Hey cb addicts!

I was wondering which media/music player you use and why?

I would like the option of playing music in folders vs play lists or by artist etc

Any help would be appreciated

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 09:46 PM
    I love Nobex Radio...it has local stations for both FM and AM as well as commercial free stations for genere based music. My favorite is Wild Rock Radio...I listen to it all the time.
    02-18-13 09:58 PM
    I'm looking for suggestions to play local media. Specifically mp3 files in folders.

Posted via CB10
    annon91221 likes this.
    02-18-13 10:19 PM
    I use Winamp on my bb10 the most. I have been using winamp for years on multiple platforms and always stick with it after trying several others.
    Winamp will allow you to do more things then the standard 'search by artist/playlist' etc. However, it does not allow you to play your music off of a folder.
    I know why you are wanting an app that does that. The only work around to that is to create a playlist in the app or on your Winamp on your computer, that
    matches all the songs in the folder you would want to play from. Winamp allows for wireless syncing (through wifi) as well. Very handy.
    You can download it here in the forums or download it here from this link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcr0vwlmi5cme0l/winamp103.bar
    02-18-13 11:26 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Still hoping there is an app so I can play music out of folders...

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 09:38 AM
    Am I the only person who is still looking for an app that plays music from folders????

This is really bothering me that there is no app available that can play all the music in specific folders.

Playlists are annoying!
    melb_me and Icarus3000 like this.
    02-26-13 03:41 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eeping-774507/

You can play songs from root folders.
    02-26-13 04:31 PM
    I'm not sure I understand? The Music Player that is standard on the BB10 is fantastic with full DLNA integration to play wirelessly on any DLNA compatible device. In addition to playlists you can select your mp3 library by artist, album or genre. What is the deal with folders? Are they artist folders?

I guess you could also use the "File Manager" app that come with BB10 to browse to your music folders and select that way...I still don't understand how you organize your music with folders if it isn't a playlist, or artist, or album or genre?
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    02-26-13 04:39 PM
    I find the stock music player pretty good myself. It's on par with my old ipod touch imo. I'm also not sure what you mean about playing folders of music and not using playlists? Wouldn't creating a playing a play list essentially be like 'creating a folder of music and playing it? Or if you want to play a folder of only one artist thats basically what the player does when you play a whole album by a single artist.
    02-26-13 06:52 PM
    The stock music app player won't even let you create a playlist from a folder. Music in bbos 6 let you do that at least. I also would prefer to play from a folder rather than creating a playlist.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 08:54 PM
    There is awesome music player Neutron MP available on PB which I expect to be available soon on BB10 also.
    It can play music from folders/playlists/etc and its very feature rich with equalizer, waves,etc.
    Neutron Music Player
    02-26-13 09:15 PM
    For those who don't get why I want to play music from folders...

When I download my music, I create folders based on months and have it separated by genre....and I can't rely on the id tagging for the genre...i would like the ability to go into a folder and add all the songs in that said folder into a "Play list" but the songs in the folder updates as the month goes on...

Anyway when I had the torch, I had no issues but I can't remember the app I had used then...

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 10:17 PM
    Funny you mention neutron, I paid for it and it wouldn't install....its now off the app world and I am awaiting a refund...

Posted via CB10
    twstd.reality likes this.
    02-26-13 10:18 PM
    Exactly same reason I use folders myself. The app Music Timer X i mentioned above does this.
    Right now it reads your music off of your device memory.... dev is working on an update now that reads off of your SD card.
    For $0.99 it's worth the download and a neat feature if I say so myself. (sleep timer mode)
    02-26-13 11:25 PM
    Funny you mention neutron, I paid for it and it wouldn't install....its now off the app world and I am awaiting a refund...

Posted via CB10
    Based on the forums @ Neutron Music Player, the developer said that he had to pull the BB10 neutron mp because of bugs, but he has resubmitted another version to BB world. So it might worth the wait for it to reappear in BB world, it's a damn good music player.

Here was his response to why it was pulled in neutron mp forums:

"What is the problem:

There is problem with latest 1.68.2 version for Z10. Due to the fact that it is targeted to the firmware version which is not yet released for Z10s the package is not installing.

When it will be fixed:

Today there will be an update submitted with version rolled back as it was in 1.68.0 which worked ok. May be it will be approved quicker this time.

Why it happened:

Neutron 1.68.2 used latest NDK and targeted towards firmware version which is released for Dev Alpha on 31.01.2013 but appears that Z10 still do not have that firmware yet!!! I do not understand why BB made it possible and confused developers who are on Dev Alphas. Developer's Limited Edition Z10 is still to be delivered and thus majority of developers still are on Dev Alpha devices. Those devs who will use latest tools and target latest firmware version of Dev Alpha and assuming is that Z10 is receiving the same firmware at the same time will run into the same problem as Neutron 1.68.2 update for BB10 platform."
    02-27-13 03:03 PM
    Just a heads up, I'm currently waiting on BlackBerry World approval for my DashPlayer application that's currently available for the PlayBook. It's based on folders, not playlists (I wanted that function myself so I ended up making my own). I'm hoping it will be available soon for everyone. I've added some new features for the Z10 version as well; Wake and Play to use it as an alarm, and sleep timer (in case you just want to listen to music for a little bit while you fall asleep), single file selection. I use it as my main music player (of course).

BlackBerry World - DashPlayer
    Last edited by nick.dollimount; 02-27-13 at 03:22 PM. Reason: added link
    02-27-13 03:15 PM
    Thanks for the input guys...i will patiently wait for either neutron or dash

Will give the lite player a try now

Posted via CB10
    02-27-13 09:52 PM
    just an update...Neutron music player is now available and is in fact what i was looking for

Anyone else in the same boat i would highly recommend this app
    03-04-13 04:59 PM
    On top of the Z10 media player thinking my custom Ringtones music and injecting them into a Shuffle All session, I miss the ability to adjust the audio settings - like add Bass, add Treble - that I had on my Torch. The Standard Media player is fine, but just doesn't have the fine control I was used to - seems that is an overall theme with the BB10 platform though ....
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    10-04-13 10:45 AM
    Neutron is good on PlayBook too

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 02:33 PM
    10-04-13 02:52 PM
    I use Winamp on my bb10 the most. I have been using winamp for years on multiple platforms and always stick with it after trying several others.
    Winamp will allow you to do more things then the standard 'search by artist/playlist' etc. However, it does not allow you to play your music off of a folder.
    I know why you are wanting an app that does that. The only work around to that is to create a playlist in the app or on your Winamp on your computer, that
    matches all the songs in the folder you would want to play from. Winamp allows for wireless syncing (through wifi) as well. Very handy.
    You can download it here in the forums or download it here from this link. https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcr0vwlmi5cme0l/winamp103.bar
    Can you resend link? Thanks
    10-05-20 04:38 AM
    Can you resend link? Thanks
    Wow, 7 year old post, you might be lucky I suppose!
    10-05-20 12:13 PM