I wanted to let everyone here know that the vendor SmartAps is not to be trusted. This vendor does not respond to emails from paying customers and deletes any critical reviews in BlackBerry World. They only leave the positive 4/5 star reviews so do not rely on the reviews you read because anything noting the deficiencies of their apps gets deleted.

I purchased one of their apps and thought it was a very useful app. But it did have a couple of items that needed to be addressed so I emailed the developer thanking them for supporting the platform and noted a couple of deficiencies. Three weeks passed without a reply, I figured maybe the developer didn't get my email so I decided to leave a 3-star review, noting the bugs in the app. I saw my review in the reviews section for a few days and then it got deleted. Over the past few days, I've been reading the reviews and I've noticed other critical reviews getting deleted. I even have a screenshot of a review that was there yesterday and is no longer there today.

I'm a BlackBerry fan and support developers by purchasing their apps. I also think you should always contact a developer before leaving a critical review of their app. However, I do not agree with developers not responding to emails from paying customers and deleting valid reviews and I caution anyone interested in buying anything form SmartAps. Do NOT trust the reviews.
    12-09-13 10:51 AM
    Thanks for the feedback, we've had other issues with them, as well. Any other members with similar problems, we'd appreciate hearing from them.
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    12-09-13 11:07 AM
    I had been looking at a couple of their apps. Like most folks I tend to make my purchasing decisions based on the critiques left by those who have purchased the app before me. In the case of SmartAps, a high percentage of their app portfolio are rated 4 stars and above, giving one the impression that the company is not only capable (development wise) of producing quality apps but also reputable. Thank you for taking the time to warn the folks here at Crackberry that the opposite may be a likelihood and that it might be wise to tread carefully with them.
    12-09-13 06:21 PM
    Are they the kind of devs that submit rss feeds as apps using misleading titles, descriptions and reviews?

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    12-09-13 07:21 PM
    The app I downloaded is called Fitness Pro and it is not a RSS feed.
    12-09-13 09:53 PM
    This vendor does not respond to emails from paying customers and deletes any critical reviews in BlackBerry World. They only leave the positive 4/5 star reviews so do not rely on the reviews you read because anything noting the deficiencies of their apps gets deleted.

Sadly, I would say that description applies to about 70-80% of the app developers I've seen on BlackBerry World, even for free apps in many cases.

I would say a good 75% to 80% of the less than 4-star reviews I have given to apps on BlackBerry World have been removed without cause.

The 5-star reviews are never removed.

There have been many discussions here about this.
    12-09-13 11:59 PM