Hi CB nation!

I'm once again looking for beta testers for a new BlackBerry 10 app that I plan to release soon. The app fixes a bug in the OS : when you save a picture from a BBM group or an SMS conversation, the picture is saved without an extension (".jpg" for instance). My app runs in the background and automatically rename any picture that is saved without an extension, it correctly identify most image types and rename them to their original extension.

If you're interested in testing, send me an email at info (@) cellninja (.) ca or a message at my BBM Channel "CellNinja" BBMC:C004E866D and I'll give you all the juicy details. No sideloading required, the app is available in BlackBerry World for beta testers only (for now).

Also note that it will be a free app in BlackBerry World, so no need to ask to be a beta tester just to get a free copy

Hope to hear from you guys!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 08:43 PM
    Oh i thought it was a BBM app bug turn out os bug...thanks for the fix Roger!
    06-20-17 08:53 PM
    Hmm, when I save a picture from a BBM group, the File Manager app says that the file has the extension .jpeg How is that possible? I didn't change anything to the name when saving.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    06-21-17 04:14 PM
    There are two ways to save a picture in a BBM group :
    1) Click a picture in chat, hit three dots in bottom right corner and choose Save Picture. Works perfectly!
    2) Click a picture in chat, double click the picture to show it in full size, click on three dots in bottom right corner and choose Save As. This saves the picture without its extension.

Other places in the OS are similar, they work when using one method but doesn't using another method.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 05:16 PM