Hey guys, I know there are like a million separate reviews and plenty of "best of" lists. But I'm looking for more specific apps. I just got my mom a Z10, and she's not that tech savvy. Her plan is for unlimited talk and text but only 250mb of data because she doesn't use the phone for that. She mainly uses it for making calls, texting, and receiving pictures from family members. Doesn't really listen to music or watch movies.

So, I was wondering what "useful" apps there are that could make using the Z10 even easier? I already got shortcut creator, so calling her favorite people is as easy as touching an icon with their picture on it. That's awesome for her. What else have you guys found that is super easy to use and improves the experience of using the Z10 even more?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    FF22 likes this.
    06-02-14 02:42 PM
    So nothing at all?

06-02-14 11:59 PM
    Hey. I found his app yesterday its called Sweep. It registers gestures and taps and can call a contact or text them or search something you should look at that

A flashlight app maybe

Sorry dont know any other ones. I hope I helped.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 06:39 AM
    I don't use utility apps sorry. Toolbelt os one though

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 08:18 AM
    I don't use utility apps sorry. Toolbelt os one though

Posted via CB10
    Don't get caught up on the word utility. I just mean not media apps like music streaming. Any app that improves the experience on the phone or makes things more convenient is all I'm looking for. Just remember it's for my mom. Whatever would make using the cell phone easier for her...

06-03-14 01:02 PM
    Hey. I found his app yesterday its called Sweep. It registers gestures and taps and can call a contact or text them or search something you should look at that

A flashlight app maybe

Sorry dont know any other ones. I hope I helped.

Posted via CB10
    Sweep sounds cool, but probably too complicated for her. But I might check it out, lol. And why would you need a flashlight app??? It's right there in the quick settings... :-P

06-03-14 01:06 PM
    Don't get caught up on the word utility. I just mean not media apps like music streaming. Any app that improves the experience on the phone or makes things more convenient is all I'm looking for. Just remember it's for my mom. Whatever would make using the cell phone easier for her...

Streaming: Spotify (it's like a cloud itunes with better radio)
    Weather: Beweather and accuweather
    Background/wallpaper changer - Wallpaper changed HD only for the superbar to show weather and date
    printing: HP print enterprise for by HP printer
    Maps/GPS: - Navfree for offline maps (when I'm out of canada)
    - UpdateIn Places/Foursquare for POI so I can search for nearest burger joint or something. (sometime Spotcast)
    - Xtreme Maps - (Nokia Here maps to go offline and Google maps, hardly use anymore because of Navfree)
    Fitness: My fitness pal
    Music Identifier: shazam, kills soundhound in every way

If you want an app that takes infomation from all your sites and compiles it into 1 app. Like a personal assistant called EasilyDo https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.easilydo

I so wish BB would incorporate this into the OS http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-king-934312/

But for your mom: just think of stuff she does on daily basis and if I can think of an app for it I'll list it

But seriously check out EasilyDo if she has twitter, facebook, calendar stuff and etc (android app)
    Last edited by khehl; 06-03-14 at 05:39 PM.
    06-03-14 05:26 PM
    Here is a pic of how I organize my stufff

Best utility apps for a not-so-tech savvy person??-img_20140603_182722.png

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 05:28 PM
    Streaming: Spotify (it's like a cloud itunes with better radio)
    Weather: Beweather and accuweather
    Background/wallpaper changer - Wallpaper changed HD only for the superbar to show weather and date
    printing: HP print enterprise for by HP printer
    Maps/GPS: - Navfree for offline maps (when I'm out of canada)
    - UpdateIn Places/Foursquare for POI so I can search for nearest burger joint or something. (sometime Spotcast)
    - Xtreme Maps - (Nokia Here maps to go offline and Google maps, hardly use anymore because of Navfree)
    Fitness: My fitness pal
    Music Identifier: shazam, kills soundhound in every way

If you want an app that takes infomation from all your sites and compiles it into 1 app. Like a personal assistant called EasilyDo https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.easilydo

I so wish BB would incorporate this into the OS http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-king-934312/

But for your mom: just think of stuff she does on daily basis and if I can think of an app for it I'll list it

But seriously check out EasilyDo if she has twitter, facebook, calendar stuff and etc (android app)
    Thanks, good list. She doesn't do any social media, and she'll be using the phone just for communication purposes. I'll look into those apps though. Some of them sound pretty good. :-)

06-03-14 08:20 PM