This is made by a third party, not by Duolingo. It costs �1.50 and is simply a wrapper around the Duolingo website, which is free to use and can be accessed via the browser.

The official Duolingo app is FREE and available from Snap / Cobalt / Amazon Appstore.

So not only are BlackBerry allowing scams but they are advertising them as well?
    11-10-16 08:02 AM
    That's a shame. Honestly, Duolingo is not currently featured where I am (Canada), but it doesn't surprise me they do feature it.

Those kind of apps are very misleading and they're almost fraudulent, taking money just to point you to a website.

This reminds me a thread I started a few months back, when Skype decided to abandon their BlackBerry app (it was a ported app anyway), BlackBerry decided to make a banner in BlackBerry World Carousel about it... Wow, good move promoting companies that abandon us.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1045770

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 08:48 AM
    Well, it's now or never to make money on BlackBerry world, just find any website that makes any website based apps of android to convert it to apk, and you are developer. So sad

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 05:54 PM