I have to disagree. Here is the proof of Bebuzz 10 pro draining my z10 battery. I did a small test by only running bebuzz 10 pro last night to see how much battery juice it consumed.
    Please do the same test without BeBuzz running.

Do you have any Android ported apps installed? These can run in the background and drain the battery.
    06-30-13 02:12 AM
    I have to disagree. Here is the proof of Bebuzz 10 pro draining my z10 battery. I did a small test by only running bebuzz 10 pro last night to see how much battery juice it consumed.
    I see you are on 3G. Maybe you can try update or check out the forums for a good combination of os+radio for your operator. I bought my Q10 from Germany and I use it in Romania. Before i updated it, i had a huge problem with battery draining very fast, like 10%/hour doing nothing, while on wifi i had like 1-2% drain/ hour. Changed my os and all is good now. With BeBuzz running i have the same 1-2% hour consumption.
    06-30-13 04:02 AM

Do you have any Android ported apps installed? These can run in the background and drain the battery.
    I don't have any Android ported apps installed . I'll do a test without bebuzz 10 pro running tonight. I'm currently using OS 10.1.0.2062 on stl100-1.
    06-30-13 06:10 AM
    I've not seen any separable amount of drain (that is, attributable to the app in tile mode) from BeBuzz and I've been using it for a while now.
    06-30-13 02:18 PM
    Any solution to re linking orphaned contacts?

How about allowing custom contacts to use default alerts so we can just star so they can bypass the sleep settings?

Posted via CB10 on my sweet Z10
    06-30-13 05:26 PM
    With Bebuzz 10 pro running in the background

Attachment 177369Attachment 177370Attachment 177372
    Without Bebuzz 10 pro running in the background.
    BeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000031.jpgBeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000032.jpgBeBuzz 10 Pro for BlackBerry 10-img_00000034.jpg

I'm running OS 10.1.0.2062. As you can see, bebuzz 10 pro consumes more battery juice when it runs in the background. In my case, it consumed more 27% of my z10 battery. I didn't use my phone when I ran these tests.
    06-30-13 05:46 PM
    We did some internal tests using apps like Battery Guru (I posted this somewhere early in this thread). We didn't see any considerable battery drain caused by BeBuzz.
    Would be nice if you can list out what setting you set to BeBuzz while do testing.
    Just want to compare fully customized setting like assigned individual LED, Ringtones, pop up for contacts and apps with a lightly customized setting.

My phone battery drained quite high.. I have different application running with different LED setting. Normally i will keep my phone in silent mode, so i need different LED to justify what is the incoming call / email / messages / notification. will this caused the drains?
    07-01-13 01:02 AM
    Shouldn't. I have roughly a dozen different LED cadences and choices for various things and they often are blinking. It doesn't materially impact the drain.

There is an intermittent problem with all the loads I've seen thus far that occasionally leaves the phone refusing to go all the way to sleep. You can see it immediately if you have Battery Guru; the only "fix" is to reboot that I've found thus far as when it happens idle load goes to ~0.3 watt, which is 3x or more what it should be. It's clearly a problem with the phone not dropping all the way into its sleep mode but what's holding the wakelock is something I've been unable to determine as of yet.
    07-01-13 06:07 AM
    I take it back.

I just got the phone into a state where it was drawing a consistent 0.4w idle. Shutting down BeBuzz Pro stopped it WITHOUT a reboot, and on a restart it stayed fixed.

Ye guys have a problem here with wakelocks being held open.
    07-01-13 12:43 PM

That simple fact - that Android ports or sideloads can run in the background and drain the battery - gets very little if any airplay in all these constant debates about battery life on BB10 devices.

I have long been suspicious of Android apps role in that, but I wasn't 100% sure that it was a universal fact that they could run in the background without specific Blackberry authorization. (ie, I always assumed that major headline Android-ports like Skype and Slacker Radio etc had been given some sort of special hooks or APIs to do things that in general most apps can't do, ie for background operations)
    07-01-13 03:08 PM
    I take it back.

I just got the phone into a state where it was drawing a consistent 0.4w idle. Shutting down BeBuzz Pro stopped it WITHOUT a reboot, and on a restart it stayed fixed.

Ye guys have a problem here with wakelocks being held open.

Maybe it's the same issue he has with BeWeather.

I can't keep it running because of the battery-drain issue, even if I have updates set to a fairly infrequent setting.

I've also discovered that it (BeWeather) keeps sending notifications to the Hub even when it's not running, and possibly even through a reboot.

Could be a similar issue?
    07-01-13 03:13 PM
    Battery drain ( please update!
    I uninstalled bebuzz 10 pro. Until they improve their app's battery usage in the next day, I won't use it in z10. I'll wait for the next update.
    07-02-13 05:30 AM
    I am becoming suspicious that the problem isn't in BeBuzz but rather in the message-passing infrastructure in the OS, and am putting in a fair bit of effort to isolate this.
    07-02-13 06:11 AM
    Any word on when you'll have things fixed so it doesn't vibrate in the middle of a call if I get a message???
    07-02-13 09:36 AM
    A new update to BeBuzz 10 Pro has just been approved by BlackBerry and should be available for download within the next couple of hours.

Changes in 1.5.31 include
    - Fixed coverage indicator not muted in bedside mode
    - Fixed text-to-speech configuration in notifications not showing up on some devices
    - Fixed muting of sound/vibrate during a phone call
    - Canceling notifications now on Hub open and close

We are still looking into the battery drain reports.
    Spawn12, tohstanley and dosto like this.
    07-03-13 10:58 PM
    A new update to BeBuzz 10 Pro has just been approved by BlackBerry and should be available for download within the next couple of hours.

- Fixed text-to-speech configuration in notifications not showing up on some devices

will you bring back the setting for battery LED indicator?
    Showing charging, battery low & battery full.
    07-04-13 01:13 AM
    will you bring back the setting for battery LED indicator?
    Showing charging, battery low & battery full.
    BB10 does flash the LED when the battery is low.

We used a solid LED (non-flashing) for charging and battery full on BB7. Unfortunately this does not work on BB10.
    07-04-13 01:23 AM

I can confirm that it's available to download in BB World right now.

Can your app read an email or text message's content when it arrives instead of a sender a title? If your app doesn't support it, please reconsider it in your next update. It'd be nice if your app can read the whole thing. Thank you.

By the way, how can I use your text-to-speech feature? I ran your app while sending myself a message but your app didn't speak.
    Last edited by letmein13; 07-04-13 at 01:45 AM.
    07-04-13 01:35 AM
    BB10 does flash the LED when the battery is low.

We used a solid LED (non-flashing) for charging and battery full on BB7. Unfortunately this does not work on BB10.
    Thanks for the quick response. Hoping BB10 next update will not require to keep the active frame running.
    07-04-13 01:44 AM
    I can confirm that it's available to download in BB World right now.

Can your app read an email or text message's content when it arrives instead of a sender a title? If your app doesn't support it, please reconsider it in your next update. It'd be nice if your app can read the whole thing. Thank you.

By the way, how can I use your text-to-speech feature? I ran your app while sending myself a message but your app didn't speak.
    You will find text-to-speech under the sound settings for a notification. Select Sound > Single Alert or Sound > Alert w/Reminder. If that specific notification supports text-to-speech it will show a 'Tone' option where you can select 'Read Message Out Aloud' or 'Tone, then Read Message'.
    07-04-13 01:58 AM
    @Pfluger

In the new version, no other languages ​​are accepted as English still. Once you select a different language and exits the menu, the next English is again selected.

asbmorsi
    07-04-13 01:59 AM
    In Message Actions, may i know what is the text color appear to you guys?
    mine here showing white background with grey text, which is kinda hard to read.

Is it only me or this is a known bug?
    07-04-13 06:05 AM
    In Message Actions, may i know what is the text color appear to you guys?
    mine here showing white background with grey text, which is kinda hard to read.

Is it only me or this is a known bug?
    Yes, my screen is similarly hard to read. I'm sure that this will be an easy fix.
    07-04-13 11:45 AM
    ...Fixed muting of sound/vibrate during a phone call...
    WORKS - thank you!
    Spawn12 likes this.
    07-04-13 01:34 PM
    That simple fact - that Android ports or sideloads can run in the background and drain the battery - gets very little if any airplay in all these constant debates about battery life on BB10 devices.

I have long been suspicious of Android apps role in that, but I wasn't 100% sure that it was a universal fact that they could run in the background without specific Blackberry authorization. (ie, I always assumed that major headline Android-ports like Skype and Slacker Radio etc had been given some sort of special hooks or APIs to do things that in general most apps can't do, ie for background operations)

Umm, you do know that Slacker Radio is a native app right? For Skype yeah, not Slacker Radio.
    07-04-13 02:19 PM
979 ... 2324252627 ...