When I bought it, currently at a ridiculous $3.99 in the Blackberry World, getting Android Apps onto BB10 was more of a hassle than it was worth at least for me. Now in 10.2.1-etc and the Snap market place I easily have Google Maps on my Z10. There is no comparison. BeMaps 10 Pro is riddled with annoyances, the maps are so laggy that zooming in is an absolute nightmare (zoom into a giant grey screen wait 10 seconds for nothing to load), they load slowly, no turn by turn, the compass has "interference" icon is present 95% of the time. When it's not the arrow shows me pointing in about 90 degrees the wrong direction. You might think, well maybe its your phones compass? No. In Google Maps for Android "me" on the map points the right direction almost 100% of the time.

So, BeMaps 10 Pro, what is so Pro about this application? It costs money. Otherwise this application is a bit of a joke. There is nothing integrated, new, different, premium or especially effective that should make this cost $4. This was a costly work around app that simply does not make the grade anymore. This app is so bad that BellShare's website makes zero mention of it anywhere. It really seems like they have dropped all support for this application.

I submitted a ticket for a refund to Bellshare. I will let you know how that process pans out and if it is successful I will detail my process here for anyone else frustrated with this application to do the same.
    Michael Tom and Gebo like this.
    05-07-14 12:09 PM
    I actually like the app and use it all the time. I prefer native apps to android apps. I also think it's lame to call out a developer that has worked hard and made some really nice apps for BlackBerry 10. Essentially I couldn't disagree with you more.

Posted via CB10
    shaleem, ubizmo, smart548 and 13 others like this.
    05-07-14 12:14 PM
    Why not just use regular Maps by BlackBerry. It's better then even google maps hands down and super fast. Use it constantly.

Posted by Antoniius via my sexy Gold and White Q10.
    05-07-14 12:21 PM
    Never downloaded it. While not the most full featured mapping application, BlackBerry Maps had everything I need....well, except for offline maps but I can live with that lol

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-07-14 12:22 PM
    I actually like the app and use it all the time. I prefer native apps to android apps. I also think it's lame to call out a developer that has worked hard and made some really nice apps for BlackBerry 10. Essentially I couldn't disagree with you more.

Posted via CB10
    I have installed and like their weather map. Just because a developer is supporting BlackBerry doesn't mean they get a pass on quality. This is a $4 application that is worse than other free applications. The native BlackBerry maps app is a great gps but for walking biking and transit directions is does not work.

Bell share does not seem to support be maps 10. Their website doesn't list it as an application and neither do their support tickets. If they were updating it frequently and adding incentive beyond "it's native" I wouldn't be annoyed. You don't get a pass because it's native. Sorry. I still have standards and so should developers.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-07-14 12:26 PM
    When did you buy it? It was developed long before Snap was available. For a lot of people, myself included, it was, and is, a useful workaround for taking advantage of Google's search, walking, and public transit info, and being able to fork into BB Maps for turn-by-turn driving directions. For that, it works just fine.

If you don't think these capabilities are worth $4, why did you buy it? It doesn't claim to give spoken turn-by-turn directions, so you can't hold that against it.

If they no longer update it, it could be because nobody's buying it anymore, since it got easier to install Google Maps for Android.
    Omnitech, stlabrat and 00stryder like this.
    05-07-14 12:32 PM
    When I bought it, currently at a ridiculous $3.99 in the Blackberry World.
    that is you... some of us actually like the app - and the way it allows other apps to access Google maps..

There are still lots of countries that has no BBMap coverage, - even TomTom does not have some of them - and for those users, an app such as BeMaps currently fills a big gap.

about the price - I guess everything in this world is worth whatever you can get for it when selling, and quite frankly I don't see any problem with a developer asking $3.99 for an app that I use. I have a bigger issue with all the free apps popping up, where the developers have NO resources to fix/update or to provide support in the long run.

Obviously the features of BeMaps was not for you, - but that does not say that it does not work, or that it does not have functions that some of us use regularly...

BeMaps gets the job done, and allows easy way for other developers to also get their map job done - without having to develop the whole thing from scratch.
    Omnitech, Blacklatino and Soul_Est like this.
    05-07-14 12:45 PM
    I didn't say the app has zero value. I said it is a waste of money. I feel it priced insanely. Also the app barely works, when zooming the focus is often way off so you zoom to someplace very far away from your route, destination or whatever you were trying to do. Often when zooming the map just turns grey and doesn't load anything.

I would expect these things from a free application. The fact that it is paid for, it is a company with other paid apps AND it appears to be no longer supported makes it a waste of money. With paid applications you might expect regular updates or any updates for that matter.

Bellshare - Premium BlackBerry Apps

BeMaps 10 Pro/BerryMaps is not included in their current line up of products. The app is dead so there should be no expectation of having any improvements updated. Therefore it is a waste of money.

I know BeMaps is not for me but people need to be aware that his "premium" app has many flaws, bugs, and issues that will not be updated any time soon. Therefore I stand by my original assertion that this app is a waste of money.
    EagleStephen likes this.
    05-07-14 01:24 PM
    I agree. It was worth the money initially, but at this point it would appear to be a waste of money.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 01:33 PM
    Why are you piling on one of the developers who actually had faith in BlackBerry App World and developed an app to fill in one of the huge app gaps at the time when getting Google Maps on BlackBerry 10 was significantly harder? I recall the reason they did not offer turn-by-turn feature for fear of getting sued by Google. With the way BlackBerry treated app developers, it's actually hard to rationalize why any app developer should develop on the platform.
    05-07-14 01:36 PM
    Why are you piling on one of the developers who actually had faith in BlackBerry App World and developed an app to fill in one of the huge app gaps at the time when getting Google Maps on BlackBerry 10 was significantly harder? I recall the reason they did not offer turn-by-turn feature for fear of getting sued by Google. With the way BlackBerry treated app developers, it's actually hard to rationalize why any app developer should develop on the platform.
    Like I said, loyalty is nice but doesn't excuse you from critique. Yes, the app served a purpose but with a $4 dollar price tag it is currently out of date and performing poorly with no signs of life. The $4 price tag remains. I don't see any reason not hold a developer accountable for the product they have made, especially if they are charging.
    05-07-14 01:41 PM
    This thread is a greeat example of stating opinion as fact..... as some users have said... they have no issue with the app... as for those who think you should cut a dev a break just because they develop for BB.. makes no sense.. a bad android, IOS, WP8 and BB app are just that a bad app...
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-07-14 01:58 PM
    I didn't say the app has zero value. I said it is a waste of money...

Excuse my ignorance as I don't understand...
    Waste = Zero value.....
    Blacklatino and stlabrat like this.
    05-07-14 02:09 PM
    Priced insanely? $3.99? Go to Starbucks?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 02:16 PM
    This thread is a greeat example of stating opinion as fact..... as some users have said... they have no issue with the app...
    I thought making a forum post was implicitly opinion! I am just one person. Should I preface everything with IMO or "I think"? No one should read anything as fact let alone a random persons post on a forum! lol

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 02:18 PM
    Priced insanely? $3.99? Go to Starbucks?

Posted via CB10
    For an application I feel is bordering on garbage. Yes, 4 bucks is insane.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 02:18 PM
    Bemaps has not been updated in a while. Perhaps the dev doesn't feel it is worth supporting now that Google maps is easy to install

Posted via CB10
    jh07 likes this.
    05-07-14 02:24 PM

Posted via CB10

Then don't buy it.
    rthonpm, Blacklatino and stlabrat like this.
    05-07-14 02:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    You seems to be rather new here Don't criticize developers who is know from legacy BlackBerry OS on CrackBerry - you'll be crucified

Is Z10 your first BlackBerry device?
    05-07-14 02:28 PM
    Then don't buy it.
    Hindsight is 20/20. I bought it before Google maps was easily available. Suggesting someone not buy something they already bought is... interesting.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 02:29 PM
    You seems to be rather new here Don't criticize developers who is know from legacy BlackBerry OS on CrackBerry - you'll be crucified

Is Z10 your first BlackBerry device?
    No, I went from a curve 8530 to a windows phone but then it was stolen so I went back to BlackBerry with a torch and now I'm on z10 and looking forward to switching back later to a qwerty model when my upgrade comes back around.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 02:30 PM
    Should I preface everything with IMO or "I think"?
    Yes! Especially when it *IS* your opinion.
    Clarity serves the written word well.
    05-07-14 02:33 PM
    No, I went from a curve 8530 to a windows phone but then it was stolen so I went back to BlackBerry with a torch and now I'm on z10 and looking forward to switching back later to a qwerty model when my upgrade comes back around.
    Yes. Many have been here for many more years than just one.
    That's relatively new here...
    05-07-14 02:34 PM
    Hindsight is 20/20. I bought it before Google maps was easily available. Suggesting someone not buy something they already bought is... interesting.

Posted via CB10
    Before Google Maps was easily available, the app had more value. Waiting until now to trash it is...interesting.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    05-07-14 02:51 PM
    Before Google Maps was easily available, the app had more value. Waiting until now to trash it is...interesting.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    I think it makes sense. Now that there are free alternatives that perform better there is no use bearing it any longer. When it was the only option there was no point in being critical.
    05-07-14 03:02 PM
91 123 ...