I don't understand your post. I'm pretty sure people have day jobs and families, so cut them some slack. And as far the length of this beta...I would much rather wait for the release of it guarantees the most stable experience then to rush something to the masses only to have them come back and complain about the buggy-ness...which based on your comment it what I figure you would be inclined to do.

Posted via CB10
    Right, why wait when there is already an app that works well for me?
    You shouldn't be spewing off like this as it seems to me you have a lot complaints and issues with BeBuzz yourself, and who are you to tell me what I should do? I was merely expressing my opinion which I thought I was allowed to do here? When he finally releases this app we will see exactly how stable it is. So far, I have had zero problems with Powertools.
    03-08-14 02:27 AM
    The name is definitely not Jake,yes I have had issues with BeBuzz but that is what beta testing is...experiencing issues, notify the Dev and getting them fixed.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 02:36 AM
    The name is definitely not Jake,yes I have had issues with BeBuzz but that is what beta testing is...experiencing issues, notify the Dev and getting them fixed.

Posted via CB10
    Well, you can beta test until the cows come home and I gaurantee there will still be lots of issues and bugs. Based on the posts in this thread this app is far far from being ready where as I'm already enjoying an app that does what BeBuzz does plus a whole lot more and is relatively trouble free thus far. The other thing I might add is the developer responded to a question I had within minutes and based on what I'm reading here the developer of BeBuzz does't seem to give a rat's a** about the customer's that buy his apps. Again, I'm expressing my own opinions and experiences.

BTW: I apologize for calling you Jake but you will note that I had edited my post seconds after the original post
    03-08-14 03:29 AM
    Why such an aggressive tone? I can understand you did not want to wait anymore. I can understand you are more satisfied with the other app.

But instead of berating BeBuzz, why not just use that energy to give your new app some extra positive feedback. In its own thread. The best way to get 'small' developers to stay is not by shouting at the ones you do not like, but by supporting the ones you do like.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    allwi, dragon77, Foppa_21 and 4 others like this.
    03-08-14 05:41 AM
    I will have to agree that it is taking a long time to get approval in bbw.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 04:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it is taking unusally long. We have already contacted BlackBerry.
    03-09-14 04:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's not BlackBerry App World it's the developer lol

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 04:51 PM
    It's not BlackBerry App World it's the developer lol

Posted via CB10
    No its BlackBerry...

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 08:18 PM
    Anxiously awaiting this release. I saw some ppl having an issue with the led pattern pictures not showing up two pages back.

Hope this was sorted out

Swiped from my Z10
    03-09-14 08:22 PM
    Something is definitely going on with Blackberry App World. I had to wait 3 weeks for a refund, whereas it used to take 24-48 hours.
    03-09-14 09:17 PM
    Well, you can beta test until the cows come home and I gaurantee there will still be lots of issues and bugs.
    I agree with both you and MrGlenn in some ways. For now, you (as well as many others who have been quietly waiting for the headless version all these months) might as well treat this endeavor as a dead dog. No sense in continuing to kick it for signs of life, because the more you do, the more you might despise it - for being dead to you.

Try to focus your attention instead on other more worthwhile apps and developers at present. Much as I also hate the situation, this developer didn't promise me anything about the app going headless when I decided to pay for it back then. So, strictly speaking, I can't very much fault this joke, which started on New Year's Eve. If it launches as headless someday... [shrug].
    03-09-14 09:55 PM
    And before I forget... Will the developer please change the backup path to an external medium? If not, give the users an option to do so?
    03-09-14 10:15 PM
    I agree with both you and MrGlenn in some ways. For now, you (as well as many others who have been quietly waiting for the headless version all these months) might as well treat this endeavor as a dead dog. No sense in continuing to kick it for signs of life, because the more you do, the more you might despise it - for being dead to you.

Try to focus your attention instead on other more worthwhile apps and developers at present. Much as I also hate the situation, this developer didn't promise me anything about the app going headless when I decided to pay for it back then. So, strictly speaking, I can't very much fault this joke, which started on New Year's Eve. If it launches as headless someday... [shrug].
    Actually, this is what he posted on April 9th 2013

IMPORTANT LIMITATION: BeBuzz 10 has to constantly run as an active frame to work properly. If the app is closed it will not function. As soon as this missing functionality is added, we will of course provide a free upgrade!

Link: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-10-a-793711/

This is just an fyi as I have moved on and not going to dwell on this.
    03-09-14 10:20 PM
    It really interesting how people can be so demanding and entitled. I'm sure those aren't the best words to use but I just couldn't come up with anything else. How many of you wanting this app to be released to the masses complained about 1 or many blackberry devices that should have not been rushed to market? Or how about SoialScope...has anyone seen that released to the masses....that was in beta FOR YEARS! and to this day...you can't get it on blackberry unless it is a android port. I honestly believe this will app will be released soon.

Trust me patience is not a virtue of mine, but to berate the Dev for not working on your time is really stupid.

Personally, I don't enjoy have baked anything.

Just something to think about.

Posted via CB10
    jabroniw and allwi like this.
    03-09-14 11:28 PM
    It really interesting how people can be so demanding and entitled.
    The fate of the internet: some people believe that they are entitled to have everything when they want it.
    In the old times you learned as a child that although you're precious, you are *not* the centre of the universe. Nowadays a lot of people does not reach this state of maturity.
    Omnitech likes this.
    03-10-14 01:39 AM
    I also bought the BeBuzz 10 Pro 2 month ago, because I felt it was really worth the money (after using the free version) and I wanted to show how grateful am I that BlackBerry community has such a good app like this.
    I don't want to complain about why the headless version is not coming in time (compare to other Led apps) - I could, but rather than I would like to point out to the fact, that the communication between Bellshare and the customers is not the best. I mean, when I wrote an email to the Power Tools dew, I got reply in one hour. When I wrote to the BlackBerry community on twitter, they replied in 12 hours. But I have sent an email to Bellshare almost two weeks ago, I wrote on twitter 5 days ago, and still nothing. They don't say it is a secret information, they don't say maybe this month, week, they don't say they don't know, they don't say anything ! And that is why I feel disappointed, because I expected somethings more from one of the largest developers on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 03:04 AM
    I would like to point out to the fact, that the communication between Bellshare and the customers is not the best.
    I really like the products from BellShare because they always look nice, sleek and solid and don't have many bugs. Some features are missing but they were (normally) not promised. So far, so good.

But in relation to their communication with their paying customers (btw: is BellShare more than Pfluger!?) they are a mess. Would I recommend them, ie their products? No because of this lack of support I wouldn't.
    I tried Hub++ because of this frustration a few times but it never worked reliable for me (and an unreliable LED/notification app is worse than having no app at all).
    I'm reluctant to try Powertools - the price is quite steep and I don't like to be called a 'brainless sheep' as by buwee earlier.
    So I wait - until the frustration gets to much again...
    03-10-14 06:32 AM
    On legacy devices, I have never had an issue with Bellshare. I have not contacted them directly regarding BB10 OS because I have not needed too. And being part of this beta I figured I just needed to communicate with them through this thread. I for one own all three LED apps. I have bounced between Hub and Bebuzz...both had issues for me. At this moment BeBuzz is the most stable.

I guess my point was just to say don't complain about not having the app if it isn't ready, only to get it and then complain that it isn't ready. If you get tired of waiting...move on without berating the dev.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 06:53 AM
    I see your point, but you are in the beta test, so you can use the app.
    However, I wanted to highlight the lack of communication from the dev. I think, I am not alone, probably hundreds of customers are waiting for the headless one, and we do know, that the beta testing has already started, but while all the other Led apps already went headless, we haven't got any piece of information about our app.
    I think it is not a shame, to write on twitter, or just here, that "sry guys, we need one more week" or "We are planning to launch version 2.0 at the end of March (or April, whenever)" ect. If the developer would give a kind of information like this, probably nobody would asking "When 2.0 is coming" and also, there would not be one and two star ratings in BB World with comments like this "Where headless is" and "You'll need still an active frame". I think, these are not the best advertisements and recommendations for future customers...

Correcting: I saw the post from 6 days ago, that means actually you are waiting for BlackBerry(?). In this case you could just write here something like "We are waiting for the BB, this process usually taking 2-3 days (or correct me) but now it is more than 6 days, we have contacted them, probably coming soon" - it is just an example, but an update like this here or on twitter would be grat.
    Last edited by rodosto13; 03-10-14 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Correcting
    03-10-14 11:24 AM
    +1

Communication is King. It overcomes a lot of obstacles and solidifies a strong fan base.
    03-10-14 11:30 AM
    I do agree that communication is key.

And if you take the time to read through the thread he does give updates which are few and far between but they are there.

I tried Hub and it did not suit my needs so I'm patiently wait for the update to Bebuzz which should be any day now as it is in the approval process.

To anyone that is giving it a 2 star rating because it is not headless I'd advise them to read where I fully tells you in the app description that you need the active frame. It's not a secret. If they can't read I advise they save the couple of bucks they were going to spend and put it towards reading lessons.

Posted via CB10
    PJD642 likes this.
    03-10-14 11:39 AM
    Well, it is obvious that if you want to buy an app from a developer who answers your queries, then don't buy from BellShare... it is not coincidence that so many different users (and let's be clear, paying customers) in different tones and moments say the same about the lack of support... maybe he/they have nothing new to say but still, good customer service and minimal courtesy dictates that you should answers and provide information... but it is clear that next time just use the only power you have, besides complaining to a wall (BellShare customer service), and it is buying from another developer...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 11:39 AM
    To anyone that is giving it a 2 star rating because it is not headless I'd advise them to read where I fully tells you in the app description that you need the active frame. It's not a secret.
    Posted via CB10
    Probably they were the less patient customers. They bought it, were waiting, but they tried to reach the developer on that way.

But an other example: my friend, who bough a Z10 4 weaks ago wanted a good LED app. He asked me, which is the best, I said BeBuzz 10. Then he asked me if it is headless, I said no, but it is coming. He asked me when, I said don't know, I had asked them, but I had not got any replay. Last friday he just bough HUB++.
    This is a way to lose customers. And the only thing is needed just to communicate with them. Look at the Samsung, they are spending billions on advertisements... or the Apple, they made people like believers... both company has great communication. You can have the coolest, greatest device, app, anything, if you can't keep in touch with your costumers, you are lost. (Ok, not lost, but with communication you could be even better )
    03-10-14 11:57 AM
    Well, it is obvious that if you want to buy an app from a developer who answers your queries, then don't buy from BellShare... it is not coincidence that so many different users (and let's be clear, paying customers) in different tones and moments say the same about the lack of support... maybe he/they have nothing new to say but still, good customer service and minimal courtesy dictates that you should answers and provide information... but it is clear that next time just use the only power you have, besides complaining to a wall (BellShare customer service), and it is buying from another developer...
    Agreed. I can only wish the quality of communication matched the quality of product as I'm a big fan of BellShare apps.
    03-10-14 11:58 AM
    Yes, it is taking unusally long. We have already contacted BlackBerry.
    @Pfluger what did they say?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 01:22 PM
876 ... 2829303132 ...