I bought the app some time ago and found that it worked some times but most of the times it doesn't work. To me that says it still needs work to be a complete app. I sent them my concerns and wrote a review. The review never showed up so I wrote another, that too never showed up.

Naturally, those reviews were very negative. I started to wonder why their rating was that high when their app didn't quite work correctly, so, I paid attention to the reviews on their app. To my shock and horror most of the negative reviews are removed, just yesterday there were a couple of negative reviews that magically disappeared.

No wonder their rating is this 'impressive'.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mod9; 06-12-14 at 01:49 AM.
    rai187 likes this.
    06-11-14 12:05 AM
    I have seen this in BlackBerry World many times. Some of my reviews have also not been posted, I can't believe they are allowed to do this either.

One dev said he deletes negative reviews if the negativity is something which is going to be fixed in the future LOL. If only life was like that heh !!

Here is a link which helps for genuine cases... https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en
    06-11-14 03:40 AM
    It's very hard to believe that BB allows the developers to decide whether or not a review gets posted. This would be outrageous.
    BB to review reviews first, to disallow racist/offensive or otherwise inappropriate comments - OK. But the developers themselves to choose which review suits their taste?
    06-11-14 04:00 AM
    Actually they have been cracking down on developers and refusing to remove reviews *unless* they can be considered offensive.

Reviews take 24 hrs to actually appear in some cases as someone at bbry office has to approve every review we submit. And if you are a sandbox user they will never appear.

In addition they may (blackberry) reject a review based on certain words. So if you use Android in your comment - they may not approve it.

Developers should be on lock down right now.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-11-14 09:24 AM
    A few other points - I'm not affiliated with be buzz so no idea how he behaves. But I only report reviews if they are something I wouldn't want a 6 year old to see.

With that said - some devs have been overzealous. But there IS change coming down the pipe from blackberry

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-11-14 09:26 AM
    IMO there is a problem with reviews in BlackBerry World right now.
    You can edit your review, but if you downloaded an update, you can only write a new one.
    Now imagine yourself a situation:
    You rated some app with one star. Then you contacted the dev, describing your issue. The dev fixed this issue and released an update. Now you are fully satisfied with the app and you rate it with five stars. But your old 1star review is still there! As a result your total mark for the app you are fully satisfied of is 3*.

Now tell me, is it fair for the dev in this particular situation? Did he asked you to pi** of with your problems? Did it took him several months to release an update? If this is the case, then his app deserve 1 to 3 stars, but if he was polite, constructive and helpful, if he released an update after several days. Why his app is rated with 3 stars?

This is only one part of the problem. There is much can be done to improve review system, so it could be more useful for both customers and devs. But it is really a neverending story.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 09:58 AM
    I know exactly how long reviews take before they appear, I have bought and posted reviews for other apps. No, I am not a sandbox user.

Thirdly, the reviews that I saw were straightforward and to the point, nothing unrelated to the app.
    06-11-14 10:12 AM
    Has anyone used "Sayit?" After upgrade get message "I cannot get your voice. Please try again." No answer orally. On BB app list looks like it was it not available. Works in a limited fashion. Not quite "Seri."
    06-11-14 12:18 PM
    with Regards to Bellshare their support though blackberry world has always left something to be desired. however Plfuger has usually been active in the forums specifically in the app they are working on at the time. I know with BeBuzz there were a lot of issues when the app went headless some thing just didn't work and still don't but they worked with me an a lot of other users to get the app stable you may want to check out the thread see if your issue has been brought up maybe there is a fix.

I think the blackberry world review system sucks overall. People give negative review because they want features that were never stated as part of the app. Dev just remove everything negative. it is far from a reliable system to base any opinion on.
    06-12-14 07:46 AM
    Welcome to the corrupt blackberru world

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 10:52 AM
    I've commented on several apps in BBW in that past year and none of them ever showed up. Even days later while others that were newer piled up. All of mine have been positive with brief suggestions only - nothing that was any worse (usually much better) than the ones that did show up.

So, I don't know what the deal is.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 10:26 AM
    I've commented on several apps in BBW in that past year and none of them ever showed up. Even days later while others that were newer piled up. All of mine have been positive with brief suggestions only - nothing that was any worse (usually much better) than the ones that did show up.

So, I don't know what the deal is.

Posted via CB10
    Some people they filter for some reason at bbry level. No idea why either.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-13-14 11:27 AM
    I know exactly how long reviews take before they appear, I have bought and posted reviews for other apps. No, I am not a sandbox user.

Thirdly, the reviews that I saw were straightforward and to the point, nothing unrelated to the app.
    I wasn't implying it's your fault or there isn't something fishy . I have no interest in the be buzz folks and I'm not connected to them - so no love lost there.

But BBRY world is supposed to be cracking down heavily on review removals by devs. If they are getting them through then bbry is playing some kind of favoritism.

Posted via CB from my LE
    06-13-14 11:29 AM