I recently bought be maps pro and I am disappointed to hear it is seemingly no longer supported. I would not have bought it if I knew the developer stopped supporting it. There should be some warning in advance to prevent buying orphaned apps...

Posted via CB10
    Gebo likes this.
    05-07-14 05:26 PM
    I recently bought be maps pro and I am disappointed to hear it is seemingly no longer supported. I would not have bought it if I knew the developer stopped supporting it. There should be some warning in advance to prevent buying orphaned apps...

Posted via CB10
    That is merely my speculation as it is no where to be found on the developers website and has not been updated in quite some time.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 05:30 PM
    I've downloaded Google maps from Snap and deleted it, preferring to use BeMapsPro instead. Yes, the compass interference bug can be slightly (emphasis on slightly) annoying but I'd rather have a native app that does the *exact* same thing as Google maps but

1) is faster
    2) utilizes cascades
    3) isn't actually Google and therefore needs access to every single little thing on my device - ie no problems with forfeiting my privacy to have a Google android app
    4) supports BlackBerry developers

I recommend this app to all new BlackBerry owners.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 06:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hate to say it, but BB World has quite a few apps that haven't been updated in a while. For that matter, Google Play has quite a few too. I don't know what Apple's policy might be. The "release date" for BeMaps Pro is October 8, 2013. Since the app was originally released last July, I infer that the "release date" was the last update.

When you buy an app, you are not promised any updates, but you are entitled to support, in my opinion. As long as the app continues to work and do what it says in the description, there's no problem. Each buyer can decide whether it's worth the asking price. The OP must have bought it several months ago, since Snap has been around for a while, for downloading Google Maps. Why he thinks he's entitled to a refund now is a mystery to me.

If Bellshare is no longer supporting the app, as in providing help to paying customers, that is a problem. We still don't know what the outcome of a support ticket might be.
    Blacklatino and stlabrat like this.
    05-07-14 06:57 PM
    Hindsight is 20/20. I bought it before Google maps was easily available. Suggesting someone not buy something they already bought is... interesting.

Posted via CB10
    You bought it when you needed it and now you spit on the dev because you don't need it. Logic. Lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    rthonpm and stlabrat like this.
    05-07-14 07:32 PM
    I have submitted a support ticket, however using bellshares ticket form there was no option to select BeMap 10 Pro. I will update about the ticket when I get anything back from them.

The reason I am digging into the dev is that by not updating or fixing their application it is a simple cash grab for the company. The app works but it hasn't been touched in 7 months and isn't on their website. That is far from what I would expect from a paid app. We'll see what the ticket yields.

Also I have purchased their weather app and enjoy it, worth the money and it continues to get updated.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 08:39 PM
    I have this app too and I think its a waste of money now because they didn't update the app to bring it to the next level.
    The worst thing about this 'premium' app is that it doesn't even have its own navigation software. The only 2 things I like about it is the Satellite view option and the little arrow showing the direction your phone is pointing.
    I hope Blackberry would do something about their Maps App on 10.3.
    05-07-14 10:39 PM
    I have submitted a support ticket, however using bellshares ticket form there was no option to select BeMap 10 Pro. I will update about the ticket when I get anything back from them.

The reason I am digging into the dev is that by not updating or fixing their application it is a simple cash grab for the company. The app works but it hasn't been touched in 7 months and isn't on their website. That is far from what I would expect from a paid app. We'll see what the ticket yields.

Also I have purchased their weather app and enjoy it, worth the money and it continues to get updated.

Posted via CB10
    Well now you have a clear and respectable point. If they can't provide support for the app at that price point. Then yea I think it's valid.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-07-14 10:42 PM
    Why not just use regular Maps by BlackBerry. It's better then even google maps hands down and super fast. Use it constantly.

Posted by Antoniius via my sexy Gold and White Q10.
    BB maps dont work at all, needs 5min to load a part of a map, its just way too slow
    05-08-14 01:13 AM
    Must be a bad internet connection. Call your carrier.
    Or, use a speed test application to obtain your actual speeds.
    I've never had ANY app Android or native take 5 minutes to load.
    I've had apps that load slow and I've seen times up to 30-45 seconds to load maximum.
    It seems like forever, but in reality it's NEVER 5 minutes!
    LoL. I wouldn't even attempt to use an app that took 5 minutes to load.
    Blacklatino and jevinzac like this.
    05-08-14 02:09 AM
    I agree that the app is not so good but then the developer at that time did some good considering that google maps were not available. Yes its slow and laggy and the interference icon is there forever.

How does one know that the app works / does not work fine when there was no option to test it. If there was option to test... I am sure many people would not have bought it.
    05-08-14 02:16 AM
    When I bought it, currently at a ridiculous $3.99 in the Blackberry World, getting Android Apps onto BB10 was more of a hassle than it was worth at least for me. Now in 10.2.1-etc and the Snap market place I easily have Google Maps on my Z10. There is no comparison. BeMaps 10 Pro is riddled with annoyances, the maps are so laggy that zooming in is an absolute nightmare (zoom into a giant grey screen wait 10 seconds for nothing to load), they load slowly, no turn by turn, the compass has "interference" icon is present 95% of the time. When it's not the arrow shows me pointing in about 90 degrees the wrong direction. You might think, well maybe its your phones compass? No. In Google Maps for Android "me" on the map points the right direction almost 100% of the time.

So, BeMaps 10 Pro, what is so Pro about this application? It costs money. Otherwise this application is a bit of a joke. There is nothing integrated, new, different, premium or especially effective that should make this cost $4. This was a costly work around app that simply does not make the grade anymore. This app is so bad that BellShare's website makes zero mention of it anywhere. It really seems like they have dropped all support for this application.

I submitted a ticket for a refund to Bellshare. I will let you know how that process pans out and if it is successful I will detail my process here for anyone else frustrated with this application to do the same.
    you can always get refunds from BBworld if you don't like the app

https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en
    05-08-14 09:09 AM
    Bellshare developer pfluger is a CrackBerry member, posting on the BeWeather thread. Contacting him/her might be an option too, just to see what's going on with BeMaps Pro.
    05-08-14 09:12 AM
    Well at least it isn't like Fish Labs where I bought Galaxy on Fire 2 HD for $10 last year and it is always upside down.

Contacted them 5 times over the last few months regarding this issue and never received anything other than the automated response.

The reviews show that it is happening to quite a few people...so at least you got some use out of your app - and it was less than half the price...so shush.

I rather like BeMaps 10. It is better for finding places than BB Maps despite not having its own navigation. However, it just launches BB Maps which has great navigation so I really don't mind.

Though, I don't like the lack of a favourites or bookmarks section in BeMaps 10...
    05-08-14 09:27 AM
    When I bought it, currently at a ridiculous $3.99 in the Blackberry World, getting Android Apps onto BB10 was more of a hassle than it was worth at least for me. Now in 10.2.1-etc and the Snap market place I easily have Google Maps on my Z10. There is no comparison. BeMaps 10 Pro is riddled with annoyances, the maps are so laggy that zooming in is an absolute nightmare (zoom into a giant grey screen wait 10 seconds for nothing to load), they load slowly, no turn by turn, the compass has "interference" icon is present 95% of the time. When it's not the arrow shows me pointing in about 90 degrees the wrong direction. You might think, well maybe its your phones compass? No. In Google Maps for Android "me" on the map points the right direction almost 100% of the time.

So, BeMaps 10 Pro, what is so Pro about this application? It costs money. Otherwise this application is a bit of a joke. There is nothing integrated, new, different, premium or especially effective that should make this cost $4. This was a costly work around app that simply does not make the grade anymore. This app is so bad that BellShare's website makes zero mention of it anywhere. It really seems like they have dropped all support for this application.

I submitted a ticket for a refund to Bellshare. I will let you know how that process pans out and if it is successful I will detail my process here for anyone else frustrated with this application to do the same.
    I've never had an issue with BeMaps, it does all I need of it.
    As for BellShare, their customer service sucks.
    05-08-14 09:29 AM
    BB maps dont work at all, needs 5min to load a part of a map, its just way too slow
    It does get wonky sometimes but usually starts after relaunching the app or in some cases, restablishing a data connection.

My only grouse with BB maps is that it absolutely sucks with searching for an address but works pretty well with navigating to the address once found
    05-08-14 09:53 AM
    My only grouse with BB maps is that it absolutely sucks with searching for an address but works pretty well with navigating to the address once found
    And this is precisely the gap that BeMaps Pro was intended to fill. For my purposes, it still does so effectively. There should be support, however, for people who have trouble installing or using it.
    05-08-14 10:20 AM
    Xtreme Maps wraps up Here maps (download offline map data), and google maps into an app, it's an alright app or your can just use their websites.

Xtreme Maps is made by Nemory who makes Snap2Chat, Messenger and Where's my Phone. All one of the best apps in BBworld. He is on these forums and will take requests into consideration. He is one of the best Devs for BB.
    ubizmo likes this.
    05-08-14 12:47 PM
    Why not just use regular Maps by BlackBerry. It's better then even google maps hands down and super fast. Use it constantly.

Posted by Antoniius via my sexy Gold and White Q10.
    No.
    05-08-14 02:23 PM

I will grant you that Bellshare's support is not very responsive, but this has been the case for years now, before BB10 existed.

Regardless I keep finding myself buying their apps because they often provide capabilities and features that no other competitor offers, and I willingly accept the tradeoffs in those cases.

But claiming that an app developer has some sort of obligation to you to update it in ways that you want it to be updated, and if they do not do that means that they are just operating a "cash grab" is more than a little outrageous. Especially when there is plenty of evidence that many customers, unlike you, are perfectly happy with the app. As I have stated previously, I am one of those people.

I use BeMaps 10 Pro for things that BlackBerry Maps doesn't offer, and I am very grateful to have this option. Especially for a native app from a developer that has consistently supported the platform. That is a rare and precious resource for a platform like BB10 that is struggling the way it is.

Maybe one day BB10 will be like Android and have so many people tripping over each other to release apps for it that our biggest challenge is figuring out which of the 100 or 200 choices of app that does some particular thing is the one we want.

Until that time, I'm happy to support the ones who are still with us on BB10.
    05-08-14 02:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Good luck with your support ticket. I raised one last week and within 72 hours it was closed without a response (even though their ticketing system had reported that they had updated the ticket which hadn't been).

At least one vocal person in this thread used to be a beta tester/moderator on their forums in the "good old days".

Concerning updates... Bellshare's model has always been to fix the bugs in a new release which you would typically have to purchase. #GoFigure

Oh, what happened to BeBuzz (Free) in BW? Yeap, no where to be found.

Do a search and see how many "unhappy" customers there are... #GoFigure
    05-08-14 02:39 PM
    Good luck with your support ticket. I raised one last week and within 72 hours it was closed without a response (even though their ticketing system had reported that they had updated the ticket which hadn't been).

At least one vocal person in this thread used to be a beta tester/moderator on their forums in the "good old days".

Support responsiveness has never been a high point for Bellshare in recent years.

Re: their forums... you mean the ones they shut down?

Oh, what happened to BeBuzz (Free) in BW? Yeap, no where to be found.

Do a search and see how many "unhappy" customers there are... #GoFigure

Interestingly, I tried ALL the top notification apps for BB10 - have bought licenses to 4 of them at this point - and BeBuzz turned out to be the most reliable of all of them.

Just like with Yelp reviews these days - there are always going to be people who complain about anything, and everyone's specific situation is different.

At this point, Bellshare's apps are still top-notch. Which is why I keep buying them, despite the fact that their support responsiveness is poor.
    05-08-14 02:56 PM
    Support responsiveness has never been a high point for Bellshare in recent years.

Re: their forums... you mean the ones they shut down?
    Precisely... I wonder why that happened?

Interestingly, I tried ALL the top notification apps for BB10 - have bought licenses to 4 of them at this point - and BeBuzz turned out to be the most reliable of all of them.
    Probably true.

Just like with Yelp reviews these days - there are always going to be people who complain about anything, and everyone's specific situation is different.
    Which is why the OP is entitled to his opinion. Why, do others have to bash or criticise his ost?

At this point, Bellshare's apps are still top-notch. Which is why I keep buying them, despite the fact that their support responsiveness is poor.
    In you opinion they maybe top-notch. But, probably not for others.

Their support has been near non-existant for many a year now. Hence, I stopped funding their apps... In my opinion, why pay for something where you receive near zero support and no updates without paying again?
    05-08-14 03:14 PM
    And I think all those inflammatory comments accomplish here is stirring the pot.

MANY people here have stated that they have and use the app and they like it just fine. (That includes me, by the way)

Your attempt to claim that the only reason people are disagreeing with the OP is because there is some unwritten "rule" that you "cannot criticize a known developer" is disingenuous and inflammatory.

BeMaps 10 Pro was UNIQUE at the time it was written and provided functionality that no other app provided at that time.

Trying to compare the quality of something written by a single guy who also creates and maintains a number of other high-profile BlackBerry apps to a company like Google which probably has 300 highly-paid engineers dedicated to Google Maps alone, is more than a bit ridiculous.

Google's business-model revolves around snooping as much of your personal and confidential data about everything you do in your life, and then selling it off to the highest bidder. As such, there is no such thing as a "free" Google product because they just extract value from you in a different way.

Some of us - me included - would rather pay the equivalent of a cup of coffee for the privilege of using a handy product without the implied consent to have tons of personal data be prostituted by the Giant Googleplex In The Sky.

And in the process, make a small contribution towards incentivizing the small number of native BB10 app developers that DO exist to not abandon the platform entirely, no doubt a very tempting thing when we are talking about a platform with the tiny market share BB10 has these days.

For those of us who actually want the platform to survive, it seems like a pretty obvious choice.
    I'm about to do something I've never done before...

Omni, I wholeheartedly and unreservedly agree with you.
    05-08-14 04:34 PM
    I will grant you that Bellshare's support is not very responsive, but this has been the case for years now, before BB10 existed.

Regardless I keep finding myself buying their apps because they often provide capabilities and features that no other competitor offers, and I willingly accept the tradeoffs in those cases.

But claiming that an app developer has some sort of obligation to you to update it in ways that you want it to be updated, and if they do not do that means that they are just operating a "cash grab" is more than a little outrageous. Especially when there is plenty of evidence that many customers, unlike you, are perfectly happy with the app. As I have stated previously, I am one of those people.

I use BeMaps 10 Pro for things that BlackBerry Maps doesn't offer, and I am very grateful to have this option. Especially for a native app from a developer that has consistently supported the platform. That is a rare and precious resource for a platform like BB10 that is struggling the way it is.

Maybe one day BB10 will be like Android and have so many people tripping over each other to release apps for it that our biggest challenge is figuring out which of the 100 or 200 choices of app that does some particular thing is the one we want.

Until that time, I'm happy to support the ones who are still with us on BB10.
    Well, a certain hot place must have frozen over...

I cannot believe it, I find myself agreeing with you again Omni.
    05-08-14 04:36 PM
91 1234