I've never used Evernote but it does seem to have a good reputation on CB.

So, could I ask what the heck it does and why would I need it?

If I could have some everyday uses that would help.

I assume it's a note system that syncs across platforms, windows, Mac osx etc. That bit I grasp. I just don't know what I'd use it for.. perhaps my life has been missing the all embracing app. (I hope so)

I've read various threads about it, today I had a real world example that I could have used it for but failed to make it work correctly. I received a CV from a potential employee but it was a .rtf document. I tried using docs to go, that wouldn't open it, I then read a thread that advised to "send the file to evernote and then email to yourself". For my life, I couldn't find out how to "send to evernote" EN didn't appear under share, I could find any unique email address for my account.. so I failed..

Be good to hear some advice.
    03-14-14 03:27 AM
    What is Evernote and why should you use it? Do you want your misc. notes synced across multiple devices, including your PC/Mac? If so...

Take a look at these article links:
    Remember on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Why I use Evernote (and you should too!) | CrackBerry.com

There are Evernote apps/desktop versions for all the platfortms, to keep plain text notes, notes with attachments in sync and available. There is a premum version, but the free version will work just great for most people. It's deeply integrated throughout BB 10. You can "share" many items directly to Remember/Evernote. You can also "email" items to Evernote (Evernote, Tools > Account Info to get your Evernote email address). Many web site offer a "send to Evernote" option.

I use it almost daily to save all kinds of notes. And since it is cloud based, there's no worry about backing up the content.

Give it a trial run -- there's nothing to lose, and you might love it.
    03-14-14 11:50 AM
    I do have it.. I just can't find a use for it. I'd love too, but each time I can't find one.

As I said. In principle, I understand the logic, I need to find a use for it. That is where I'm struggling.
    03-14-14 01:09 PM
    Ugh, go to their website? If you can't think of a use case in 5 seconds, maybe it's not for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 02:52 PM
    Ugh, go to their website? If you can't think of a use case in 5 seconds, maybe it's not for you.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I've looked at the site and have to say, it's not for me.
    03-14-14 05:48 PM