power tools is a bit tricky to configure at first, i learned that if you vip everything then it works properly. other than that, everything is working great. the extra functions are a nice bonus but i dont really use
    03-31-14 09:48 PM
    If all you need to do is have distinct notifications with different Sound/LED/vibrate settings for different accounts setup in Hub, that's easy.

IE I have 8 email accounts setup in hub, I could set a different color/sound/vibrate for each one if I want.
    Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking for.

Posted via CB10 / 10.2.1.1925
    03-31-14 11:18 PM
    Yes, that is exactly what I'm looking for.
    Then you've got it way easier than I, and you can use pretty much any of the apps mentioned in this thread plus Watcher, Color LED Message, and maybe one or two others.

Be advised that most of the notification apps that run headless (a feature of OS 10.2.1.xxxx and above) are kind of unreliable at this point.

To make things worse, if you do NOT have OS 10.2.1 or above on your device, the vendors of BeBuzz and Hub++ require you to run the (unreliable) headless version anyway.

Power Tools will give you a non-headless version if you are on 10.2.0 or earlier (which I like because I haven't gotten around to updating my daily driver device yet) but I've got some other issues with that app (ie high battery drain) that I need to cover with the developer when I get a few minutes to put together an email..
    cbfan123 likes this.
    04-01-14 02:14 AM
    Can any of these three assign a distinct color to a specific WhatsApp contact? I see someone figured it out for BBM Contacts (using PowerTools) in this thread...but I am down to only one BBM friend, so problem solved there! However, I have several WhatsApp contacts who I want to make purple, cyan and white, but can't seem to in either BeBuzz or Hub++ so far (haven't tried PowerTools yet, but may).

If I am wrong on BeBuzz or Hub++, please advise. If Power Tools can, please also advise... Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by M-Huck; 04-02-14 at 09:13 AM.
    04-01-14 10:13 AM
    Can any of these three assign a distinct color to a specific WhatsApp contact? I see someone figured it out for BBM Contacts (using PowerTools) in this thread...but I am down to only one BBM friend, so problem solved there! However, I have several WhatsApp contacts who I want to make green, cyan and white, but can't seem to in either BeBuzz or Hub++ so far (haven't tried PowerTools yet, but may).

If I am wrong on BeBuzz or Hub++, please advise. If Power Tools can, please also advise... Thanks in advance!

What OS are you on? Have you looked in the native notification settings under either "Other Applications" (OS 10.2.0 and prior) or under "Applications/Other Applications" (OS 10.2.1 and above)?

(Edit: Sorry, native notifications cannot customize LED color, but they can customize tone, vibrate, etc.)
    04-01-14 07:58 PM
    What OS are you on? Have you looked in the native notification settings under either "Other Applications" (OS 10.2.0 and prior) or under "Applications/Other Applications" (OS 10.2.1 and above)?

(Edit: Sorry, native notifications cannot customize LED color, but they can customize tone, vibrate, etc.)
    Am on 10.2.2228 T-Mobile update. I've tried Whatsapp and Hub++ so far. I've accomplised it on both by de-friending three Whatsapp contacts so my one friend gets her purple light-up on my Q10. Did the same thing to the one friend who prioritizes BBM (he gets Cyan).

Quick! Help me before I run out of friends! There must be a better way!!!! I'd like to be able to let my wife WhatsApp me and get the color white...(advice telling me to drive her to another messaging platform, or, less dramatically, to cease communicating with her, will be considered as last resorts).
    04-02-14 09:11 AM
    Then you've got it way easier than I, and you can use pretty much any of the apps mentioned in this thread plus Watcher, Color LED Message, and maybe one or two others.

Be advised that most of the notification apps that run headless (a feature of OS 10.2.1.xxxx and above) are kind of unreliable at this point.

To make things worse, if you do NOT have OS 10.2.1 or above on your device, the vendors of BeBuzz and Hub++ require you to run the (unreliable) headless version anyway.

Power Tools will give you a non-headless version if you are on 10.2.0 or earlier (which I like because I haven't gotten around to updating my daily driver device yet) but I've got some other issues with that app (ie high battery drain) that I need to cover with the developer when I get a few minutes to put together an email..
    I am currently running 10.2.1.1925. I'm not surprised if the headless versions are somewhat unreliable as 10.2.1 is relatively new to the market, but it's good know either anyway. Thanks again for the info.

Posted via CB10 / 10.2.1.1925
    04-02-14 11:50 AM
    Power tools is like 7 apps in one.

if you just want to compare the led notification. Powertools has geo-monitoring meaning the phone will change the notifications settings based on locations. Hub ++ is not doing that yet.

I think Powertools is a better app as it does other things aside from notifications.

Posted via CB10
    Most of the features and differences of Powertools were already covered, however perhaps this can be helpful for someone.
    The geofencing work only with GPS, and not cell IDs. That means that GPS gets activated quite often, and can reduce your battery life, especially when you're inside the building.
    Quite disappointing, as Profile Pro by the same developer has this option.
    I did not have to go through the configuration too long: Powertools got deleted quite soon after the purchase.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 05:43 AM
    Geofencing is in my opinion that's how the entire notification profile should be based on.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 07:15 AM
    Geofencing is in my opinion that's how the entire notification profile should be based on.

Posted via CB10
    But let the user be able to choose how often should GPS be refreshing...
    Or give the choice between GPS and cell ID, as Profile Pro by the same dev.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 07:28 AM
    The thing is I also use Geofencing for automatically sending emails/ sms to inform someone or check in on fb when I arrive or leave a place.

I have Geofencing on almost all the time cause of it. I use the app called "on location" for this.

I noticed my battery does not last much anyways either with Geofencing on or off.

The battery duration on the z10 is a joke.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 11:15 PM
    Is it the case that when using any of these programs one loses the useful actionable lock screen notifications brought in with OS 10.2?
    04-07-14 05:33 AM
    have read most of the posts and cannot come to a definite answer on a power tools feature - i want missed call notification by sound - if thats led as well then fine - but is the sound feature in power tools - i know it is in Bebuzz - but all the other features in powertools are worth having if it has sound notification for missed calls etc

and if it is there is it fully configurable - custom sounds - duration etc
    10-05-14 04:06 PM
    Sounds notification is in Powertools and can be set to repeat after duration and repeat. I use it all the time instead of led.

Description just says LED's, but it's more and powerful.

I had be buzz and hub++ and Powertools blew then both away, great investment

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 07:27 PM
    Sounds notification is in Powertools and can be set to repeat after duration and repeat. I use it all the time instead of led.

Description just says LED's, but it's more and powerful.

I had be buzz and hub++ and Powertools blew then both away, great investment

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 07:32 PM
    well i bought power tools and it certainly looks the business - however have not got the missed call sounds working yet - thats me i think as i have not really looked but the wallpaper changer which is one of the bits i wanted to work and have tried is not playing as i think it should - set it up for a change every minute just to test it with 6 pictures and it does not change if the phone is left on the homescreen - go to any other screen and the change icon comes up and the wallpaper changes - go back to the homescreen and its the new wallpaper but again leave it on the homescreen and it does not change

i always ask the question - what am i doing wrong - or is that it by design - have mailed help who has asked a few questions but has not confirmed if what i am seeing is correct - if it is am disappointed
    10-06-14 03:43 PM
    I have had Powertools since before it was headless. I picked it after considering reviews of all on offer, along with trying a few free versions of others.

I have the LED set up to mimic my Nortel mobile from the 90s (but combining lighter shades too for data reception).

Geofencing is handy as it turns sounds off in my house, switches wifi on in the main places I use it (although is only offering a message advising to close it when I leave), & sets my phone to silent when placed face down, doing a quick burst of flashes for calls.

I probably could get even more out of it as it has become far larger since I bought it, but I'm waiting for the 10.3 enhancements to activate first, saving me doing it twice (the enhancements already show, but don't work yet).

5mm thicker & 3x battery life?
    10-06-14 04:52 PM
    Does this app allow for the network led to flash ie like the older bb's had...usually a flashing green led.

Been using Bebuzz pro on my z30 and z10 and it works perfectly well but since getting my passport last week. Bebuzz doesn't work anymore and don't know when the dev will update it.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 06:24 PM
    HUB++ green LED for WiFi coverage works on OS 10.3.x
    10-07-14 05:45 AM
    This is my first BlackBerry, as bb10 works in countries without BlackBerry services readily available.

I have it slowly flasing green for voice signal, twice that rate in red for no voice signal, flashing light green for data & pink for no data; if that is the type of thing you mean.

5mm thicker & 3x battery life?
    10-07-14 06:40 AM
    Does this app allow for the network led to flash ie like the older bb's had...usually a flashing green led.

Been using Bebuzz pro on my z30 and z10 and it works perfectly well but since getting my passport last week. Bebuzz doesn't work anymore and don't know when the dev will update it.

Posted via CB10
    I too have a Passport and would be grateful to anyone who can confirm the functionality of Power Tools on this device.
    10-08-14 04:08 AM
    Power tools works fine on the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 08:20 AM
72 123