I'm looking to installing the 10.3 autoloader but I don't want to lose all my texts. I've found Backup Pro and SMS Backup in BB World as of now but I'm trying to figure out which one is better. Anyone have any knowledge about those two apps or know of another app that is better for SMS backup?
    08-31-14 09:38 AM
    And you don't want to restore from your BlackBerry link back up?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 09:50 AM
    Backup pro is awesome I have it and it works great! I would recommend it

Posted via CB10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    08-31-14 09:52 AM
    BlackBerry link is the best. Chose custom backup, infomation (contacts + sms + all config). That's all! Work fine for me!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 11:29 AM
    I didn't want to restore from Link because I didn't want any issues from it being a 10.2.1 backup

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 06:44 PM
    BlackBerry link is the best. Chose custom backup, infomation (contacts + sms + all config). That's all! Work fine for me!

Posted via CB10
    Is this the device settings and local contacts calendar data? So SMS data is also saved here?
    08-31-14 10:08 PM
    I'm looking to installing the 10.3 autoloader but I don't want to lose all my texts. I've found Backup Pro and SMS Backup in BB World as of now but I'm trying to figure out which one is better. Anyone have any knowledge about those two apps or know of another app that is better for SMS backup?
    Four users have reported an issue with Backup Pro when restoring SMS backed up from 10.2 and restoring to 10.3. The text balloons appear but they are empty. I believe it only affects certain leaked versions and I am researching what is going on here.

Interestingly enough, they report that restore of SMS to 10.3 from a backup made from 10.3 itself works fine.

Regardless, you never have to worry about buying Backup Pro and having issues. Just contact support and if I can't rapidly solve your problem I will show you how to get a full refund.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 08:07 PM
    Four users have reported an issue with Backup Pro when restoring SMS backed up from 10.2 and restoring to 10.3. The text balloons appear but they are empty. I believe it only affects certain leaked versions and I am researching what is going on here.

Interestingly enough, they report that restore of SMS to 10.3 from a backup made from 10.3 itself works fine.

Regardless, you never have to worry about buying Backup Pro and having issues. Just contact support and if I can't rapidly solve your problem I will show you how to get a full refund.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the restore of texts didn't work out for me but it's a good app nonetheless

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 12:11 AM
    I use Exporter from BBW to backup my texts. They can be saved to email; SD card; and I believe Dropbox (but I have never used that).

App works great and has saved my hide many many times. If saving your text messages is truly important, this app is worth the price.

Posted via CB10; Missouri, USA
    09-02-14 09:35 PM
    I have used SMS Backup & Backup Pro. Not reliable. mixes up contacts & texts. Some contacts get mixed with someone else texts. The best is BB Link. But, question is thru BB Link, exclusive SMS or Contact can be either backup or restore.
    09-02-14 10:53 PM
    I have used SMS Backup & Backup Pro. Not reliable. mixes up contacts & texts. Some contacts get mixed with someone else texts. The best is BB Link. But, question is thru BB Link, exclusive SMS or Contact can be either backup or restore.
    I had this issue as well. I'd click on one person but the opened text would have a different name.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 11:34 PM
    Try backup pro by firechest it is best app for backup contact , sms/mms and other sd card data.

From Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1052
    09-03-14 12:16 AM
    I use sms backup its great and its only for sms.

Very fast.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 12:19 AM
    I have Backup pro. No problem.
    09-05-14 01:44 AM