Vertor. Com silly z10 spelling correction

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 03:44 PM
    I just tweeted Mr Saunders also. Hopefully if more ppl do we can get this back
    I was ready to buy it the other day but had to run out. Forgot about it and the next day when I checked it was gone..
    02-22-13 08:07 AM
    Been following this. I was also hoping to make a few dollars while learning Cascades development. I figured a Torrent client would be complex enough to be a good first project. I never thought an app like this would be rejected.
    02-22-13 08:26 AM
    Any word on whether the developer will provide a direct download from their own website?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 02:27 PM
    Any word on whether the developer will provide a direct download from their own website?

Posted via CB10
    Torrentberry: Torrent client for BlackBerry 10 | Indiegogo
    02-23-13 02:47 PM
    The link on the page is dead, do you have the .bar file you can share with us?
    02-23-13 02:57 PM
    the link is not working

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-23-13 03:06 PM
    the link is not working

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    The link is working. It takes you to a site where the author of the app says it will not be allowed back into BB World because of privacy concerns but will release it for free once he has reached a donation goal of $3000.
    02-23-13 03:11 PM
    I didn't really post it for the download link, but more to just let people know. I have BitTorque and Torrentberry looks a lot better and has features I was looking for. I donated because, well, I know people would pay to have it!
    02-23-13 03:31 PM
    The link looks to be secured perhaps, maybe if you donate the owner sends you a copy? I have contributed despite having BitTorque, hoping the owner sends me a copy of TorrentBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 04:25 PM
    Cool thanks. I checked it out and donated. See how that goes.
    02-23-13 08:23 PM
    Hey everyone, I updated the Download link at indiegogo and appreciate all your support. It is a BETA but welcome any bug reports. I hope to be able to dedicate some more time on it.
    Last edited by darkphoenix16; 02-24-13 at 10:11 AM.
    02-24-13 09:37 AM
    Hey everyone, I'm currently waiting on hearing how I can make a thread about Torrentberry and the indiegogo page without violating a "leaching" rule. My previous thread was deleted. I updated the Download link at indiegogo and appreciate all your support, but I think the authors of BitTorque would appreciate keeping discussion of Torrentberry out of their thread.
    Sorry - I thought it was the same app just renamed for some reason! Hopefully you find a way to get the word out there on this because there certainly is demand for it, despite the BlackBerry World rules.
    02-24-13 10:11 AM
    How do you install the link? I have never seen a 7z file before.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 11:23 AM
    How do you install the link? I have never seen a 7z file before.

Posted via CB10
    7z is a compression type. Uncompress with WinRAR or a 7z application and the .bar file is inside.

It doesn't work though, it just crashes when you launch it. I've PM'd the developer about it already as well.
    02-24-13 11:50 AM
    Sorry - I thought it was the same app just renamed for some reason! Hopefully you find a way to get the word out there on this because there certainly is demand for it, despite the BlackBerry World rules.
    No problem! I edited my post when I realized that the developers didn't start this BitTorque thread. It isn't the same app, the two were developed concurrently and I stopped development when I noticed that BitTorque was rejected, which is unfair in my opinion.
    02-24-13 01:56 PM
    Why am I getting a network error message when u click on the link? Anyone else have this issue?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 01:59 PM
    Read the thread, it has been removed from BlackBerry world

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 02:20 PM

It doesn't work though, it just crashes when you launch it. I've PM'd the developer about it already as well.
    Having the same issue. I get the loading splash screen then it just closes. Hopefully it's a simple fix.
    02-24-13 02:45 PM
    Damn, why god why!! When it comes my turn to have fun and enjoy, I just was saying yes that is an app worth buying and stroke by that it is not available anymore

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 02:46 PM
    My bad... guess i was too lazy to read through 5 pages of comments.
    02-24-13 03:13 PM
    Any word yet I would love to get my hands on this app

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 05:16 PM
    I emailed Alec Saunders and I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. He expressed concerns over balancing the interests of their new media partners and piracy. He conceded that there were legitimate uses for BitTorrent and that the policies are reviewed regularly.
    02-25-13 02:43 AM
    I emailed Alec Saunders and I don't think it's going to happen any time soon. He expressed concerns over balancing the interests of their new media partners and piracy. He conceded that there were legitimate uses for BitTorrent and that the policies are reviewed regularly.
    I had never thought of that. I was just as upset as everyone else, but now I understand why they would remove torrent apps. It would be really bad if major labels stop allowing their content to be sold on BlackBerry world.
    02-25-13 03:55 AM
    I had never thought of that. I was just as upset as everyone else, but now I understand why they would remove torrent apps. It would be really bad if major labels stop allowing their content to be sold on BlackBerry world.
    I honestly think something like this can be available outside of BlackBerry World though.

If LocalBar was able to work, I think an app like this could work with in-app updates. Enough users would pay $5 for this app to cover a lot of the development and hosting costs, then the rest would be word of mouth or even using something like CrackBerry to market it.

Just my .02. I can respect BlackBerry with their decision, but a solid torrent app could remain underground yet super popular!

Posted via CB10
    kojisan likes this.
    02-25-13 01:05 PM
156 ... 23456 ...