For people coming here from the Blackberry World: we can't update apps anymore through it. The only way to get the newest version is through the links on this post

Update 2.9.1.0:

I hope you enjoy it!

Hi @Simo_Dax, I have added feature to Add, Edit & Update apps in BB Store. Hereafter you'll be able to publish apps and updates directly there using the form.

Your app is here : https://bbstore.now.sh/apps/ETiVk5ao3blvzfvOD3k0

Thanks
    03-25-21 03:22 AM
    wow i see that things are not going very well in this new version 2.9.1.0, but i can say that the previous version works perfectly on my Z30. and if it helps, there is an application called Twitpane with open API code that runs smoothly on BB and has a show of themes and vibrant colors and several options .. you can get this application to study it and create a Bird10 of the same quality. believe in your potential !!! (oh, and there’s another one that when he logs in he sends it to the browser called “Twidere”. you can study both and have a base. I think ..
    03-27-21 12:31 AM
    wow i see that things are not going very well in this new version
    Can you be more precise?
    03-27-21 05:16 AM
    I want to tell you to use these two apps that I mentioned as a basis for building an excellent Bird10. with several options, and even giving a new look to the app
    03-28-21 03:24 AM
    I want to tell you to use these two apps that I mentioned as a basis for building an excellent Bird10. with several options, and even giving a new look to the app
    Imma be honest. Had Bird10 been an Android or iOS app (like those two), maybe I would have considered to make it a more complete software and not just to offer the main features of Twitter.
    But you're basically suggesting to pour days (if not weeks) of work for an app that less than 200 people are using (yes, I see how many of you download the bar), not to mention (even though for me it's less important w.r.t the user base) that I would get basically close to 0 revenue for such work, not to mention that in a few months it will become dead code taking dust in my hard drive when rim shuts down the servers.

EDIT: Not to mention the weeks of work that already went into this app up to now

EDIT 2: don't misinterpret this post as an angry rant, I just wanted to explain why as much as I enjoy improving this app it is, from my point of view, an unfeasible path the one you suggested. If you have any other suggestion or specific bug to report don't be afraid to comment
    Last edited by Simo_Dax; 03-28-21 at 05:37 PM.
    03-28-21 06:10 AM
    Just chipped in Hope everyone moaning in this thread does too . It's a cup of bad coffee
    03-28-21 01:38 PM
    Bird10 is excellent and the dev is supportive and maintains the app nicely on a dying platform where there are little to no alternatives. Just be grateful there IS an option at all and consider donating to show your support.
    03-28-21 02:34 PM
    Just chipped in Hope everyone moaning in this thread does too . It's a cup of bad coffee
    Thank you so much, it means a lot
    anon(5597702) and D S10 like this.
    03-28-21 02:36 PM
    imagine .. i thought i was giving a tip to a beginner on the subject. but from what I see you’re an expert. I apologize in advance if I insulted you in any way!
    D S10 likes this.
    03-29-21 01:35 PM
    imagine .. i thought i was giving a tip to a beginner on the subject. but from what I see you’re an expert. I apologize in advance if I insulted you in any way!
    Just make a donation and everything good
    03-29-21 03:18 PM
    Just make a donation and everything good
    Because that's what real heros do
    D S10 likes this.
    03-30-21 04:58 AM
    No insult at all, it's fine
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-31-21 09:20 AM
    I have updated 2.7 to 2.10.0.0 on my Q10.
    In according to my request, issues of keyboard shortcuts have been fixed.
    Thank you very much for your rapid response and great job,Simo_Dax.
    I love your app. Thank you, again.
    04-02-21 11:53 PM
    It's asking for the decryption key
    04-03-21 08:15 AM
    It's asking for the decryption key[IMG=1440x1440]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210403/da2f982f01bea1efc7edd868b7e8ad51.jpg[/url]
    That's not the link I posted, a part of the url is missing in that screen
    04-03-21 08:44 AM
    It's asking for the decryption key[IMG=1440x1440]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210403/da2f982f01bea1efc7edd868b7e8ad51.jpg[/url]
    If you are copying and pasting the link, you need to make sure you're actually copying the link address and not the link text - as the text may be abbreviated.
    04-04-21 07:40 AM
    2.10 working well, thanks. For the "but": are you aware that you cannot add a video from within the app? The media picker won't show videos
    if you browse inside a photo folder (Album) that contains both photos and videos. To tweet a video you need to exit Bird10, open the
    File Explorer, find the video, and then use "Share". Not a big deal. But I thought I mention it.
    Thanks
    04-05-21 03:09 PM
    2.10 working well, thanks. For the "but": are you aware that you cannot add a video from within the app? The media picker won't show videos
    if you browse inside a photo folder (Album) that contains both photos and videos. To tweet a video you need to exit Bird10, open the
    File Explorer, find the video, and then use "Share". Not a big deal. But I thought I mention it.
    Thanks
    It's strange, on my device I've never had that issue. If you know the actual location of the video though, you can swipe left in the picker and browse to the file manually
    04-06-21 03:39 AM
    It's strange, on my device I've never had that issue. If you know the actual location of the video though, you can swipe left in the picker and browse to the file manually
    Odd, right? I restarted the device, and put a video in 3 different encodings/formats in 3 different folders.
    The native file manager 'sees' the clips, the native video player sees the clips and plays all 3. But Bird10
    doesn't. 1 copy of the video is in the default 'Downloads' folder together with 89 photos. In the File explorer
    that folder is correctly shown to contain 90 items. When I use Bird10 to navigate to that folder, it shows
    89 items. LOL It's not a big deal. I can 'Share' the videos from within the File Explorer with Bird10, and it uploads ok.
    Just odd. But then again: on some Android phones the official Twitter app can be very selective in what it shows and doesn't show in the photo picker. I had a Note 8 where I also had to tweet videos via the File Explorer because the Twitter app refused to
    show available videos.
    04-06-21 04:26 AM
    Odd, right? I restarted the device, and put a video in 3 different encodings/formats in 3 different folders.
    The native file manager 'sees' the clips, the native video player sees the clips and plays all 3. But Bird10
    doesn't. 1 copy of the video is in the default 'Downloads' folder together with 89 photos. In the File explorer
    that folder is correctly shown to contain 90 items. When I use Bird10 to navigate to that folder, it shows
    89 items. LOL It's not a big deal. I can 'Share' the videos from within the File Explorer with Bird10, and it uploads ok.
    Just odd. But then again: on some Android phones the official Twitter app can be very selective in what it shows and doesn't show in the photo picker. I had a Note 8 where I also had to tweet videos via the File Explorer because the Twitter app refused to
    show available videos.
    It's very odd because the picker page is not handled by Bird10 but it's the OS that controls it, my code merely tells the platform to show only video items, so if the file explorer recognises the file as a video I don't understand why it doesn't do the same when it is opened inside Bird10, weird stuff
    04-06-21 08:25 AM
    It's very odd because the picker page is not handled by Bird10 but it's the OS that controls it, my code merely tells the platform to show only video items, so if the file explorer recognises the file as a video I don't understand why it doesn't do the same when it is opened inside Bird10, weird stuff
    Yes, weird. I also tried removing the SD-card etc... No difference. I have a Classic lying around somewhere. Will try it later.
    Again: not a big problem, Everything else works just fine.
    04-06-21 09:54 AM

Update 2.10.0.0:
    Hi, brother. Really love your work. What about adding a donate to developer button in BlackBerry Store?

Let me know what you think.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-21 11:11 PM
    Hi, brother. Really love your work. What about adding a donate to developer button in BlackBerry Store?

Let me know what you think.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah fine by me
    04-10-21 06:07 AM
    I've had some issues with profile pictures not loading lately. Not always, but often enough to worry. Disabling the picture cache seem to have fixed it.. did you also have this issue or it's just my phone getting old?
    07-09-21 09:08 AM
    Same issue... till yesterday. It seems working fine for now.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-21 05:37 PM
405 ... 1213141516 ...