I didn't think I would abandon Blackberry anytime soon, yet it may happen. I have been victim of the fingerprint sensor mess of Blackberry, it's just too much, the main reason that keeps me with Blackberry is the physical keyboard, but if that fails what is left I wonder. So I'm asking what is the best app to transfer as much as possible to a new Android phone ("copy my data" apps and similar), I have two jobs and a family and really no time and will to spend ages on phone procedures, so I wonder if there is something that would make the transition as smooth and painless as possible, while keeping pretty much all the info and data I have on the Keyone. While we're on the subject, which Android phone would you choose amongst some similar features to Blackberry? (mainly the Hub). Thanks.
    03-19-21 02:32 AM
    You just need to turn on cloud backup to google drive and after that put your SD to new phone and login with your Google account, as I remember I transferred data from keyone to key2. And BlackBerry Hub can be installed on any other phone to my knowledge. Correct me someone if i'm wrong.
    crowning73 likes this.
    03-19-21 04:45 AM
    I didn't think I would abandon Blackberry anytime soon, yet it may happen. I have been victim of the fingerprint sensor mess of Blackberry, it's just too much, the main reason that keeps me with Blackberry is the physical keyboard, but if that fails what is left I wonder. So I'm asking what is the best app to transfer as much as possible to a new Android phone ("copy my data" apps and similar), I have two jobs and a family and really no time and will to spend ages on phone procedures, so I wonder if there is something that would make the transition as smooth and painless as possible, while keeping pretty much all the info and data I have on the Keyone. While we're on the subject, which Android phone would you choose amongst some similar features to Blackberry? (mainly the Hub). Thanks.
    I'm confused if you're asking from BB10 to BBAndroid or BBAndroid to Android devices.

If BBAndroid to Android, it's simply using the Google cloud with it's proprietary apps.
    03-19-21 06:53 AM
    I'm confused if you're asking from BB10 to BBAndroid or BBAndroid to Android devices.

If BBAndroid to Android, it's simply using the Google cloud with it's proprietary apps.
    Posted in BB10 forum so presumably that to Android.
    03-19-21 08:09 AM
    I own a Blackberry Keyone and, if the last attempt of replacing the keyboard fails, I will buy any other Android phone.
    Last edited by crowning73; 03-19-21 at 10:29 AM.
    03-19-21 08:15 AM
    I won a Blackberry Keyone and, if the last attempt of replacing the keyboard fails, I will buy any other Android phone.
    You should post this in the Android forum, more people there will be able to help you out, although post #2 would seem to be your answer.
    03-19-21 10:16 AM
    You should post this in the Android forum, more people there will be able to help you out, although post #2 would seem to be your answer.
    Agree at this point you use what the OS maker intened...

Stick with main stream apps and your really shouldn't have an isssue with anything but fringe apps that don't have "accounts" or utilize Google's backup options. (most the BlackBerry Apps and older games).
    03-19-21 11:16 AM
    I own a Blackberry Keyone and, if the last attempt of replacing the keyboard fails, I will buy any other Android phone.
    How many attempts were there to replace that keyboard?

Replacing it should fix it if done correctly. There is only one ribbon cable that is connecting the keyboard to the main board of the phone.

If you want a more modern keyboard device, I would probably move to a KEY2 by now, though they are getting pricier. If you can live without the keyboard, then you have a world of slabs to choose from.

The easiest way to backup and restore your data would probably be to go through Google's Drive backup.

Settings -> System -> Backup

Then on the new device, when setting it up for the first time, it'll invite you to restore data. One of those restore options would be from a Google account, and it should show you the date that that backup had been created, so you know it's the correct one.
    crowning73 likes this.
    03-19-21 02:35 PM
    Thank you very much for the detailed reply.
    I meant that my last attempt will be to replace the keyboard (after other remedies failed), haven't got hold of the keyboard yet, I'm in Europe and it's been shipped from HK so I'm just waiting. I do need the fingerprint sensor otherwise accessing some apps (banking, IDs..) It'll be very difficult if not impossible.
    My hope is still to stick with the Keyone (mine is the black edition, 4GB) assuming I can manage to restore the fingerprint access. I don't think I'd be switching to the Key2, my eyesight is not getting any better and if I have to change I might as well improve the present 4.5" display. I heard Blackberry is coming with a new device this year, it'd be great if it had a bigger display, a larger (taller) passport would be my dream phone.
    03-19-21 03:25 PM