I have always used BeBuzz to manage my notifications for everthing (email/sms/bbm/reminders/phone call). BeBuzz as most people know allows you to set up what you want based on the profile. Will BeBuzz be available at launch? Will 10 have profiles to set up? In otherwords some kind of profile set up interacting with BeBuzz
    01-21-13 03:16 PM
    I was thinking about the exact same thing a few days ago. I'm hoping that they were able to port their application over to BB10. I don't see why they would not. Essentially, the market is exactly the same, as long as there is an LED on the phone.
    01-21-13 03:20 PM
    I use BeBuzz as well. I did notice that 7.1 had the option to change LED colour for specific people as well. Not sure how long that has been there for?
    01-21-13 03:45 PM
    Yes BlackBerry 10 will have profiles, you can set each application. I have attached images for notifications settings. You will be able to set 3rd party notifications.
    Attached Thumbnails BeBuzz / Profiles on 10?-img_00000311.jpg   BeBuzz / Profiles on 10?-img_00000312.jpg   BeBuzz / Profiles on 10?-img_00000313.jpg   BeBuzz / Profiles on 10?-img_00000314.jpg  
    ThaMunsta, Masahiro and austriker like this.
    01-21-13 03:58 PM
    Has anyone emailed BeBuzz yet to see if they will support BB10 @ launch?
    01-21-13 04:02 PM
    Reminders! Yes!!
    01-21-13 04:47 PM
    Has anyone emailed BeBuzz yet to see if they will support BB10 @ launch?
    Any word?
    01-21-13 06:32 PM
    Looks like you can't change the LED colour by default though.... or so it seems...
    01-21-13 07:46 PM
    Looks like you can't change the LED colour by default though.... or so it seems...
    Hopefully it will be in the release software
    01-21-13 09:58 PM
    What about on-screen pop-ups like Bepopup gives you? I know the newest BeBuzz was supposed to add that feature into the main app, but it never worked on my 9800 (and several others from the posts about it in the BB apps forum that BellShare basically ignored), so I went back to the previous version of BeBuzz, and reloaded Bepopup.

Something about toasts in BB10 was talked about months ago, but nothing recently, and nothing about it was in the 100 page settings slide show on BGR. Was that abandoned?
    01-21-13 11:52 PM
    What about on-screen pop-ups like Bepopup gives you? I know the newest BeBuzz was supposed to add that feature into the main app, but it never worked on my 9800 (and several others from the posts about it in the BB apps forum that BellShare basically ignored), so I went back to the previous version of BeBuzz, and reloaded Bepopup.

Something about toasts in BB10 was talked about months ago, but nothing recently, and nothing about it was in the 100 page settings slide show on BGR. Was that abandoned?
    Probably one of the big surprises...since that patent was pretty sweeeeeeeeet to look it for when it came down to seeing messages. Very sneaky!
    01-22-13 02:20 AM
    I'd be surprised if you can't. This functionality is present in later builds of OS 7.1.
    01-22-13 03:23 AM
    With the recent port-a-thon, I've spent quite a bit of time digging through the developer documentation and testing various APIs.
    Currently, what BeBuzz does as a 3rd party app on Java BBs will not be possible on BB10.

BB10 does not currently have an API that allows for a "faceless" app to run background services.
    To have any app running background services, it would have to be one of the 8 open apps on the app screen.

Then comes the next issue:
    I also haven't yet found a method where an open, minimized app can interrupt system events (eg. incoming call) or interrupt the current full-screen'd app. I don't think this is currently possible either.

As far as the LED is concerned, because of these API limitations, you would have to assume that RIM will include the ability to customize the LED within the core UI. It only makes sense IMO.
    kolok likes this.
    01-22-13 10:00 AM
    With the recent port-a-thon, I've spent quite a bit of time digging through the developer documentation and testing various APIs.
    Currently, what BeBuzz does as a 3rd party app on Java BBs will not be possible on BB10.

BB10 does not currently have an API that allows for a "faceless" app to run background services.
    To have any app running background services, it would have to be one of the 8 open apps on the app screen.

I also haven't yet found a method where an open, minimized app can interrupt system events (eg. incoming call) or interrupt the current full-screen'd app. I don't think this is currently possible either.

As far as the LED is concerned, because of these API limitations, you would have to assume that RIM will include the ability to customize the LED within the core UI. It only makes sense IMO.
    Wow. Much thanks for the deep research my friend. Hopefull, there is some kind of RIM solution that allows us to manipulate the LED. At least that is my hope.
    01-22-13 10:29 AM

Ugh. This is what I was most afraid of. I like using "utility" apps on os7. Hopefully RIM expands on native functionality and adds details like vibrating when someone picks up the phone.
    01-22-13 10:30 AM
    I'd be surprised if you can't. This functionality is present in later builds of OS 7.1.
    i agree. i dropped bebuzz after they wanted to charge me to update like a week after i paid for a license from them.
    the stock led options on 7.1 serve me nicely with no need for a third party app

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-22-13 10:47 AM
    The screen shots of 10 notification set up dont look too bad and probably will work. What I think I will miss is the Repeat Feature that Bebuzz offers. I really use that . Anyone know if 10 will have a repeat function for noifications?
    Last edited by rain3man; 01-22-13 at 03:32 PM.
    01-22-13 02:42 PM
    The screen shots of 10 notification set up dont look too bad and probably will work. What I think I will miss is the Repeat Feature that Bebuzz offers. I really use that . Anyone know if 10 will have a repeat function for noifications?

This is a good question. I relied heavily on the repeat feature bebuzz offered when I had my BB device... I always found it kinda strange that blackberry never offered this as a native feature in the os. when I have seen other smart and even non smart phones have this feature... makes me upset. all be happy if they actually offer colour changing led options... im not expecting a reminder buzz though ):
    02-14-13 01:04 PM
    Absolutely right. I'd like to be really excited for the Q10, but so far it looks like a lot of the features I rely on have been taken out of the core OS.
    02-14-13 10:10 PM
    What no apps running in background???? I've already learnt u can't save apps on sd card now it's gone from bad to worse :/

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 04:25 PM
    Wow! Verizon hasn't released the new Z10 yet, but I am REALLY hoping that BeBuzz or AOS LED gets released for the BB10 OS. I rely on it heavily. Being on-call I use my BB as my pager. BeBuzz allowed me to set reminders (in case I missed a page). Prior versions of BB also allowed me to create a profile that I use at night so only my pager and phone worked -everything else was silenced.
    To all the current Z10 owners, have you found anything similar that will allow these settings?
    datgurl likes this.
    03-05-13 07:35 PM
    r AOS LED gets released for the BB10 OS
    It's gotta be Bebuzz as I read the creator of AOS isn't porting over his program to bb10.
    03-05-13 08:24 PM
    Wow! Verizon hasn't released the new Z10 yet, but I am REALLY hoping that BeBuzz or AOS LED gets released for the BB10 OS. I rely on it heavily. Being on-call I use my BB as my pager. BeBuzz allowed me to set reminders (in case I missed a page). Prior versions of BB also allowed me to create a profile that I use at night so only my pager and phone worked -everything else was silenced.
    To all the current Z10 owners, have you found anything similar that will allow these settings?
    Unless a miracle happens between now and the US launch, you're going to be disappointed. Sorry.
    03-05-13 08:32 PM
    I don't think developers have access to the tools they need to create bebuzz type background applications. Yet.
    03-05-13 08:51 PM
    I don't think the APIs' are available yet for developers to input their 3rd party apps.
    03-06-13 07:09 AM
34 12