Just got Binder after researching it in this thread. The thing that makes yours better than anything is the amazingly fast Saving URLs from other apps via Share Card. Well done! This should be more prominent in your app description and screenshots.
    Thanks. I'll make some changes to the marketing text when I submit the next update. You're right, that should be more prominent. One of the main reasons I made this app was because none of the others did anything like that.

Great job!
    Stay tuned. There's lots more coming.

I echo the other comments re a better icon :-P
    Still not sure what to do about the icon though. I kind of like the new beige one.

Share card??
    He means the Binder card that flies out over another app when you use the share menu to add something to Pocket.
    07-15-13 02:05 AM
    I just noticed that the shortcut in the article list is r which is inconsistent.

Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-img_00000001.png

Also, I discovered a lot of app use n & p for scrolling up and down, and I found that is really useful for q10 user as we won't accidentally swipe up to home screen when we r reading.

Cant wait for the next update

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 02:38 PM
    Regarding the icon - current one is decent but it goes against a few of BlackBerry 10's core icon guidelines:

- should be flatter. All icons on BlackBerry 10 should be more or less flat rather than a 3D-like object. Take the Calendar for example, it is more or less a rectangle with a little 3D-like accent.

I think something more inspired by the Calendar or Corky Notes would be nice.

However I have a nagging suspicious my real issue with it might just be the colours. Attached is a Screenshot of Pocket beside Binder. I think if your rainbow was the same colours as the official colours and the Binder was Pocket red on the spine and Pocket white on the front cover it might fit better :-)

Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-img_00000823_edit.png

Maybe I can find some time and make a mockup of what I mean with the colours if I can get an install of Photo shop working.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 03:07 PM
    BTW I asked Pocket what BlackBerry 10 app they recommend and they chose yours :-)

Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-img_00000827.png

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 07:02 PM
    I just noticed that the shortcut in the article list is r which is inconsistent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000001.png 
Views:	1106 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	182911

Also, I discovered a lot of app use n & p for scrolling up and down, and I found that is really useful for q10 user as we won't accidentally swipe up to home screen when we r reading.

Cant wait for the next update

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, R is inconsistent with what?

You can use space for scrolling down (shift+space for up). That's standard for Q10 apps.
    07-15-13 11:56 PM
    Regarding the icon - current one is decent but it goes against a few of BlackBerry 10's core icon guidelines:

- should be flatter. All icons on BlackBerry 10 should be more or less flat rather than a 3D-like object. Take the Calendar for example, it is more or less a rectangle with a little 3D-like accent.
    I see what you mean. I'll do a bit of experimenting. Maybe that pic of a binder, but front-on, and with the colour changes you suggested? I don't want to just make a square with a "B" in it or something. That'd be kinda lame.

BTW I asked Pocket what BlackBerry 10 app they recommend and they chose yours :-)
    Haha, that's awesome. They made the right choice.
    07-15-13 11:58 PM
    Sorry, R is inconsistent with what?

You can use space for scrolling down (shift+space for up). That's standard for Q10 apps.

Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-img_00000003.png
    Archive! R in the article list, and a in the article.

Space is page up, but I noticed that 80% of the app use n and p for scrolling up and down. Try blaq, cb...

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 06:37 PM
    After reading this thread, I decided to buy Binder and switch from "Read It Later", and I'm so happy I did! This is a great app and I love how the developer seems dedicated to updating the app and listening to suggestions. I can't wait for future updates!!

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-17-13 10:04 PM
    Archive! R in the article list, and a in the article.
    Ah, got it. Not sure how I missed that. Will fix in 1.2.

Space is page up, but I noticed that 80% of the app use n and p for scrolling up and down. Try blaq, cb...
    Aha, I see what you mean now. I'll see what I can do (FYI, n and p do work in the article list already... must be a standard thing as well, as I didn't add any code for this).

After reading this thread, I decided to buy Binder and switch from "Read It Later", and I'm so happy I did! This is a great app and I love how the developer seems dedicated to updating the app and listening to suggestions. I can't wait for future updates!!
    Thanks for that. I appreciate all the support.
    anon(5684097) likes this.
    07-18-13 12:15 PM
    Just a quick status update for everyone. I intend to submit 1.2 for approval this weekend. I expect it to land in the store on Wednesday.

Here is what is included:

1. Article title now added to outgoing shares (there will be no setting for this)
    2. The Full Page view menu item is now a toggle between that and stripped mode
    3. Offline handling: the app will now check your connection, and will not attempt to refresh your list (will load from cache instead, if one exists) if there's a problem
    4. Shortcuts have been rejiggered a bit on Q devices
    5. The app now holds your last article selection if you go back to your list, so you can quickly look at your list, and then go back to the same article without triggering a page reload
    6. Connection detection and a cancel button on the share pane
    7. Items sent to Pocket will also be added to the Binder list internally (if the app is running when you share in) so that you do not have to refresh your list to see changes when you go back to Binder

A few things have been moved to 1.5, a slightly more major release. The current planned list for that release is (none of this is a guarantee):

1. Pocket Tags
    2. Evernote integration
    3. Support for videos in your Pocket list
    4. Move forward/back in article view with a keyboard shortcut
    5. N/P scrolling in the internal browser (maybe)

Also, just a reminder. you can follow @BinderBB10 on Twitter, or subscribe to BBM channel C00016213 for updates and support.

Update: There was a bit of a delay getting the new release submitted. It's been submitted now, hopefully will be available in the store by the weekend.
    Last edited by DannySmurf; 07-24-13 at 11:17 PM.
    07-20-13 09:17 PM
    Hi Aaron. Small request, if possible. I've been using the Evolution browser for a while and i love being able to use the whole screen estate on the Q10... Is it possible to add a way in Binder to let us chose the browser to use? Would really love to be able to open the articles in Evolution instead of the default bb browser.

Thanks!
    07-21-13 03:32 AM
    Great dev listening user voice! Must buy app for pocket user.

N/p scrolling already work in article list view, fyi. Its nice to have a consistent ui.
    07-21-13 04:22 AM
    Great dev listening user voice! Must buy app for pocket user.

N/p scrolling already work in article list view, fyi. Its nice to have a consistent ui.
    It does, however by default it does not work in a webview. You'll see the same thing when you load an article in the Crackberry app, for example. This also doesn't work in the system browser. So it will take extra work to get that functioning. I do not know how much, which is why I am not going to promise it yet at this point.

Is it possible to add a way in Binder to let us chose the browser to use? Would really love to be able to open the articles in Evolution instead of the default bb browser.
    I'm not familiar with that software, but I will check it out and see what I can do.
    07-21-13 10:44 AM
    Public service announcement: There is currently a problem with the article stripping service. It is not returning stripped articles. Binder is defaulting to full webpage view for all users right now.

Working on a resolution.

EDIT: The situation is improving; some articles are starting to come through.

EDIT 2: Problem now appears to be fully resolved.
    Last edited by DannySmurf; 07-24-13 at 11:21 PM.
    07-21-13 09:01 PM
    Version 1.2 has (finally) been approved and is now rolling out.

Also, welcome to any new users who happen to find this thread. # of users has increased by about 50% this weekend (yay!)

Changes in this release include:

1. Article title now added to outgoing shares (there will be no setting for this)
    2. The Full Page view menu item is now a toggle between that and stripped mode
    3. Offline handling: the app will now check your connection, and will not attempt to refresh your list (will load from cache instead, if one exists) if there's a problem
    4. Shortcuts have been rejiggered a bit on Q devices
    5. The app now holds your last article selection if you go back to your list, so you can quickly look at your list, and then go back to the same article without triggering a page reload
    6. Connection detection and a cancel button on the share pane

#7 on the earlier list didn't make the cut (still buggy), and has been moved to 1.5.

I'm also now looking for beta testers for the 1.5 release, now that most of the small stuff is in the pipe. This will be a major release. Full feature list is TBD, but it will definitely include some bigger changes than the two point releases up to now. Anyone who's interested, BBM me. 2ACB1939. Previous testers and new people are welcome.
    07-29-13 01:39 AM
    I just purchased Binder today but can't get it to work? Caught in an authorization loop. I deleted and reinstalled, didn't fix, restarted Z10, didn't fix. I confirmed I can log into getpocket. How do I get the app to work?
    07-29-13 03:28 PM
    I just purchased Binder today but can't get it to work? Caught in an authorization loop. I deleted and reinstalled, didn't fix, restarted Z10, didn't fix. I confirmed I can log into getpocket. How do I get the app to work?
    Thanks for posting. I have not encountered this problem before, so I can't advise for the moment. I am investigating, and will advise when I have a workaround or solution.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 04:00 PM
    I have submitted a fixed copy (v1.3) of the app to BlackBerry.

I do not know how long approval will take, so in the meantime, I am going to make available a time-limited, sideloadable copy of the application to anyone who needs or wants it. You can find the BAR at the link below. A warning: This build expires on August 8. Once the new version is available on the store, you should upgrade to that.

http://sdrv.ms/11NoWIm

Update: BlackBerry has expedited the approval process on the 1.3 release, which includes a fix for this problem. The new version is now available on the store. Anyone using the special release should upgrade to the store version.
    Last edited by DannySmurf; 07-31-13 at 09:16 AM.
    07-29-13 05:35 PM
    Purchased this app this morning and really like it, intend to use it instead of Read It Later. However, just a few questions -

1. Is there a real offline mode? I spend a fair chunk of time without reception and would love to be able to save an article to Pocket and then read it (preferably with images) at a later time when my phone is in Flight Mode for example. I've tried to use the stripped article mode, but it doesn't seem to cache my entire list for some reason

2. I tend to agree with earlier comments regarding the app logo, any plans to change?

3. Why is the app called Binder and not Pouch? I think Pouch sounds better and a cool logo would probably be easier also

Thanks - love the app!
    08-01-13 06:30 AM
    Purchased this app this morning and really like it, intend to use it instead of Read It Later. However, just a few questions -

1. Is there a real offline mode? I spend a fair chunk of time without reception and would love to be able to save an article to Pocket and then read it (preferably with images) at a later time when my phone is in Flight Mode for example. I've tried to use the stripped article mode, but it doesn't seem to cache my entire list for some reason

2. I tend to agree with earlier comments regarding the app logo, any plans to change?

3. Why is the app called Binder and not Pouch? I think Pouch sounds better and a cool logo would probably be easier also

Thanks - love the app!
    1. The service I'm using to strip articles sometimes does not return a properly-stripped article. Occasionally it returns nothing at all. That's expected; even the official Pocket apps on other platforms are not always able to strip an article. I find Binder to be generally as reliable as the official apps. That's not to say that it couldn't be improved, and I'm exploring ways to make this better for the 1.5 release.

2. Yes.

3. A couple of reasons. During the beta, I was asked a few times whether this was the same Pouch app as the one on Windows Phone 8. It isn't, and I changed the name partly to avoid that confusion. You're right, a "Pouch" logo would have been easier. But, although this will always be a Pocket app, it won't necessarily always be ONLY a Pocket app, so a synonym for pocket wasn't really appropriate anyway.

Thanks for the support. It's appreciated.
    08-01-13 09:25 AM
    1. The service I'm using to strip articles sometimes does not return a properly-stripped article. Occasionally it returns nothing at all. That's expected; even the official Pocket apps on other platforms are not always able to strip an article. I find Binder to be generally as reliable as the official apps. That's not to say that it couldn't be improved, and I'm exploring ways to make this better for the 1.5 release.

2. Yes.

3. A couple of reasons. During the beta, I was asked a few times whether this was the same Pouch app as the one on Windows Phone 8. It isn't, and I changed the name partly to avoid that confusion. You're right, a "Pouch" logo would have been easier. But, although this will always be a Pocket app, it won't necessarily always be ONLY a Pocket app, so a synonym for pocket wasn't really appropriate anyway.

Thanks for the support. It's appreciated.
    Thanks for the reply, great when a Dev gets so closely involved with the user base. Really appreciate the explanations.

1. Not being too technically minded, is there no way to pull the mobile site and store for offline viewing? Just curious!

Would definitely be interested in testing 1.5 if and when it is available.

2. Got a couple of ideas for logos which I might have a stab at when I'm bored.

3. Okay that's cool, makes sense now!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 01:06 PM
    Thanks for the reply, great when a Dev gets so closely involved with the user base. Really appreciate the explanations.
    Thanks. I've been doing independent software dev for over a decade. I think that's the part I enjoy the most.

1. Not being too technically minded, is there no way to pull the mobile site and store for offline viewing? Just curious!
    It's a bit more complicated than that. No standard for how to get at a mobile site, if there even is one, and must consider what to do if there ISN'T one (ie, download the full site plus all images... which creates storage concerns... stuff like this always creates a rabbit hole). It's an option I'm considering, but I'm leaning more toward just building a better service to get the article text.

Would definitely be interested in testing 1.5 if and when it is available.
    I'll add you to the list. Just BBM me. 2ACB1939.
    08-01-13 09:59 PM
    Thanks for great app, I've just purchased it!
    I've noticed that the icon is unproportionally big on Z10, when you want to share through the browser.
    Could you please align it with the rest ones, so it won't hit on the eyes.
    Thanks.
    09-27-13 06:47 PM
    Thanks for great app, I've just purchased it!
    I've noticed that the icon is unproportionally big on Z10, when you want to share through the browser.
    Could you please align it with the rest ones, so it won't hit on the eyes.
    Thanks.
    Thanks for the support.

I am aware of this problem, and I'm looking into fixing it for the next release.
    09-28-13 11:38 AM
    Is this app still under development? The Android Pocket works swimmingly on BB10, but I might buy this app if 1.5 ever comes out.
    01-30-14 11:28 PM
50 12