Version 1.1.32 is pending approval in BlackBerry World.

If you have been added to our BlackBerry World sandbox you can download it now (see instructions in first post, content ID has changed!)

Change log:
    - Added tap and hold to bottom search result bar, shows shortcut menu including directions, turn-by-turn and share address
    - Tapping directions bar at top of map will reopen the directions details entry page to edit start/end/travel mode
    - Tapping a directions step in the directions bar at bottom of the map opens the full directions list screen and marks that step
    - Support for 'Share' command from any other app to search text in BeMaps 10
    - Improved initial map loading time
    - Added multiple help screens
    - Increased touch responsiveness for buttons in search bar/directions bar at top of map
    - Showing world view until GPS location is found
    - Info dialog before launching BlackBerry Maps for turn-by-turn can be turned off
    - Added small scrolling animation hint to search results and directions steps to show these can be traversed by swiping
    - Fixed pin being dropped on pinch-to-zoom gesture
    - Fixed crash on BlackBerry Z10 when zooming in landscape mode
    Hi, so I deleted the previous beta after the app was released and purchased the app. So with this new beta version, I followed the instructions, but now it seems I have to pay another $5 for the beta? Is this a glitch?
    08-04-13 03:59 AM
    Hi, so I deleted the previous beta after the app was released and purchased the app. So with this new beta version, I followed the instructions, but now it seems I have to pay another $5 for the beta? Is this a glitch?
    If you went through the instructions and are seeing version 1.1.32 then the pay screen will come up, but you will not actually be charged.
    the_igg likes this.
    08-04-13 04:15 AM
    Ok thanks for clearing that up. So far the update looks pretty good. Will test a bit more. But one thing I did notice straight away is that the icons for Public transit, walking and bicycle gets squeezed in the top bar when I'm searching for directions, and toggling between these different options. Will report back with more soon.
    08-04-13 04:44 AM
    Ok thanks for clearing that up. So far the update looks pretty good. Will test a bit more. But one thing I did notice straight away is that the icons for Public transit, walking and bicycle gets squeezed in the top bar when I'm searching for directions, and toggling between these different options. Will report back with more soon.
    You can download again, should be fixed. You will see version 1.1.32.3729
    08-04-13 06:17 PM
    Any way of adding a "share" feature to the directions look-up. I often look up directions to go somewhere and would love to be able to easily send the directions by email and/or BBM to someone else. I'm not sure how this would work (maybe send a Google Maps link, or maybe a text conversion of the directions), but it would be a great added feature in my opinion.
    08-06-13 10:27 AM
    Anyone with a valid sandbox account can download the latest version 1.2.18 of BeMaps now. See first post for instructions.

Changes in 1.2.18:

- Added rating and price level details to search results
    - Improved GPS update frequency while moving
    - The map now zooms out to reveal all search results
    - Added support for verbatim search (searching the text as entered)
    - Added option to hide controls to provide maximum screen real estate
    - Added many keyboard shortcuts for Q5 and Q10 (Open result/directions list, hide controls, clear result/directions, move next/prev in result/directions list)
    - 3rd party apps can now integrate with BeMaps
    playbookster likes this.
    09-11-13 04:00 AM
    Thanks, getting better, smoother, nicer, faster by each update! So far no complains! Keep it up

Posted via CB10 ~ Follow me on Twitter @TheNewsHQ for all news as it happens ~
    09-17-13 06:26 PM
107 ... 345