Hi everyone, I'm going to use an auto loader and want to keep just my texts and MMS. What's the best app for thus, since it's not available in blackberry link?

I'd just search the BBW But we all know how reliable those reviews are. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 01:35 PM
    I dunno which is the best, but I use SMS Backup by Epic Windmill and it works great.
    05-08-14 01:43 PM
    Link does backup and restore SMS/MMS. At least it did for me yesterday morning after running the autoloader.

But I also have SMS Backup and did run the backup just in case. Didn't need to restore from it though.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 02:07 PM
    I know link will do it as well, but it also restores other things. There's no option to backup and restore ONLY sms and MMS on link

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 02:09 PM
    I know link will do it as well, but it also restores other things. There's no option to backup and restore ONLY sms and MMS on link

Posted via CB10
    True enough. BB10 and Link don't allow for granular backup options the way the legacy BBOS and Desktop Manager did. I do miss that and it's been on the Link wishlist ever since BB10 was released. I have no idea if they ever plan to add that capability.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 07:50 PM
    +1 SMS Backup
    05-11-14 10:20 PM
    Link does backup and restore SMS/MMS. At least it did for me yesterday morning after running the autoloader.

But I also have SMS Backup and did run the backup just in case. Didn't need to restore from it though.

Posted via CB10
    Mhm, this is strange, previously it all used to work just fine with BlackBerry Link, however when I backed up a couple of days ago and then restored, all of my sms messages were gone.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    06-01-14 04:10 PM
    Exporter in BlackBerry World is a paid app but the only app you will ever need: export text, mail or pin messages to SD card, via mail or to flash memory.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 05:14 PM