What parts of the BeBuzz functionality are you generally using? LED, Sound, Vibrate, Text-to-Speech? E-Mail, text, phone calls, missed calls? BBM or any items from the BeBuzz apps tab? How many contacts do you have in BeBuzz?
    LED, and virtually everything separately set up. That is I have all LED notifications off in the system settings and use BeBuzz for all of it. I don't use it for vibrate or sound, because BeBuzz goes through the media interface (and its volume setting) and I want sounds through the notification interface (and its sound), and in addition I can already customize that through system settings.

I only have a few contacts (a half-dozen) in BeBuzz but all of the main app categories are separately set for different LED colors and cadences, so I can at a glance know if I have a twitter, facebook, email (and from which account) or text, plus missed calls. I also have the app giving me a vibrate on call connect and disconnect, along with the no-service indicator flashing a distinct pattern as well.

I've had a couple of instances where it has silently stopped, but other than that it's been flawless.
    02-03-14 06:52 AM
    When is it looking like we could expect a headless version for the general public?
    02-03-14 02:04 PM
    I'm also curious when this is coming. My wife upgraded to a Z30 from a 9900 the other week, and when looking for an LED app, she went with Hub++ cause its already headless.
    02-05-14 12:01 PM
    Isn't Hub++ having some issues lately being headless?

I'm also curious when this is coming. My wife upgraded to a Z30 from a 9900 the other week, and when looking for an LED app, she went with Hub++ cause its already headless.
    02-05-14 09:32 PM
    Isn't Hub++ having some issues lately being headless?

Most of the notification app developers seem to be having reliability issues with headless, though Hub++ seems to be working for most people at this point.

Indications are that there are some serious OS bugs in this area.

Also, conflicts with other headless apps.
    aming63 likes this.
    02-05-14 10:03 PM
    The main n issue with headless apps is the memory limit gas given to them, if I'm not mistaken headless apps can use no more then 3MB of memory
    aming63 likes this.
    02-05-14 10:29 PM
    The main n issue with headless apps is the memory limit gas given to them, if I'm not mistaken headless apps can use no more then 3MB of memory

I thought it was 5MB but regardless, it is smart for Blackberry to keep a handle on those things (other requirements include low battery drain and CPU usage and no sneaky/malicious stuff), otherwise we would end up like Android and have all this cr*p running in the background without our knowledge, either screwing the device performance or spying on things or both.
    its Steve, Dave XII and the_igg like this.
    02-06-14 03:46 AM
    Interesting, and good to know. Haven't heard any complaints yet though, so I'm assuming Hub++ on wife's phone is ok (so far)
    02-06-14 09:13 AM
    I had problems with Hub++ in headless mode. It would close itself (or BB10 closed it) without me know. And every other time I try and launch Hub++ it reboots my phone. So I'm back to tried-and-true BeBuzz, but I sure wish it would go headless.
    02-06-14 10:54 AM
    I had problems with Hub++ in headless mode. It would close itself (or BB10 closed it) without me know. And every other time I try and launch Hub++ it reboots my phone. So I'm back to tried-and-true BeBuzz, but I sure wish it would go headless.
    Saw something in the hub++ regarding this issue, a conflict with power tools or something... another headless app.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 12:38 PM
    Saw something in the hub++ regarding this issue, a conflict with power tools or something... another headless app.
    Just for the record. My friend has both Hub++ and Power Tools in his Z30, and he has no problem, so far.
    02-06-14 05:32 PM
    Just for the record. My friend has both Hub++ and Power Tools in his Z30, and he has no problem, so far.
    And I don't have Power Tools and do have a problem.

Maybe it's like the old Michael Keaton Batman where it was random combinations of products that created problems. With Hub++, or maybe all headless apps, there some combination of apps that might cause problems. And the combination may be different for everyone. Sigh.

Guess we need to stay on topic in this BeBuzz thread.
    02-06-14 06:52 PM
    Maybe it's like the old Michael Keaton Batman where it was random combinations of products that created problems.

With computer technology it is virtually never "random". It only SEEMS random when you don't know enough about how the technology works or the different variables at play, to understand why something works sometimes and not others.

It seems that there are probably some issues with the OS and headless apps, quite possibly OS bugs. Most of the developers working on headless notification apps seem to be having reliability issues of various kinds.
    02-06-14 07:31 PM
    I fele like giving Hub++ a second chance on the weekend. I am very eager to experience the headless mode. Not sure what the problem with BeBuzz is since Beta testing environment is very restricted as such as communication.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 12:46 AM
    Any word on how long this beta is going to last? I'm getting itchy with no leaks coming down the pipe.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 01:19 AM
    Any word on how long this beta is going to last? I'm getting itchy with no leaks coming down the pipe.
    Agreed. And since Hub++ is now working for me, I might be done with BeBuzz until it goes headless.
    02-07-14 02:16 PM
    Pfluger, would you/could you please remove me from the Beta? I love the app, but I keep missing too many notifications when it quits on me. I need to go back to the release version until the whole headless thing gets figured out, and i can't download that one any more while I'm registered for the Beta.

*This is NOT a knock on Bebuzz - I love the app, and the coming enhancements will make it even better. I just need it to stay running all the time for me and not shut down unless I close it intentionally*
    02-08-14 09:17 AM
    Agreed. And since Hub++ is now working for me, I might be done with BeBuzz until it goes headless.
    Bebuzz is headless...?

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 11:12 AM
    No not yet were waiting for it to come out of beta testing

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 11:13 AM
    please i need bebuzz
    blackberry z10
    id:89840486040573893817
    pin:24e4db83
    my dievice os stl100-3/10.2.1.1055
    thank you.
    02-09-14 12:45 AM
    please i need bebuzz
    blackberry z10
    id:89840486040573893817
    pin:24e4db83
    my dievice os stl100-3/10.2.1.1055
    thank you.
    Bebuzz is still available to download in BlackBerry World.

Sent from my Z30 or Surface Pro 2
    allwi likes this.
    02-09-14 09:01 AM
    I also tried Hub++ and had the same results. It would stop working and when I tried to open it the phone would reboot. I uninstalled it.
    02-10-14 07:55 AM
    Yep!

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 10:27 AM
    It's a memory issue. If you use it strictly for the led it will not close. Let the os handle all other notifications. Unfortunately I think the os is need a higher limitation set for it to use all features headless. Just using the led alone uses 3.36megs of memory and that's just for apps and 1 custom contact.

http://www.change.org/petitions/t-mo...-amazing-phone !!!!!spread the word!!!! http://www.petitions24.com/attz30
    02-11-14 09:45 PM
    Hub++ has no issues at all. It works perfectly. Dunno why it's taking bebuzz so long.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    02-12-14 12:35 AM
876 ... 2425262728 ...