I don't understand the need for Hub Browser when you can get the same functionality, but with the benefit of ad-blocking, on "Browsie Now" or "Evolution Browser Quick" options.

Am I missing something???
    I have totally overlooked the "Quick"-feature of Evolution browser.
    Thanks for the hint.
    jope28 likes this.
    09-13-16 07:11 AM
    Sucks that it's not working for you.
    I'd rather not browse the Web than go back to experiencing I without an ad-blocker or no being able to turn Javascript off lol

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    Yeah, it used to work before 2.0.0 but it's not working anymore ever since. I did use the Ad Blocker app for the default browser but I can't use it anymore since I've switched to my new carrier where I have waaaay to many data lol (Ad Blocker only works over WiFi). So I just put up with the ads until Browsie starts blocking them again for me.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-13-16 07:41 AM
    Hi All,

I saw some suggestions for the Evolution browser and the Sec browser looks good, too. I am looking for recent info, as in relevant for 2016.

Any suggestions on a replacement browser for BB10?

Thanks.
    Annapurna is all I ever use, it's my default use it for everything on front screen so glad I found this browser by mistake. He was an awesome dev to with some other very awesome apps, wonder what he is up to these days...

Annapurna is to me hands down the best browser and I own them all trust me I have over 390 just in BBW alone invested.

Annapurna is worth every last cent! Unique in a slick way that makes it easy and fast with custom strings for future proofing.

Good Luck, DPR

-Dread Pirate Regan
    09-13-16 07:25 PM
    Just had a brainwave and installed the android browser called lightning. It's opensource, based on. Chromium browser and has adblock.

You can get the full app from their github page.

Works perfectly on the passport.
    09-30-16 11:30 AM
    Android stuff is great but I've been digging into native BB10 apps and they are just so smooth.

Really, I will be sad when the horsepower requirements for standard apps exceed the BB10 hardware and we are forced to jump ship because wow, the BB10 apps just far exceed the experience of Android on BB10 but, surprisingly, Android on Android devices.

Take a look at some of the BB10 "knock off" apps and see how smoothly these apps perform compared to their Android counterparts on current Android high-powered hardware.

It really is stunning and then, quickly, disheartening knowing evacuation is the path forward.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    10-02-16 02:18 AM
    Android stuff is great but I've been digging into native BB10 apps and they are just so smooth.

Really, I will be sad when the horsepower requirements for standard apps exceed the BB10 hardware and we are forced to jump ship because wow, the BB10 apps just far exceed the experience of Android on BB10 but, surprisingly, Android on Android devices.

Take a look at some of the BB10 "knock off" apps and see how smoothly these apps perform compared to their Android counterparts on current Android high-powered hardware.

It really is stunning and then, quickly, disheartening knowing evacuation is the path forward.
    I find most work well, most of the time and then lag randomly.

Evolution, Browsie and default.

Sometimes quick and other times up to nine mins to load the next page. Comparing that to android (rs browser) on nexus 6 or safari on iOS, that is really slow.

Lightning Browser on blackberry (get it on github) seems to be quicker.

Tried firefox yesterday and that is very slow.

In other news, Twitter works perfectly from playstore.
    10-02-16 07:36 AM

My Passport SE is nearly full and most apps I do not use so going to redo it and try to stay mostly ALL native since own allot of premium programs except a limited few I can't like zello, voxer and imo.

You don't want to run your browser in the sandbox or least I don't. There are fully native options.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 01:49 PM
    The fastest Sandbox as in non native android apk browser I could find is called Thunder Bolt Browser. I tried allot..

Posted via CB10
    10-02-16 02:00 PM
    If Firefox seems too heavy weight for your BlackBerry device or just you want something lighter, try Palemoon, it is based in firefox/gecko engine and also it is GPL/opensource.

What I would like is a opensource webkit engine browser for these times that BlackBerry browser and palemoons don't load the web properly.
    Do you know any free webkit browser?

I still use Firefox as alternative browser on BB10.

Latest beta version is here https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mobile/r...ndroid-api-15/

Whenever the (other) BB10 browser(s) have issues with a TLS connection (certificate error etc), then I use Firefox instead.
    However, even on the Passport Firefox has become sluggish, so I typically use it only for certain purposes.

Otherwise, I like the default browser and Evolution Browser for BB 10, and of course (maybe the most important app):
    Hub Browser

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 12:44 PM
    Picked up Annapurna and Lightning Browser. Going to look for Thunderbolt browser next.

What happened to our Browsie updates? There was a huge surge of development and mentions in these forums and now no updates for months.
    02-26-17 12:53 PM
    Recently I have been trying Brave browser for android, it seams a proper browser, opensource and based inv webkit/chrome flavour.
    However in Classic it is no always responsive, and even you can have a blank screen for few seconds.
    From monitoring it seams to use 8% of CPU and in memory around 10MB, number quite small to justify the lack of responsiveness

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 06:47 AM
    Hi All,

I saw some suggestions for the Evolution browser and the Sec browser looks good, too. I am looking for recent info, as in relevant for 2016.

Any suggestions on a replacement browser for BB10?

Thanks.
    Try zeus u will not have issues on sites that needs flash player and it is also cheap
    06-03-17 10:46 AM
    Naked Browser is one of my favourites. Only set-back is that adblocking won't work. Jumpgo is a next best for me (Lightning fork with adblocking added, only wonder why Jehovah Witnesses link is pre-installed).

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 06:16 AM
    Browsie
    QBrowser
    Polarity (Android)

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 07:00 PM
    Ran the Polarity meanwhile. Even the trackpad works in a way. Replaced the JumpGo with it.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 02:49 PM
    Not that I want to run an Android web browser but just out of curiosity: is there an Android web browser that supports keyboard shortcuts on the Passport? (and I don't mean that browser for the KeyOne, I mean one that actually works on the Passport + shortcuts)

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    06-24-17 03:45 PM
    If u are looking for a lightweight, opensource, updated browser and based in firefox try Waterfox.
    At least the version 55.2.0 is working fine in my BB10

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-24-17 06:32 AM
    Try Zues browser

Posted via CB10
    KermEd likes this.
    10-27-17 05:26 PM
    If u are looking for a lightweight, opensource, updated browser and based in firefox try Waterfox.
    At least the version 55.2.0 is working fine in my BB10

Posted via CB10
    Lightweight and Firefox doesnt seem like a logical combo?

Anyway, I like trying browsers, so happy to see something mentioned I didn't know yet. Will give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-17 04:06 AM
    Neither chrome flavours seem lightweight, strictly speaking maybe only opera mini or lightning are light but enough for most webpages

Posted via CB10
    11-05-17 09:13 AM
    Waterfox actually runs on my Classic. Way better than Firefox somehow. Thanks again for the tip.

Back to lightweight. Dont think anything beats Naked Browser there. APK size might not say everything. But. Waterfox 31MB, Opera Mini 4MB, Polarity 2MB,

NB 120kB...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-17 04:51 PM
    Sorry Vistaus. Seems none of us actually answered your question. Never use the shortcuts in the native browser, have no clue about shortcuts in the apk based browsers. Except for the one you might referred to being Keyboard browser.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-17 04:53 PM
    I think naked browser is not a complete browser with a complete render engine but an interface similar as qbrowser.

So u will be using an outdated render engine (supposedly the default of Jelly bean)

Am I wrong?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-17 07:40 AM
    Eh, would say no, actually don't know. Why would it be?

https://www.androidauthority.com/bes...owsers-320252/

So tried to find out. Haven't found any article that says so. If it would be, wouldn't one of the first remarks be "this isn't a real browser"?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-17 03:57 PM
    Browsie is still great due to the address bar at the bottom of the screen. I wonder if Browsie could be updated to use its own updated version of webkit.
    01-29-18 01:17 AM
82 1234