Looks like my outlook email led notification doesn't work sometimes. I have to set both work email and my outlook.com email led notification for it to work again and then turn off the work email.
    01-02-14 10:56 PM
    I'm using it for phone calls, texts, an outlook.com email, and an EAS account. LED and vibrate only.
    I'm having an issue when I reboot. After I boot back up and the Hub has finished syncing I receive no notifications for the accounts I have setup. The app shows as running in the device monitor and I have tried opening the app and closing the active frame as well as leaving the active frame open. If I end the process in device monitor and reopen the app it works with the active frame open and closed.

Pounded out via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    01-02-14 11:33 PM
    More findings: profile set to vibrate, all less stop working, reset back to normal profile, will test more to make sure how it goes
    01-02-14 11:36 PM
    If the app is headless it means you do not have to have it open car it work
    You're right. Forgot about that.
    01-03-14 12:22 AM
    It's a little confusing getting notifications for my own messages. Is it possible to change this in the current API and are you working on this?

A software API ("Application Programming Interface") is provided by the platform developer to 3rd party application developers, so they can develop software ("apps") that work on that platform. (In this case the platform is BlackBerry 10)

The API is controlled by the Platform vendor (in this case, BlackBerry Ltd.), so Bellshare (vendors of BeBuzz) have no control over this.

Simply put: if the API cannot distinguish between incoming and outgoing work messages, nothing Bellshare can do will be able to change that - they are limited by platform limitations right now.

So it would be up to BlackBerry to change that.
    01-03-14 03:05 AM
    Yes, I know this. I questioned if it is possible to change the behavior of BeBuzz with the current API and not the API itself.

A software API ("Application Programming Interface") is provided by the platform developer to 3rd party application developers, so they can develop software ("apps") that work on that platform. (In this case the platform is BlackBerry 10)

The API is controlled by the Platform vendor (in this case, BlackBerry Ltd.), so Bellshare (vendors of BeBuzz) have no control over this.

Simply put: if the API cannot distinguish between incoming and outgoing work messages, nothing Bellshare can do will be able to change that - they are limited by platform limitations right now.

So it would be up to BlackBerry to change that.
    01-03-14 05:20 AM
    I've been a user of bebuzz since it was berrybuzz v2.xx and loved the progression all the way up to v6.xx on os7. I actually only used it for LED customization so the lack of pop-up on os10 is not a big deal. I hope bellshare comes back with a "core" version for os10 I'm not a fan of unnecessary features that just drain battery and hogs up memory.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 11:35 AM
    I've been a user of bebuzz since it was berrybuzz v2.xx and loved the progression all the way up to v6.xx on os7. I actually only used it for LED customization so the lack of pop-up on os10 is not a big deal. I hope bellshare comes back with a "core" version for os10 I'm not a fan of unnecessary features that just drain battery and hogs up memory.

Posted via CB10
    In 10.2.1 the system provides popup notifications, so there's really no need for the app to make them too

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    LED and vibration control are the big ones for me. I haven't had a chance to dig into the other features much, but if it can separate notification sounds from the main notification setting, I will start using that feature. I hate having a message sound that's as loud as the phone ringer

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~ Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    01-03-14 06:01 PM
    Yes, I know this. I questioned if it is possible to change the behavior of BeBuzz with the current API and not the API itself.

As I have tried to explain: The API is the way that any software uses to interact with the operating system.

If the operating system has no API call that allows a 3rd-party application to detect some sort of system state (such as, being able to detect which BBM contact has just communicated with you, or distinguishing between an incoming and outgoing work message), then there is typically no way they can just "magically" do this. 3rd party app developers cannot change the architecture of the OS and the data it exposes to 3rd-party apps, this has to be done by the OS vendor.

This is also why, for example, 3rd-party notifications apps on BB10 do not have all the LED color choices that they did on the legacy devices - the "hooks" necessary for an app to make subtle changes to LED color do not exist. There are only a limited number of defined color choices available via the BB10 API.
    01-03-14 06:06 PM
    hi, I don't know much about programming etc, but are you saying the developer cannot add, a separate profile in holster or out of holster for phone, email, text etc.? like my 0s7 9930 had? OR Blackberry has to program? and if they have to program could these be given to us in an update? Happy New Year!
    01-03-14 06:15 PM
    Just my two cents, but I like the option have have an alert tone play when the phone is set to "Vibrate only". If I read correctly above, this option may be going away with headless. Please DO NOT remove that ability, P!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 07:52 PM
    hi, I don't know much about programming etc, but are you saying the developer cannot add, a separate profile in holster or out of holster for phone, email, text etc.? like my 0s7 9930 had? OR Blackberry has to program? and if they have to program could these be given to us in an update? Happy New Year!

In the case of the holster, I believe 3rd-party apps do have a way to detect holster insertion for those devices that support that. (The Z30 does not, for example, to my knowledge.)

But a lot of functions that are missing from notification apps on BB10 are simply because the OS doesn't have the same API hooks to allow those things that the legacy BBOS devices had. Here are the examples I am aware of:

1. Detecting Caller ID info on incoming phone call (ie for custom per-contact notifications in 3rd-party app)
    2. Distinguishing between incoming/outgoing new work email
    3. Determining which BBM contact has messaged you (ie for custom per-contact notifications in 3rd-party app)
    4. Broad spectrum of LED colors
    5. Detecting which native/global notification profile is in use (ie to switch notifications based on this)
    6. Ability to "block" an unwanted phone call (partly due to item #1, partly because the 'blocking' function is missing)
    pfluger likes this.
    01-04-14 07:46 AM
    The way I understand it is the developers have been waiting for BlackBerry to release the APIs (?) they need to enhance their apps or create new ones. I am wondering why BlackBerry is not releasing these APIs sooner. The BB10 apps library is already pitifully small; further delays will make the situation worse. Or, is it because the BB people are still developing them?
    01-04-14 08:15 AM
    The way I understand it is the developers have been waiting for BlackBerry to release the APIs (?) they need to enhance their apps or create new ones. I am wondering why BlackBerry is not releasing these APIs sooner. The BB10 apps library is already pitifully small; further delays will make the situation worse. Or, is it because the BB people are still developing them?

The APIs are being enhanced continuously.

Unfortunately I think a lot of those projects got sidetracked somewhat while the company's future has been up in the air the past few months. Most likely they will start moving forward more consistently now that they have a new management team and direction.
    01-04-14 08:29 AM
    App works fine so far, led lights and notifications. Only thing that bugs me is that after the reboot, it's not functioning until I open and close again. If it is supposed to be that way, then it's not a bug.

STL 100-1 on 10.2.1.1925

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 12:23 PM
    Just my two cents, but I like the option have have an alert tone play when the phone is set to "Vibrate only". If I read correctly above, this option may be going away with headless. Please DO NOT remove that ability, P!

Posted via CB10
    There will be a new settings category in the upcoming build that allows you to configure which BeBuzz notification types (LED, sound, vibrate) to enable/disable for each notification profile of your device.
    01-04-14 03:21 PM
    in the upcoming build on BeBuzz? estimated time?
    01-04-14 04:25 PM
    in the upcoming build on BeBuzz? estimated time?
    Now

Version 2.0.15 is now available for download. Download via debug mode just like the original one (see first post for instructions).

It might take 1 or 2 hours before becoming visible. Check the version number in the BlackBerry World description before downloading.

Changelog:
    - Added settings category to customize BeBuzz notification types per device notification profile
    - Increased active frame font size on Z30
    - Fixed high CPU usage while active frame is open
    - Fixed app name spelling in BlackBerry Device Monitor
    jamesharmeling and pcuser like this.
    01-04-14 09:42 PM
    Now

Version 2.0.15 is now available for download. Download via debug mode just like the original one (see first post for instructions).

It might take 1 or 2 hours before becoming visible. Check the version number in the BlackBerry World description before downloading.

Changelog:
    - Added settings category to customize BeBuzz notification types per device notification profile
    Awesome! Don't see it as available yet, so I'll keep checking. Thanks for your hard work on creating such a great app.

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    01-04-14 10:11 PM
    Now

Changelog:
    I assume one would still need to be on the beta program to download this new version?
    J...
    01-05-14 08:07 AM
    I assume one would still need to be on the beta program to download this new version?
    J...
    Yep!!! The masses are not privy to this until it is out of beta.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-14 08:45 AM
    Yep!!! The masses are not privy to this until it is out of beta.

Posted via CB10
    Well, that explains why constant refreshes of appworld aren't making a difference for me...
    01-05-14 10:15 AM
    Well, that explains why constant refreshes of appworld aren't making a difference for me...
    Same here lol. I hope it happens soon since I wasn't able to get in. Pretty disappointed that I couldn't be a part of it since I bought the app the day it was released but hey that's life. Can't be included all the time.

Sent from my Z30 or Surface Pro 2
    habs_fan likes this.
    01-05-14 01:22 PM
    @pfluger. Please clean out your PMs. We cannot contact you with specific questions
    01-05-14 02:50 PM
876 ... 1415161718 ...