Hi guys,
    What is the best app for backup and restore of contacts? I often have issues with contacts being merged with unrelated contacts, duplicate contacts etc. I have found that a lot of my problems arise when connected to Blackbery Link. It uses my outlook account to sync but links unrelated contacts and gets frustrating having to go through all my contacts individually to unlink/sort them out. I have latest version of Link and have turned off the contact sync feature. All my contacts are saved to my hotmail (live) account and this is what I use as my main contacts database. I have tried a few apps but not totally happy with the results. In the contacts app I have turned off SIM card, Blackberry Link, and have deleted contacts from locally stored (on the phone) so it is now only pulling in contacts from my Live account, LinkedIn and BBM. Now that I have finally got them sorted I want a quality app to backup and restore all contact info including contact pics, without adding duplicates or merging unrelated contacts. I find this part of the native contacts app a real pain in the arse, as many others have. Any thoughts or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iCrap pad using CB Forums
    07-04-14 09:16 PM
    Get intouchapp contacts or back them up using firechest pro
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    07-04-14 09:54 PM
    Backup pro. I've have it and love it

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 09:54 PM
    Get intouchapp contacts or back them up using firechest pro
    Have tried that (in touchpad) but wasn't overly impressed, it merged unrelated contacts and created duplicates.

07-04-14 10:02 PM
    Backup pro. I've have it and love it

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, will give it a go.

07-04-14 10:02 PM
    Look at sync they make a top apps of july 4th blog post about it. I think it might be better then backup pro since there are faster updates.

Intouch free, backup pro are also good options

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 12:12 AM
    Look at sync they make a top apps of july 4th blog post about it. I think it might be better then backup pro since there are faster updates.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, will look at that too. ✌️

07-05-14 02:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    Backup pro had been updated three times since I've had in in about two weeks. The developer is active in these forums, he's quick to help and fix problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 06:39 AM
    Backup pro had been updated three times since I've had in in about two weeks. The developer is active in these forums, he's quick to help and fix problems.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I know I was just giving another good option. Some people are hesitant to pay 5$ for an app believe it or not.

Sync is basically the same with a couple of perks that's all I was saying

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 08:58 AM
    Yes I know I was just giving another good option. Some people are hesitant to pay 5$ for an app believe it or not.

Sync is basically the same with a couple of perks that's all I was saying

Posted via CB10
    Yep nothing against you just letting OP know Backup pro is good and active. Doesn't take money and run. If all he wants is contacts then backup pro cheaper app is only. 99 cents and does contact

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 09:52 AM
    I use Contactx. Nice GUI and does what it needs to well.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    07-05-14 11:03 AM
    I use Contactx. Nice GUI and does what it needs to well.

I bought every contact app and contact x is by far the worst. No support anymore either last update was last novemeber.
    Contact x loses contacts and doesnt have good cloud support

intouch, sync and backup pro are by far the best options.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:41 AM
    I too bought that app and it seemed to work fine for me when I used it but I agree, I haven't seen any updates or support recently. It was a recommended app by many around here last year.
    07-05-14 11:50 AM
    I went with ContactsImEx and I'm very happy with it. It's free, and does an excellent job of backing up & restoring individual or all contacts. It also doesn't automatically sync everything without your knowledge, so you don't end up with duplicate records everywhere.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/37102894?

Posted with my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2947/2274 Radio
    nah.uhh likes this.
    07-05-14 12:03 PM
    I bought every contact app and contact x is by far the worst. No support anymore either last update was last novemeber.
    Contact x loses contacts and doesnt have good cloud support

intouch, sync and backup pro are by far the best options.

Posted via CB10
    Interesting. I'll check out the others.

I never had any problems with Contactx and it does what it says but I'm always on the lookout for improved functionality and supporting active developers.

That being said, Contactx is a simple app that probably doesn't need a whole host of new updates all the time. I've never had to contact the dev for support so I can't say if he/she is responsive.

07-05-14 01:21 PM