App Name: Binder

Summary: The fastest, cleanest, best Pocket app for BlackBerry 10

Version 1.1 now rolling out.

There are other Pocket apps, but none of them have met my needs, so I decided to create my own. My goal with this app has been to create the fastest, friendliest, most complete, absolute BEST pocket client, for all BlackBerry 10 devices.

I've tried to faithfully recreate the excellent look and feel of the original (iOS/Android) Pocket apps, but with an entirely native Cascades interface.

What makes Binder different from the other Pocket apps?

1. FAST communication with the Pocket service, even on slower connections
    2. FAST, completely native (Cascades) interface
    3. Complete Q10 and Z10 support
    4. Original Pocket look
    5. FAST loading reader mode
    6. Q10 keyboard shortcuts
    7. Reliably add items you find in other apps to your Pocket list - INLINE! No more leaving your other apps to Pocket something
    8. Share things in your list out to Facebook, Twitter, email, etc.

The response from those who have seen and tested it up until now has been overwhelmingly positive, and I hope I've created an app that every Pocket user on my favourite platform will enjoy!

News, updates and support available at:

BBM Channel: C00016213
    Twitter: @BinderBB10
    Email: [email protected]

Link to BlackBerry World Listing:
    Binder for BlackBerry 10

Price: $0.99

A few screenshots (Z10):

Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-z10-1.jpg Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-z10-2.jpg Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-z10-3.jpg

And Q10:

Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-q10-1.png Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-q10-2.png Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-q10-3.png Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-q10-4.png
    Last edited by DannySmurf; 07-08-13 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Updated screenshots
    EsJayDee and yellowhammer like this.
    07-04-13 09:21 PM
    very nice, looks like quality work!
    07-04-13 09:27 PM
    very nice, looks like quality work!
    Thank you. When I say I want to create the best app for this platform, I really mean it.
    07-04-13 09:31 PM
    * Looks like you forgot to add detailed features in BlackBerry Work: BlackBerry World - Binder
    * Does it support deleting article?
    * Is it possible to hide images in both article list and article view (to save internet traffic)?
    07-05-13 02:35 AM
    Yes it does support deleting.

It doesn't support hiding images, but that is a good suggestion. I'll consider adding it for version 1.1.

Posted via CB10
    Smartie020 likes this.
    07-05-13 08:00 AM
    I purchased moment ago, SQN100-3. just my 2 cents:

- Font size in article list is tooooo small. I cannot find related setting in Settings.
    - Font size in article view is tooooooo small. I know it can be changed in Settings, but,

Why not set proper font sizes for them as default?

* Not sure why it shows the colorful bar with the same color as Pocket official app. Remind me this is a Pocket client? Of course I know.

* is there any plan to support mobile view with Instapaper like service?
    kazmi likes this.
    07-05-13 10:47 AM
    I purchased moment ago, SQN100-3. just my 2 cents:

- Font size in article list is tooooo small. I cannot find related setting in Settings.
    - Font size in article view is tooooooo small. I know it can be changed in Settings, but,

Why not set proper font sizes for them as default?
    The font sizes in the main list are the size they are because the beta testers actually complained that they were too big. LOL The setting you're looking for is the "Condensed View" setting. Using condensed view shrinks both the fonts and images to fit more on the screen (this is the default on the Q5/10). Unchecking that will make everything larger (the default on the Z10).

The article view is a bit more complicated. If you're looking at a full-page view, you'll get precisely what you'd get if you loaded that, unzoomed, in the system browser, small fonts and all. That is intentional. If you're looking at a stripped article view, the font size will be set to whatever you make it in settings (you can also change this with the font up/down buttons directly on that page - adjusting with these buttons will save the final size in settings). By default, this will be the system web default font size (ie, same as the system web browser). This may be worth revisiting in 1.1.

* Not sure why it shows the colorful bar with the same color as Pocket official app. Remind me this is a Pocket client? Of course I know.
    Just decoration. I wanted a splash of colour.

* is there any plan to support mobile view with Instapaper like service?
    It supports that now, through a third-party service. It's not perfect, but I find it adequate for this task. (side note: it will always try to load this view unless you specify otherwise, but will give up and just load the full webpage if the service I'm using, or the website you're viewing, is responding too slowly).

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by DannySmurf; 07-05-13 at 11:38 AM.
    07-05-13 11:19 AM
    Wow nice app. Kinda does look like a BB10 version of pocket. If anything, perhaps a better icon? Something a bit more eye catching? No offense, but the icon looks a bit like one of those ported "apps" that flood the new arrivals section of BB World. I nearly didn't notice this app because of that. Maybe something better and professional looking? Just an opinion
    07-05-13 12:26 PM
    I endorse this app Was one of the beta testers and have enjoyed using it from the start. Developer listened to all our feedback and fixed any issues we had as soon as he could. I hadn't used Pocket before I signed up for this beta but now find myself using it daily. Glad to see it found it's way to the app store!
    07-05-13 12:29 PM
    Wow nice app. Kinda does look like a BB10 version of pocket. If anything, perhaps a better icon? Something a bit more eye catching? No offense, but the icon looks a bit like one of those ported "apps" that flood the new arrivals section of BB World. I nearly didn't notice this app because of that. Maybe something better and professional looking? Just an opinion
    Fair enough. Graphic design is not my strongest area. I'm open to suggestions if you have any.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:32 PM
    I endorse this app Was one of the beta testers and have enjoyed using it from the start. Developer listened to all our feedback and fixed any issues we had as soon as he could. I hadn't used Pocket before I signed up for this beta but now find myself using it daily. Glad to see it found it's way to the app store!
    Thanks for the feedback. You were all great testers. Most enthusiastic group I've released an app to.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:37 PM
    App is great. However I have one wish: could you add an option to prevent the app from sync while the phone is offline (i.e on a plane)?
    If I forget to uncheck the auto refresh option before I go on a plane all the already downloaded articles will be deleted.

Thanks.
    07-06-13 05:50 PM
    App is great. However I have one wish: could you add an option to prevent the app from sync while the phone is offline (i.e on a plane)?
    If I forget to uncheck the auto refresh option before I go on a plane all the already downloaded articles will be deleted.

Thanks.
    Thanks. That's a great suggestion, and something I hadn't considered. I've already submitted 1.1 for approval, so it won't be in that release, but I'll get that in as soon as I can.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 06:06 PM
    Works great, keep it up

Posted via CB10 ~ Join the One And Only active News channel on BBM Channels just add C000E96C1 ~
    07-07-13 01:35 AM
    Great work on this app Aaron. I had a suggestion. When we share an article through Binder, the entire URL of the article is displayed as is, without the description or "title". Is there a way for the app to automatically change the URL to the actual title of the article?

Here's a screen shot of what it looks like when sharing from bb10:

Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-img_00000102.png

And to elucidate what I was referring to, here's a sample screen shot from me sharing the same article from an IPhone 4S:

Binder (aka Pouch): A Better Pocket App for BlackBerry 10-photo.png

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 11:37 AM
    Feature request:

- Tag support. Add/delete/update multiple tags for article. this is supported by Pocket.

- Download full article while syncing. Hate to wait after tapping an article in article list.

- better article view. It shows full web site first time, then I go back to article list, re-tap this article, it then become mobile view (sometimes). Hope it will enter mobile view directly, no JavaScript anymore, just article text.

- Offline reading.
    07-07-13 06:46 PM
    Feature request:
    - Tag support. Add/delete/update multiple tags for article. this is supported by Pocket.
    Will consider that, thanks.

- Download full article while syncing. Hate to wait after tapping an article in article list.
    You can do that now. The setting is called Download All Articles on Sync. It happens in the background, so it may or may not be complete by the time you start reading. Depends how fast you are. If the article you tap on hasn't downloaded, it will download it on-demand.

- better article view. It shows full web site first time, then I go back to article list, re-tap this article, it then become mobile view (sometimes). Hope it will enter mobile view directly, no JavaScript anymore, just article text.
    This entirely depends on the speed of the site the article came from, and the reader service. When you tap to open an article, the app calls the reader service, which loads the URL, strips the page down to the article, and sends the text back to the app. Binder gives the entire process 5 seconds to get the stripped article onto your screen (when downloading all articles during sync, it allows 10 seconds per article). If it can't happen in that time, it switches and starts loading the full URL instead so you're not kept waiting on an article view that may or may not load. I'll put a switch in so you can switch back to article mode if a full page has loaded instead, with a larger timeout. I won't extend the at-load timeout though. That's going to stay at 5 seconds.
    07-07-13 07:04 PM
    Great work on this app Aaron. I had a suggestion. When we share an article through Binder, the entire URL of the article is displayed as is, without the description or "title". Is there a way for the app to automatically change the URL to the actual title of the article?
    I don't think that will be a problem. I'll see if I can fit that into 1.2.
    07-07-13 07:05 PM
    Version 1.1 is now rolling out in the App World. This is a minor release, which includes:

1. A new icon
    2. Better default font sizes
    3. The ability to hide images in the article list
    4. Miscellaneous bug fixes
    07-08-13 11:23 PM
    Got the update, still looking good

Quick question: I submitted a review but I noticed it's not up (yet) and I can't submit a new review or resubmit the previous one. Is this normal or has the review been denied for some reason?

Posted with my Q10 using CB10
    07-09-13 12:10 AM
    Got the update, still looking good

Quick question: I submitted a review but I noticed it's not up (yet) and I can't submit a new review or resubmit the previous one. Is this normal or has the review been denied for some reason?

Posted with my Q10 using CB10
    I'm not sure. I don't see the review on my panel either. I'll put a ticket in and see what happened to it.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 12:27 AM
    I'm not sure. I don't see the review on my panel either. I'll put a ticket in and see what happened to it.

Posted via CB10
    I wrote a review as soon as the app was available. It's not showing. I think it might have something to do with us getting it as a gift.

Sent from the Dark Side
    07-09-13 01:54 AM
    I wrote a review as soon as the app was available. It's not showing. I think it might have something to do with us getting it as a gift.

Sent from the Dark Side
    That's a possibility. Maybe because it's a simulated purchase, it's also a simulated review.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 08:18 AM
    Hey Danny,

Just got Binder after researching it in this thread. The thing that makes yours better than anything is the amazingly fast Saving URLs from other apps via Share Card. Well done! This should be more prominent in your app description and screenshots.

Great job! I echo the other comments re a better icon :-P

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 07:58 PM
    Hey Danny,

Just got Binder after researching it in this thread. The thing that makes yours better than anything is the amazingly fast Saving URLs from other apps via Share Card. Well done! This should be more prominent in your app description and screenshots.

Great job! I echo the other comments re a better icon :-P

Posted via CB10
    Share card??

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:44 PM
50 12