The mysterious pink led could be the notifications (bell icon) in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 09:06 AM
    Using the latest update on Q10 x.1925
    The sound notification when system is idle (screen dark) emits a "crackle" or distorted first chirp, then normalizes. This hadn't occurred on previous builds.
    Also...I have BBM set to color white. When a BBM arrives, the LED will initially flash red then switch quickly to white. Again, this is new with the most recent beta.
    01-08-14 11:25 AM
    The mysterious pink led could be the notifications (bell icon) in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Is not because it doesn't trigger with any type of notifications just with some specific apps once you open them
    01-08-14 12:13 PM
    Using the latest update on Q10 x.1925
    The sound notification when system is idle (screen dark) emits a "crackle" or distorted first chirp, then normalizes. This hadn't occurred on previous builds.
    Also...I have BBM set to color white. When a BBM arrives, the LED will initially flash red then switch quickly to white. Again, this is new with the most recent beta.
    This happened to me when i had both bebuzz and system notifications enabled at the same time. Check out the settings and disable sound/led for bbm and the other apps you have assigned led/sounds in bebuzz.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 01:08 PM
    Any news on the release? Or can I join the bets somehow?

Many thanks,

Steven.

? via CB10 app on my BlackBerry Q10?
    01-08-14 01:38 PM
    For me that pink led is definitely the notification (bell icon). It may be something else too...but definitely the bell icon.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 05:02 PM
    Found it!! Will dee tomorrow how good it works. Thxxxx

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 05:27 PM
    For clarification: To everyone who posted about bugs on this page of the thread, did the problems only start recently or since the beginning?
    I'm facing the problem of random BBM group sound alerts from beginning...

Sent by Sanjiv from my BlackBerry Q10 using Vodafone, Gujarat, India. Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925.
    01-09-14 04:17 AM
    I'm facing the problem of random BBM group sound alerts from beginning...

Sent by Sanjiv from my BlackBerry Q10 using Vodafone, Gujarat, India. Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925.
    That's not because of this app though. I experience them also. And I'm not running the app.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 05:42 AM
    @pfluger

Okay a few things I have found to help make this app better:

1. Why is there no calendar support? Is this because BlackBerry has not exposed the APIs to event reminder alerts? One very important thing to be reminded of is calendar events...

2. Why can't we repeat a vibration reminder? For instance I get a BBM and I want a reminder that I have an unread BBM but I don't want an audio alert that will bother anyone, I want just a quick vibration. Is there no way we can create a recurring vibration alert? Using vibration has so many benefits, if in your pocket you feel it, when on the desk or near by you hear it. So its kind of a 2 in 1 alert.. would love to see this added to the features list.
    PJD642 likes this.
    01-09-14 07:53 AM
    What's your OS? Was anyone able to make it work on 10.2.0.XX?

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    I'm on 10.2.1.1059 or something like that.

Still running the first beta. Never updated the app. And not planning to.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 12:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    You were chosen to beta test the app, including the updates. That's the whole purpose of this entire thread. You're not interested in helping the dev by reporting on the app as its updated? There's quite a few people who would like your spot if you want to go back to the BlackBerry World version.

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    habs_fan and curvezzz like this.
    01-09-14 01:17 PM
    I can see from the first page that there are daily updates.. Is there a way to download a new version? Or is this just a running log and a new beta release is not out yet? Just curious how updates work for beta users? Will we get a notification in the hub like normal or do we manually have to go get the App again?
    01-09-14 02:28 PM
    I can see from the first page that there are daily updates.. Is there a way to download a new version? Or is this just a running log and a new beta release is not out yet? Just curious how updates work for beta users? Will we get a notification in the hub like normal or do we manually have to go get the App again?
    There are no daily updates, the dev annouces them here and we grab them from bb world using the code provided. When the app will be released everybody will get notified about it the usual way .
    Beta works fine for me with the latest version, some small glitches that will be taken care of for sure before release.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 02:40 PM
    What I mean is I am on the beta team, but how do I get the new version with all the changes. Do I just go through all the same steps again to download from App World?
    01-09-14 02:52 PM
    NM I found out that I have to manually load the new Beta on the device each time. Their is no automated process for update.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-09-14 02:58 PM
    What I mean is I am on the beta team, but how do I get the new version with all the changes. Do I just go through all the same steps again to download from App World?
    Yep

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 03:20 PM
    On 2.0.21.242
    This has been happening since the 1st beta: If I reboot, either through the menu or swapping batteries, the app stops working even with the active frame for it open. It shows idle under device manager > CPU. I have to shut down the app there and reopen it to get it working.
    I've noticed that the app will also seem to stop working after a few hours after I confirmed that it was working earlier. Same scenario as above, will not start working again until I force close the app and restart.
    Thanks for the work pfluger!

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~ Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-09-14 05:13 PM
    Hey I just noticed that while using LinkedIn now, a friend wrote me on whatsapp and the notification didn't work at all, no sound, no led, no vibe mmmm I think it happened other times but now I can tell the exact details of the moment

And now, 10min later, I got an email and no notification either

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by evillcf; 01-10-14 at 06:42 AM.
    01-10-14 06:16 AM
    This happened to me when i had both bebuzz and system notifications enabled at the same time. Check out the settings and disable sound/led for bbm and the other apps you have assigned led/sounds in bebuzz.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. That solved the issue. I typically have the system notifications configured properly, but they didn't hold through a reboot and BBM was turned back on. I just forgot to check.
    01-10-14 07:17 AM
    On 2.0.21.242
    This has been happening since the 1st beta: If I reboot, either through the menu or swapping batteries, the app stops working even with the active frame for it open. It shows idle under device manager > CPU. I have to shut down the app there and reopen it to get it working.

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~ Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    On x.242 as well. Same behavior.
    I'm checking periodically throughout the day w/ test emails to various accounts. Device manager shows CPU use "idle", but alerts aren't triggered. Opening the app then closing the active window seems to "refresh" and the notifications work again.

I noticed it this occurs after having placed an outbound phone call. Here's what I tested:
    - Open/close BeBuzz app. Device mgr shows idle CPU
    - Place phone call
    - Send test email (from desktop, not handset)
    - Email arrives, but no alert triggered
    - BeBuzz no longer in device mgr list
    01-10-14 07:32 AM
    Release!!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 07:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Defeats the purpose of being a beta tester.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    jamesharmeling and habs_fan like this.
    01-10-14 07:45 AM
    Btw I forgot that enabling the development mode triggers a double notification sound, both sys and bebuzz, not sure what im doing wrong

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 09:50 AM
    I have enabled development mode and not experienced anything peculiar.

Sent from my Z30 or Surface Pro 2
    01-10-14 10:44 AM
876 ... 1819202122 ...