Check out BitTorque in the official BitTorque forum thread!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-thread-975558

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Last edited by Easy-G; 11-12-14 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Request from app developer in light of new distribution!
    02-15-13 03:45 PM
    just downloaded this app and tried it out with a torrent from isohunt. the app works great and is a native bb10 app.
    02-15-13 04:54 PM
    Awesome! I don't own a BB10 device, yet, but it's good to see one. Let's hope it doesn't get pulled from the store like PlayTorrent did with the PlayBook,
    02-15-13 05:02 PM
    Wow, app looks nicely build too. Here are some screenshots:

sf49ers likes this.
    02-15-13 05:33 PM
    Nice! I always thought smartphone torrent clients were dumb but I just bought this because I just upgraded my sd card and it might be nice to have the option sometime.

I hope the private trackers I use allow the use of this client!

02-15-13 08:34 PM
    Downloading a 2 GB movie now, speeds are comparable to my desktop download speeds on my Fibre Internet. If you want a torrent client in your phone, this native BB10 app is worth every penny.

02-15-13 09:59 PM
    Downloading a 2 GB movie now, speeds are comparable to my desktop download speeds on my Fibre Internet. If you want a torrent client in your phone, this native BB10 app is worth every penny.

I'm going to try another one tomorrow, but the one I tested was slow and around the 30-60kb/sec mark (I normally download around 3.0mb/sec). And just to clarify, they're private trackers where I can expect to get the fullest out of my bandwidth.

I really hope the developer would consider the "choose which files to download" prompt prior to it starting the download. It's a bit of a deal breaker if I were to use a torrent client on my phone from time to time.
    02-15-13 11:10 PM
    Hello there,

Just noticed this conversation while looking for internet activity about our new app (BitTorque) and was pleased to see that you like it for the most part! Wanted to chime in on a few points raised here.

We've implemented a basic but stable feature set so that we can all have a usable native torrent client for BB10. There are a few planned features on our to do list as noted in the desctiption of the app.

Downloading to the SD card is currently not possible but it's a planned feature. The device we used for development was a Dev Alpha which has no SD card slot so we decided not to release something we have no way to test. Releasing untested code is always a bad idea. We are currently waiting for our Z10 (red) replacement for the Dev Alpha and once it arrives, we will fully implement saving to SD card and release it.

Not sure where we technologically stand on downloading particular files of a torrent. I think the engine supports it - we are using Transmission, so I think we could implement it. However it's dependent on the ability to view torrent's contents, which isn't possible now. So that will likely come first.

That said, the next few features you'll see are:
    - Totals (ETA/speed/etc. depending on display space) on the active frame when minimized.
    - Notifications when torrents complete downloading.
    - More accurate sliders for setting upload/download speeds.

Oh and if you have any issues - use the support email - [email protected] and my partner or I will try to resolve it.

Thanks for buying us a coffee!
    Nicolay
    sf49ers, tryfe, 416to604 and 7 others like this.
    02-16-13 10:31 AM
    Cool!! I hope this makes its way to the Playbook eventually as well. Using aTorrent now and it is OK.
    02-16-13 11:22 AM
    The PlayBook will eventually get BB10 and BitTorque with it. :-)

By the way we would really appreciate it if you could rate BitTorque on BBW*, after trying it. We want to thank @joski and the rest who already did!

*That abbreviation won't stop giving me the lols.

Thank you,
    Nicolay
    Last edited by Nicolay Doytchev; 02-16-13 at 12:15 PM.
    02-16-13 11:54 AM
    fyi! the app is $2.99 in BBworld. Looks great!
    Nicolay Doytchev likes this.
    02-16-13 12:02 PM
    Nicolay, thanks a lot for chiming in - I'm glad to see how willing you are to support the app and cater to our input. I feel even better now spending $3 on your app!
    02-16-13 12:58 PM
    I just bought it. Well worth the 3 dollars. Was using aTorrent, the speed would die when you had it running in the background. However. With BitTorque speed remains unchanged and everything is very fluid and smooth.

02-16-13 06:44 PM
    And here's the pretty active frame that I just finished working on today. Part of the next update:

I know, I know, it says "1 minutes". Will be fixed.
    tryfe, Easy-G, dietertong and 3 others like this.
    02-16-13 07:04 PM
    Downloaded it just now.

It works great

Thanks for a great, well performing app.

Downloaded a podcast of about 155mb in roughly 3 minutes. All the while it was in background.

02-16-13 07:48 PM
    Wow, this app is working great. I'm really surprised at the download speed. It downloads as fast as my laptop. I currently have 2 torrents downloading at around 1.2mb/s each. Fantastic!

02-16-13 08:21 PM
    The PlayBook will eventually get BB10 and BitTorque with it. :-)

By the way we would really appreciate it if you could rate BitTorque on BBW*, after trying it. We want to thank @joski and the rest who already did!

*That abbreviation won't stop giving me the lols.

Thank you,
    Nicolay
    That's good to know. Looking forward to seeing in on the PB and when I eventually get my Z10. I will be sure to rate it as well. Thanks for participating in the forums and answering our questions.
    02-16-13 08:37 PM
    Downloaded - works great, thank you!

Keep the good apps coming!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by JasonGallagher; 02-01-14 at 11:42 PM.
    02-17-13 08:11 AM
    And here's the pretty active frame that I just finished working on today. Part of the next update:

http://i.imgur.com/WMRistD.jpg

Love the look of the active frame Great way to keep an eye on progress without jumping back into the app.

02-17-13 08:13 AM

http://i.imgur.com/WMRistD.jpg

How are you enjoying the traditional formfactor with BlackBerry 10? Does the keyboard and/or smaller screen impair your ability to use the gestures effectively?

Your app looks great and I'll be grabbing it when I get my Q10. I've been browsing BlackBerry World and the number of poorly ported and App Generator apps is pretty disappointing. I appreciate your commitment and investment on the platform.
    02-17-13 01:51 PM
    Just downloaded this app..
    WOW!!

Is there a list of what types of files play on the Z10 somewhere?

Just got house of cards in under 2 mins in HD and out it straight on my 50inch and it worked flawlessly.

How many iPhone users can do that?

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 03:33 PM
    People should probably chill with their references to illegal file sharing. Don't forget there are many legitimate applications of torrents and your dialogue might compromise that, and by extension this application, for the rest of us.
    tryfe and Eric Shapiro like this.
    02-17-13 05:20 PM
    Understood, but I have this already from Netflix so I can't see the harm.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 07:04 PM
    Very happy after purchasing this, worked great! Worth the price, other features would be icing on the cake. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 09:06 PM
    Also bought this app. Great app for the price, but for some reason it won't let me review it in BlackBerry World. Anyone else have this issue? Also, when I start up a new torrent it tends to stay on the "I'm doing something important right now" screen for a long while, not sure why. Can't wait for more features like SD support and that active frame looks great too.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 12:42 AM
156 123 ...