Which is newer bebuzz 10 or bebuzz pro. Anyone? Thanks!

Swiped up on my Z10!
    11-22-13 03:04 PM
    Both the BlackBerry 10 apps are the same, the free version is feature-limited.

The free version shows a slightly higher full build number, but the release date is the same. (2013-10-10)
    11-23-13 12:07 AM
    Both the BlackBerry 10 apps are the same, the free version is feature-limited.

The free version shows a slightly higher full build number, but the release date is the same. (2013-10-10)
    Thanks but my point is that I see a Bebuzz 10 pro in BlackBerry World while mine says just bebuzz pro. I just installed the 1055 leak and was restoring from my available apps in myworld. Yet when I do a search I see bebuzz 10 Pro at $2.99

Swiped up on my Z10!
    11-23-13 01:26 AM
    Thanks but my point is that I see a Bebuzz 10 pro in BlackBerry World while mine says just bebuzz pro. I just installed the 1055 leak and was restoring from my available apps in myworld. Yet when I do a search I see bebuzz 10 Pro at $2.99

I think that's just a variance in what the app calls itself after it's installed versus what shows up as available in BBW.

IE when I search for "BeBuzz" on BBW I find "BeBuzz 10" and "BeBuzz 10 Pro". It also shows that way when I go to "My World" in the BBW app.

However if I look at the ActiveFrame on my device (running the free version), it displays only "BeBuzz", and it also shows that way in DeviceMonitor.
    11-23-13 06:05 AM
    That must be it then. Thanks a lot!

Swiped up on my Z10!
    11-23-13 09:38 AM
    I deleted this app a long time ago

Posted via Harry
    what alternative do you use, does it have as many color options as BeBuzz and does it have other notifications besides calls, text, emails? a la calendar alerts or low-batt, etc...

I been searching for something like Advance OS & LED but so far doesn't exist on BB10...
    11-23-13 06:37 PM
    what alternative do you use, does it have as many color options as BeBuzz and does it have other notifications besides calls, text, emails? a la calendar alerts or low-batt, etc...

I been searching for something like Advance OS & LED but so far doesn't exist on BB10...

The main competitors are Hub++ and Color LED Message. There are others that only affect the LED and do not have any sound/vibration or other features.
    11-23-13 07:57 PM
    My phone has been randomly flashing a yellow light today when I don't have any new notifications or anything. It randomly appears and when I unlock my phone there is nothing and the light stops flashing. It is so annoying because I think I have a new Facebook notification since that is what the yellow flash is set for, but there is nothing. Does anyone know why it is doing that or how I can stop it? Thanks!
    11-24-13 11:40 PM
    What colour is the "other apps" set to?

Swiped up on my Z10!
    11-25-13 12:47 AM
    I haven't been monitoring this thread for some time. Sorry for that. I will try to answer most of the open questions below.

Anything on bbm or sms text to speech because it doesn't work or is it not an option yet
    This is not possible at this time. We do not have access to the bbm/sms message content.

I asked before and got no response to this question: Can we get an update to BeBuzz to allow a popup for notifications in the HUB?
    This is not possible at this time. We do not have access to message contents in the Hub.

This was probably already answered, but will we be able to have contact specific BBM alerts?
    This is not possible at this time. We do not get any details about incoming BBM messages (sender or content)

Why doesn't BeBuzz Support multiple LED's for BBM since there should be some kinda notification to hook on I suppose, or are you still limited by the SDK for such a request?
    The way we detect BBM notifications doesn't provide any means to distinguish between message and group message. So basically a SDK limitation.

It would be nice to have the ability of assigning different LED's for different BBM contacts.
    This is not possible at this time. We do not get any details about incoming BBM messages (sender or content)

Any news on the ability to remap entries to contacts.
    We are working on this.

Any update on the headless app situation? Did it get approval?
    No approval yet. Last reply we got from BlackBerry was "soon"...

Any idea as to when you will get PIN messages to have their own led?? As I cannot see anything that allows me to change the led colour
    I am not sure if we have access to PIN messages. If there is demand for it we will try to add it (if possible).

All I'm saying is the dev claim they have the app made, and we all know headless integration is in is 10.2 as it is now. So the dev should even without app world approval make that update available to us who bought the app.
    Unfortunately this is not just a matter of making the app available. Approval means getting special signing keys for headless. Apps that are not signed with these keys won't run on any device.

Would it be possible to add Rules to the App. For example I'm using a Gmail Account which also fetches e-mails from other account, I only want my LED to blink when an e-mail is pointed to the main address.
    Rules are available when you select 'Add Contact'. Use 'Custom Rule'. 'To' address filtering is not yet available though.

Is lack of calendar support a BB API think or just not implemented yet. Calendar events are the most import things to be reminded of and it is not in BeBuzz.....
    We are experimenting with this but haven't found a reliable solution yet.

Due to some restrictions in how we can edit app details BlackBerry World made this a little more chaotic than we would like it to be.
    Basically there are the following versions of BeBuzz:
    BeBuzz/BeBuzz 7 (BBOS, free version)
    BeBuzz Pro/BeBuzz 7 Pro (BBOS, paid version)
    BeBuzz 10 (BB10, free version)
    BeBuzz 10 Pro (BB10, paid version)
    Last edited by pfluger; 11-25-13 at 03:43 AM.
    Omnitech, R Field, allwi and 2 others like this.
    11-25-13 01:21 AM
    Basically there are the following versions of BeBuzz:

Looks like something got truncated at the bottom...
    11-25-13 02:58 AM
    Looks like something got truncated at the bottom...
    Fixed
    Omnitech likes this.
    11-25-13 03:44 AM
    Thanks for the clarification on those items. Messaged BlackBerry for you cause frankly your app is the only app I really "need" to run headless.
    pfluger likes this.
    11-25-13 05:19 AM
    Welcome back Pfluger =).

1. About the "to" filter, are you planning on adding this? Would be great =).
    2. Can you mute the LED on Toast interaction or is there no hook available within the API?

Thanks, hopefully the App is getting better and better =)! Any sneak peaks on future Functionality?

Poster via CB10 on Z10LE
    11-25-13 02:19 PM
    Yes, good to have you back Pfluger - I already thought you abandoned BB ...
    11-25-13 04:52 PM
    Pfluger:

I have about 10 contacts set up with different color combinations for texting, email and missed calls. Texting works correctly, emails works correctly, but missed calls always gives me a red LED, which is my default for missed calls. Why is that happening?
    11-25-13 05:06 PM
    Welcome back Pfluger =).

1. About the "to" filter, are you planning on adding this? Would be great =).
    Yes, we have that planned.

2. Can you mute the LED on Toast interaction or is there no hook available within the API?
    There is currently nothing in the API that would allow us to do that.
    JunkieXP likes this.
    11-26-13 03:59 AM
    Pfluger:

I have about 10 contacts set up with different color combinations for texting, email and missed calls. Texting works correctly, emails works correctly, but missed calls always gives me a red LED, which is my default for missed calls. Why is that happening?
    Just to clarify, red is the LED you have configured in BeBuzz as the contact default for missed calls?
    11-26-13 04:01 AM
    Under contact defaults I have red LED set for missed calls, but under each contact I have set up in BeBuzz, I have other colors set for missed calls, which happens to be the same color for texts. When I get a text from a particular contact, the LED color is correct for what I have set up under that contact, but for the same contact, when I have a missed call, the. LED flashes red and not the color I have set in that contacts profile.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 09:06 AM
    I would like to make a request for specific BeBuzz 10 to include specific support for the Accuweather App like there us specific support for Blaq. Thank you.
    11-27-13 12:03 AM
    I would like to make a request for specific BeBuzz 10 to include specific support for the Accuweather App like there us specific support for Blaq. Thank you.
    I want be buzz for my note 3.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    11-27-13 12:11 AM
    Granted, I didn't read all 877 posts in this thread but, the search "BeBuzz backup" found no results. The issue I'm having is backing up my BeBuzz settings. When I tap 'backup settings' BeBuzz gives me the message that it was successfully stored in the /misc folder in the device memory. When I check that folder it's empty. In fact, I can tap 'backup settings' and then tap 'restore settings', (confirm) and BeBuzz gives the message "Could not find bebuzz.backup file in /misc folder in device memory".

Posted from the Q
    11-28-13 07:08 AM
    Here's a feature request: when I'm at work my phone stays on "Vibrate only" and I have BeBuzz set to do the "Alert" tone once, plus vibrate 4 times for texts, BBMs, etc. The combination of a single audible alert plus vibrate ensures that I realize I got a message. I run into problems, however, when I get an actual phone call. Since there's no audible setting for calls in BeBuzz, I sometimes don't notice the vibrating and miss a call. Could a "sound" notification option be created for "Phone calls" as well as the current "missed call"?
    12-01-13 07:31 AM
    Is this headless yet? Us 10.2.1.xxxx users are waiting...
    12-01-13 06:29 PM
    Is this headless yet? Us 10.2.1.xxxx users are waiting...
    I believe the developer is waiting as well.
    As per post #866...
    No approval yet. Last reply we got from BlackBerry was "soon"...
    When approved, it will be an awesome addition for 10.2.1 users!
    allwi likes this.
    12-01-13 06:41 PM
979 ... 3334353637 ...