Now that BeBuzz 2.0 is headless has anyone happened to use all three BeBuzz, Power Tools and HUB++?

What are the pro's and con's of each? functionality wise, stability, feature set, etc

Or if you've only used one of them what are your personal experiences and thoughts
    03-13-14 08:02 AM
    Going to purchase one, have the same question as the OP.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 06:44 PM
    I only need an app that allows me to use green and blue as additional colours for my LED, nothing more. I purchased Hub++ because it had good ratings, looked straightforward and had headless support. The setup was a bit of a hassle and there weren't any good instructions within the app, other than a small and inconspicuous popup. Once I got it working, I discovered that it wasn't quite what I expected. The LED just blinks too quickly, in my opinion. That would not be a huge problem if you at least could customise the duration, but you can only choose between up to 50 blinks (which lasts a couple of minutes) or indefinitely (i.e. until you respond to the notification). I miss something in between, like a duration of at least 15 minutes like the BlackBerry default. Other than that I found that the app is unreliable at times and I never got the flip-to-silent function working (which seems really useful).

I haven't tried BeBuzz or Power Tools yet, as I am reluctant to spend/waste money on another app. But I might give it a shot if someone could tell me whether these apps are (1) more reliable and (2) offer some more options for the LED, especially the duration.
    nothingworks likes this.
    03-13-14 09:33 PM
    I used BeBuzz on Legacy and upon switching quickly made sure to get it again. I grabbed Hub++ shortly after to compare to myself and found myself going back to BeBuzz for these reasons:

1. LED customization - You can control everything: colour, speed, duration with BeBuzz whereas Hub++ is very limited to just colour and when it shuts off.
    2. Vibration customization - BeBuzz always had the option for a super quick and short vibration. Perfect for text and BBM because I get them a lot. Hub++ also has this feature now but I prefer the duration BeBuzz offers.
    3. Stability - I haven't had any issues with BeBuzz whereas Hub++ went through spotty phases (especially upon initial headless release).
    4. Active Frame - while not applicable now, I have always preferred the style of BeBuzz's active frame (using battery meter, time remaining options)
    5. Interface - BeBuzz is slightly easier to set up your desired style to. Hub++ is a bit scattered in that regard.

Hub++ is still a good app and the developer is far more helpful and willing to implement features from user input, whereas BeBuzz is going at their own pace regardless of what the user asks.

While both offer the same service, IMHO BeBuzz does it just a tad better.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 11:16 PM
    I've had all three, and I prefer Powertools. If your into an active frame then bebuzz... but Powertools offers led notifications plus so much more...

Posted via CB10
    Smiley88, dracolnyte and piquepoc like this.
    03-14-14 02:25 PM
    I have all 3 and the winner is power tools.

Reasoning,

bebuzz no support to issues, can even google and see yourself, buggy. Headless stops working at times.

Hub+, supports product but no innovation to adding to app. 2nd recommended if you just need led it'd perfect.

Power tools, email support get quick answers, supports and adds to product all the time. Takes some time to setup but we'll worth it. Great led, audio notification, plus a lot extras

Posted via CB10
    Smiley88 and skynny70 like this.
    03-15-14 02:37 PM
    I have all 3 and the winner is power tools.

Reasoning,

bebuzz no support to issues, can even google and see yourself, buggy. Headless stops working at times.

Hub+, supports product but no innovation to adding to app. 2nd recommended if you just need led it'd perfect.

Power tools, email support get quick answers, supports and adds to product all the time. Takes some time to setup but we'll worth it. Great led, audio notification, plus a lot extras

Posted via CB10
    I've heard the best things so far about Power Tools so I just bought it a few minutes ago. So far so good and I really like all the customizations you can do. I have to dog a bit deeper but I don't think I can easily use the stock tones... instead it seems I need to use theirs. Not a big deal but I do like some of the new BB10 tones (plus I'm used to them now)

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.2141 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
    skynny70 likes this.
    03-16-14 01:00 PM
    I've heard the best things so far about Power Tools so I just bought it a few minutes ago. So far so good and I really like all the customizations you can do.
    To what extent can you customise LED frequency and duration? Is it possible to set it to 15 minutes?
    03-16-14 03:35 PM
    ^ You can set the 'blinking' frequency from 100ms to 5 seconds and the blink duration from 10 times to forever.

BeBuzz vs Power Tools vs HUB++?-img_20140316_165417.png

Posted via CB10 using Z30, 10.2.1.####
    Last edited by pmccartney; 03-16-14 at 04:06 PM.
    SteelGreek and anon8656116 like this.
    03-16-14 03:54 PM
    ^ You can set the 'blinking' frequency from 100ms to 5 seconds and the blink duration from 10 times to forever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140316_165417.png 
Views:	2460 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	255686

Posted via CB10 using Z30, 10.2.1.1925
    Beat me to it

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.2228 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
    anon8656116 likes this.
    03-16-14 04:04 PM
    How much better are these apps compared to Watcher?

C0015B221 All about making Wine kits.
    03-16-14 04:16 PM
    Seriously? Watcher has only 1/4 of what power tools have. I don't think the developer is even updating it anymore.
    03-16-14 04:40 PM
    Myself, I need reminders for missed calls and text messages. So I choose BeBuzz because I can also change the reminder tone to something more subtle then the first notification.

Posted by a proud NRA supporter
    03-16-14 04:47 PM
    Seriously? Watcher has only 1/4 of what power tools have. I don't think the developer is even updating it anymore.
    ...but... power tools should have the active frame and superbar options put back . Headless or not.

Posted via CB10 using Z30, 10.2.1.####
    tryfe likes this.
    03-16-14 04:51 PM
    Try out the free version of bebuzz first, if you like it then upgrade to the pro version

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Q10
    03-16-14 04:54 PM
    Ya! Seriously! That's why I asked!
    Thanks I guess for whatever this comment was attempting to accomplish.

I do however actually appreciate the 2 following comments that have a less condescending tone and some value.

C0015B221 All about making Wine kits.
    03-16-14 07:04 PM
    I've heard the best things so far about Power Tools so I just bought it a few minutes ago. So far so good and I really like all the customizations you can do. I have to dog a bit deeper but I don't think I can easily use the stock tones... instead it seems I need to use theirs. Not a big deal but I do like some of the new BB10 tones (plus I'm used to them now)

With HUB++, you can use stock tones!

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.2141 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
    SteelGreek likes this.
    03-17-14 12:50 AM
    I have used BeBuzz across three different BB devices and always been a fan. However, the one thing I have always wanted was to customize the LED for BBM contacts and with the announcement that Power Tools now has this functionality I am considering trying it.

For those that have used both Power Tools and BeBuzz Pro is there anything I will miss from BeBuzz if I switch to Power Tools as far as LED notifications are concerned? I want to have different colors for Missed calls, BBM, SMS, Incoming calls, two email accounts, calendar reminders, Blaq, Facebook, and one color for a specific contact. I would prefer to keep the BB10 tones I have already set as I am used to them and what the indicate but could get over that most likely.

Thanks for any insight offered up.
    03-19-14 10:17 AM
    Can I just get an update on which is better between Hub++ and Power tools? I've been using Bebuzz Pro and it sux to high heaven. Do the other two actually work?

And by "work" I mean do they provide a good notification system without the user having to spend days setting them up, problem solving and constantly manicuring them.

Any feedback would be great but please note the above qualifier!
    03-27-14 03:32 AM
    Can I just get an update on which is better between Hub++ and Power tools? I've been using Bebuzz Pro and it sux to high heaven. Do the other two actually work?

And by "work" I mean do they provide a good notification system without the user having to spend days setting them up, problem solving and constantly manicuring them.

Any feedback would be great but please note the above qualifier!
    I have no problems with Power Tools now that there has been an update. Some features didn't work well prior but a lot has been fixed. I didn't set up a ton of customizations (3 email accounts, sms, and a few contacts).

I guess it all depends on what you think is a long time to set up. Like I posted before I wish I could have the stock tones as well as the custom PT ones.

Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.2228 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
    03-27-14 09:26 AM
    Thanks. I'm not so much concerned with set-up time as with having to come up with fixes and work arounds. I May give Power Tools a go.
    03-27-14 10:51 AM
    Power tools has been reliable for me since download a few weeks ago.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 01:51 PM
    there is one feature that i would like to have, vibration reminder after x amount of minutes... i have seen tone reminder, but that doesn't work for me, i prefer to have a vibration as reminder... since any of these apps have it i am afraid that maybe it's not possible by os limitations...
    03-27-14 02:17 PM
    there is one feature that i would like to have, vibration reminder after x amount of minutes... i have seen tone reminder, but that doesn't work for me, i prefer to have a vibration as reminder... since any of these apps have it i am afraid that maybe it's not possible by os limitations...
    In Power Tools you can set the Repeat x minutes until you read, delete or stop the LED/Sound. This will continue to blink the LED, play the ringtone and vibrate.
    03-27-14 03:44 PM
    Power Tools is now on sale until Apr 3 for only $1.99

Get it here Power Tools - BlackBerry World
    03-27-14 03:55 PM
72 123