*** EDIT ***
    Thanks to all, I have enough beta testers for now.
    *** EDIT ***

Hi CB nation!

My name is Roger Leblanc but most BlackBerry 10 users might know me as CellNinja.

I'm looking for lovely BlackBerry 10 users who wouls like to test a new (free) app that will come out soon, if you're interested, please send me your BBID email address and BBM pin to roger (at) rogerleblanc (dot) net and I'll add you to a private BBM group for testers. Beta Zone developer portal is down for quite a few months now, I can't publish any new app there, you'll be given instructions on how to download the app straight from BlackBerry World instead.

The app is related to spreading love to all BlackBerry 10 users for Valentine's day. Will only take less than 2 minutes of your time and might bring some joy in your heart as a bonus.

Every beta testers will receive a free copy of ALL my paid apps.

Requirements :
    Any BlackBerry 10 devices with OS 10.3.1 and up
    Last edited by RodgerLeblanc; 01-22-17 at 06:36 PM.
    01-21-17 10:36 PM
    I'm sorry if I'm wrong here but this sounds like a data mining scam. Why would you not just use the beta zone since that's what it's for... from what I know.

Again, if you're legit, then I'm sorry but this sounds a little funny on its face.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 11:18 PM
    I'm sorry if I'm wrong here but this sounds like a data mining scam. Why would you not just use the beta zone since that's what it's for... from what I know.

Again, if you're legit, then I'm sorry but this sounds a little funny on its face.

Posted via CB10
    He is a legit dev and he is correct beta zone is dead zone more likely..

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 11:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi!

I know, Beta Zone is so much easier for everyone, but haven't you noticed that there was no new apps there or even no updates for existing beta apps for the past 6 months? That's because the website that developers needs to go to update/post beta apps is down for such time.

Someone at BlackBerry has recently escalated this, but seriously I don't think it will get fixed. More info here :
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...r/td-p/3206469

The only two alternatives are :
    1) Sandbox (need BBID email address to whitelist you)
    2) Sending bar file and asking users to sideload

I think number 2 is beyond what many users are willing to do in order to test an app, and if someone never sideloaded an app before, it's a nightmare to try to explain it by email. Sandbox method is what most of us used when Beta Zone was limited to BlackBerry Elites developers, it works great but I need to get your BBID email address (not your password). The BBM pin is for getting an invite to the BBM group where everything related to that app will be discussed.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 11:26 PM
    Email sent will help testing

Posted via CB10
    01-21-17 11:27 PM
    Email also sent
    01-21-17 11:52 PM
    What does the app do?
    01-22-17 03:50 AM
    I'll gladly do the testing for you

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 04:57 AM
    Sent the email.
    01-22-17 08:56 AM
    Thanks to all, I have enough beta testers now. I will not accept new ones.
    01-22-17 06:35 PM
    While I understand your skepticism, Roger is one of the best known and most respected BlackBerry 10 developers, and one of the very few still left building high quality Native apps. As the owner of arsMOBILIS, I'm one of the other ones and I know Roger well.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 07:26 PM
    Count me please I would like to join your project

Posted via CB10
    01-22-17 07:57 PM
    Closed as Rodger is no longer accepting additions. Rodger, let a mod know if you wish to reopen it.
    01-23-17 11:37 AM